Partner

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3dezFzsNss

Exo: Growl (Korean Version)

========================================

The weekend passed by surprisingly uneventfully, and it was time to return to school.

For the first day of senior year, Danji got up extra early. She washed and wore her blue-and-navy uniform. She buttoned up her sweater and slipped her gray blazer on. After eating a blueberry scone and drinking a glass of milk, she was prepared to go.

Danji took the new backpack that her grandfather had bought for her before he had passed away. She went out to the trail where Luhan was waiting for her. He gave her a good morning kiss and took her hand, “Ready to begin the last year of high school year?” “I hope so.” She said.

Luhan squeezed her hand comfortingly, “I’m sure you’ll do well. You’re smart.” Danji gave him a grateful smile.

They went to Malhwa High School together. This year, Minyoung was not waiting for Danji outside. They had mutually agreed to meet inside their new homeroom. They entered the school, and Danji looked around. Funny butterflies floated in her stomach. It felt strange thinking that this would be the last year she would be in this school.

Luhan lightly bumped his arm against hers, “Are you okay?” Danji smiled and nodded, “Yeah, I’m fine.”

They went to her locker first before dropping by his. At his locker, they met up with the rest of the pack.

“Mei-mei, you look freaking beautiful in your uniform.” Tao complimented.

“Thank you.” Danji chuckled.

“Picture time!” Lay took out his Polaroid camera.

Danji laughed, “You really brought that to school?!”

“I’m making a separate album for our senior year. I must record everything,” Lay pushed his cherry-flavored lollipop to one side of his mouth and held up the camera, “Now smile!”

Danji smiled shyly. Lay captured the moment and smiled in satisfaction, “Perfect.” He put the photo and camera away.

The seven of them went to their first period, which was history.

Their classmates were the same as last year’s. Everyone greeted each other and complimented the new changes.

Danji spotted Minyoung and ran over to greet her. They talked about their new homeroom teacher who was well-known for being strict and difficult. “Where’s Uishik?” Danji asked. At that precise moment, the entire classroom filled with gasps of wonder. Danji looked up and saw Uishik entering the classroom.

Everyone, including the guys, was staring at him as if he had sprouted a third head. They were both shocked and amazed by his makeover over the summer. He was almost unrecognizable.

Baffled, Uishik came over to Minyoung and Danji. “Is it just me, or…” He glanced around uneasily, “Is everyone looking at me?”

“Everyone is looking at you.” They confirmed with huge grins.

“Why?!” Uishik asked in bewilderment.

Danji and Minyoung exchanged looks. They knew the answer fully well. *Because you’ve drastically gone from a nerd bookwork to a hot guy.*

“This is awkward.” Uishik rubbed the back of his neck.

Danji patted his shoulder, “Don’t worry about what other people say or do. Just be you.” He smiled at the advice.

“Oh, wait…are you planning to sit next to Minyoung?” Uishik asked.

Danji quickly stepped out of the way, “No, you are free to take the spot.”

Uishik’s grin broadened and he sat next to Minyoung who blushed with pleasure.

Good luck, you two. I can already see hearts floating all around you guys. Danji giggled. She headed to the back where Luhan was sitting. Someone blocked her path though.

“Well, if it isn’t Bony.” Jonghoon sneered.

Danji looked up at him. He looked exactly the same, but this year, he had pierced his ears to appear more “badass”. The influence had mostly likely come from Exo-M.

“You’re appearing more gaunt than usual. I thought summertime was one of changes. Why haven’t you changed your heinous appearance at all?” Jonghoon mocked.

*And I can see you haven’t changed either.* Danji didn’t even want to respond to the rhetorical question. Shaking her head, she went to her desk.

Luhan straightened up, “Did that bastard do something to you?”

Danji sat down, “He said some unnecessary words.”

Luhan started to rose, “That punk-“

Danji put a hand on his leg, “But don’t heed anything he does. If you keep giving him attention, he’ll keep fighting back. That’s what a bully does. You just have to leave him alone. He doesn’t really bother me anymore anyways. I learned to ignore him.”

Luhan reluctantly sat back down, “Fine. But let me know if he irks you. I’ll turn into a wolf and give him the biggest fright of his life.”

Danji chuckled, “I’ll remember that.”

“Oh my gosh! Who is that?” A girl squealed.

Are they talking about Uishik again? Danji wondered. She looked to the door, and her eyes almost popped out. She hoped she was imagining things because if that really was Kai entering the classroom, she was in BIG trouble.

The rest of Exo-K streamed in behind him.

Danji noticed Kai’s hair had changed over the weekend. He had darkened his hair a bit so that he blended in with the other students. His new hair color seemed to be a cross between sandy brown and dirty blonde. It was unique, and she had to admit, he still looked nice. His efforts to blend in with the normal humans seemed to have gone to waste because all attention had shifted from Uishik to Kai as soon as he had entered the room.

Girls fawned at the new classmates. They could not believe their luck. Their last senior year would be full of twelve good-looking males, and apparently, eleven of them were single.

Exo-M bristled. They were enraged.

“How dare they come to our school!” Tao slammed his fist on the desk.

“Calm down.” Kris muttered. He was equally pissed though. Exo-K seemed to be invading every aspect of their lives. He looked at Luhan to check if he was taking this well. Obviously, he was not.

Luhan’s eyes were turning an icy blue, and his fists were clenched tightly. He really, really wanted to turn into a wolf and challenge Kai right there.

“Hey, Luhan, did you get new contacts?” A girl blurted with a curious expression.

Danji looked at Luhan’s eyes and noticed the change color. *No, Luhan! You can’t do that here!* She grew alarmed. “Um, yeah, he did. He should take them out now though.” Danji meekly smiled.

The girl shrugged and turned her attention back to the newcomers.

“Luhan!” Danji hissed. He turned to look at her. “Your eyes!” She whispered frantically, “Change them back! You can’t have blue eyes here!”

Luhan closed his eyes and exhaled. When he opened his eyes, they were brown again.

Danji put her hand on top of his. “Please don’t lose your temper here.” She pleaded.

Luhan searched her worried face. He sighed, “I’ll try.” She squeezed his hand appreciatively.

Exo-K sat at the row beside Exo-M. The wolves stared each other down. Kai, who was sitting near Danji, smirked with a seductive wink, “Good morning, Danji.” The way he said her name seemed so intimate.

Luhan growled and possessively wrapped his arm around her. *She’s MINE! Back off!*

A smack of a ruler on the podium made everyone turn their attention forward.

“Oh, no. It’s Teacher Song.” Minyoung mumbled.

Teacher Song was the strictest teacher at Malhwa High School. Being from Busan, she had a tough backbone and did not let any of her students trample over her. She was defin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter