Beautiful Monster

Good Girl, Bad Girl

Beautiful Monster



 

 

A monster in disguise. She has a face from the angel and a heart from the devil.


 

Oh. She is elegant and attractive alright.


 

But...


 

Don’t you dare to walk near her; her heart is wrapped with thorns. She was born with a frozen personality, and trained with the skills to kill. She can tear you apart with her bare hands. Even her stares are strong, like it can pierced through your body. Plus, who would want to mess with the daughter of Korea's biggest gang's leader.



 

When you see her, all you have to do is hide.



 

With a back flip, the girl dodged her enemy’s attack. Her enemies were chasing after her for the revenge of killing their boss. Quick like a leopard, she sprung from the wall and landed a kick on her enemy. Her enemy joined the other six on the ground. She picked up her black bookbag and glanced at the scene.

 

“Catch her!” Another voice echoed in the alley with hurry footsteps traveling toward her. She heard the sound of loading bullets from her followers. No one would want to capture a monster without weapon. She took a few steps back away from the wall. With a sudden acceleration, she ran towards the wall again and sprung upward. Immediately, she grabbed the top edge of the wall and leapt over it.

 

Bang!

 

Missed. She knew they saw her. Climbing over the wall was indeed a bad move to give your position away. Lithe as a cat, she leapt up another wall. Light as a feather, she traced the top of the thin wall with her footsteps. When she reached the end of the wall fence, she landed on the ground steadily. She entered the busy street. They had lost her.

 

She pulled out a black hoodie from her bookbag and looped it over her tank top. Gradually, she managed to slow down her breathing. Back to normal, she was just another girl walking on the night street.

 

“Jessica.” A voiced called her from the back. Recognized the owner of the sweet sound, she turned.

 

Her lips formed a light smile. Donghae, her brother, was standing a few feet before her. He had his hands tucked into his jean pockets. The plain T-shirt relieved his muscular arms. Wearing an unsatisfied expression on his face, he approached Jessica. Before she can react, he pulled her into an embrace.

 

“Will you stop doing this?” The boy requested with solicitude.

 

Jessica pushed him away and gave him with a brittle smile. It had been numerous times that he asked that question. She never repeats her answers. Yes, Jessica is a cold hearted creature. In fact, she even treated her own brother with icy cruel words. However, Donghae knew that deep inside, she cares about him despite the fact that they were not blood related. She turned around and started her journey again. Donghae just followed like a bodyguard.

 

They were heading back home, a place, where they had to fight to survive.

 


 

 

Jessica slapped the stack of money and a case on the bar table. A well-suited man with a cigarette hanging on the corner of his mouth chuckled with satisfaction. He grabs the money and counted it with his thumb. Minjoong, the gang leader of the biggest gang in korea, sipped the alcohol from the edge of a tiny cup. Jessica’s brow knitted together disliking the sound of his laughter.

 

“Never disappoints me. Jessica. You are always so good at being bad.” Minjoong slapped his hand carelessly on Jessica’s shoulder. She shot him an annoyed look. Minjoong raised his eyebrows making his wrinkles more visible, then he quickly putted both his hand up in the air. He started to laugh again.

 

“Oops. I am not suppose to touch my majesty with impoliteness.” Jessica hates the tone her father uses to talk to her.

 

No. She hates this man. He is not her real father anyways.

 

“What are you doing here?” The man quickly frowned when he saw Donghae appear next to Jessica. His tone changed dramatically. There was not a hint of business tone between Donghae and his real father, but when he spoke with Jessica every words were filled with it.

 

Of course, Jessica know the reason Minjoong adopted her was because of her skills. Assassination, stealing, and protecting are Jessica’s daily job. Growing up with Donghae is to be his bodyguard. She knows the best not to develop feeling for him, but that boy just had the weak for Jessica.

 

“I am just following ...” Donghae explained. Minjoong’s vigilant expression had told Donghae to zip his lips.

 

“You are suppose to keep the company up, not hanging around the gangster area.” Minjoong yelled at his son.

 

“But I...”

 

Slap.

 

His father’s hand painted his right face pink red. He stood there keeping his face as emotionless as possible. Men are suppose to be strong. His poker face hidden his scream and anger.  Donghae always felt he can not match up with his father’s expectation. His father never praised him and never discussed with him about anything. Donghae always admires Jessica to be able to win over his father’s trust without effort. Maybe that is why he is so attracted to her.

 

“Go home now.” Minjoong scolded him. Donghae nodded and looked at Jessica, who had her back facing him. Quietly, he exit the bar.

 

“Excuse him.” The old man changed his face like changing a mask. “Here. This is your share. You can buy some new thing.” He pulled out a bunch of hundreds from the stack.

 

Jessica snapped her fingers at the bartender ignored the man. “Same.” She shove the money in to the bartender’s small pocket. “Tips.” The bartender smiled with gratitude then quickly work on her order. Minjoong shot a ungrateful look to the bartender.

 

He turned back to Jessica and putted back on a fake smile. “Not enough?” His voice reached a high note. The drink slided next to Jessica and bumped into her elbow. Alcohol spilled over her hoodie. The bartender’s eye grew in fear. He quickly started to wipe the liquid with apologies hanging from his mouth.

 

A group of Minjoong’s men from the table behind walked up and grabbed the bartender by the collar. They slammed the poor guy’s head against the stone table. The guy whimpered in pain and kept apologizing. A man’s face crumbled in anger then he pulled out a knife.

 

“You don't need your dumb hands anymore. Interrupting the boss’s conversation is a death sentence.” One of them exclaimed. The rackless man raised the knife in the air. Light shine on the sharp edge of the metal as it flew towards the bartender's hand.

 

Ah!!! The scream filled the bar. The bartender waited to see blood, but nothing happened. Everything stopped when his eyes open again. Everyone was watching but no one dare to make a sound.

 

Jessica had one of their head pin on the table. The mouth of the gun pointed at the back of the rackless man’s head. The bartender looked into Jessica’s hollow eyes and he forgot how to breath.

 

“What is the next mission?” She asked with a steady voice. Minjoong fished out a paper from his pocket. Jessica took the paper and spinned the gun with her forefinger. She grabbed her book bag. With one smooth motion, she hid her favorite gun back in.

 

“S-Sica. They are your men.” Minjoong called her with a low voice.

 

“Then tell them don’t be so comfortable in front of me.” Jessica turned her head and stare into Minjoong’s eyes for the first time, “I might accidentally kill someone.” She then left the bar.

 

The bar filled with Minjoong’s low evil laughter. A man behind Minjoong realized his own shaking leg could no longer stand and felt on the floor. The sound of the loading bullet kept replaying in their head. She could kill all of them with one finger.

 

Such a beautiful monster he had raised.

 

 


 

 

Jessica sat on the edge of her window and below her is the busy street. She loves the view of the city from up high. It’s like watching a light show, so mysterious, so calm. That is the whole reason why she brought the apartment.

 

Jessica flipped open the white paper. Strong wind blew against the thin piece of paper, slapped the paper against her hand. She examined the two faces under the word "Mission". His name, Kim Heechul. Jessica chuckled. "Mission: assassinate Kim Heechul". She will save him for last. Beside her next target will come to find her soon. The wind hit the thin sheet and it flew into the night sky.

 

After all, she had killed that girl’s mother.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's note

Thank you for reading.

This is the very first chapter. I hope you like the characters.

This story is inspired by Der Märchenclub

 

It is a great story, but I am not trying to copy or imitate the masterpiece in anyway.

More to come, please look forward to it.

Have a lovely day.