Understanding

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExHl7Xozsmk

Yoon Mirae: Touch Love

===================================

The next day, Luhan escorted Danji to Kai’s house again.

Kai was waiting for her outside. Luhan tightened his grip on Danji’s hand. He did not want to let her go to Kai.

It took every fiber in his being to not pick up Danji and whisk her away.

*It’s always so hard to send her away.* Luhan swallowed hard.

Kai approached them with his hands in his pockets. “How nice of you keep escorting her when I could simply pick her up.”

Luhan glowered at him. His entire body had stiffened, and his jaw remained set.

“Be nice, Kai,” Danji chided. He shrugged, “Just saying the truth, love.”

Danji gave him a look before turning to Luhan. Her expression softened. “I’ll see you tonight. Have fun at the lake with the others.” She smiled. He softened and reached out to her hair. *How can I have fun when you’re not with me? If anything, I’ll be in hell, wondering what you’re doing with another wolf out here by yourself.*

“Come on. Let’s not waste any more time.” Kai grabbed Danji’s hand and yanked her away.

“Hey! Watch it!” She yelped.

Danji looked back to see Luhan standing there with a stunned expression. He had not expected Kai to drag her away so suddenly. Danji sadly pouted and waved. *Goodbye, Luhan.*

The door slammed shut, clearly excluding Luhan out. His shoulders deflated as he sighed wearily. *I’ll be back. You better not do anything bad to her.* Luhan shot the house a disapproving look before leaving.

Danji broke free from Kai and ran over to the window. By the time she looked out, Luhan was gone. Her shoulders fell. *He left already.*

“What a tearful goodbye.” Kai said, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

Danji gave him a look. “You could have given us a warning. We weren’t done saying goodbye.”

“What difference would it have made?” Kai shrugged. *I’m pretty sure he’ll never be ready to say goodbye to you, just like I am.* “Let’s go.” He led the way towards the bedrooms.

Danji sighed and followed him. The house was very quiet. The kitchen was clean and empty.

There was no sight of cooking D.O. or adorable Sehun anywhere.

“Where are the others?” Danji asked.

“They’re all sleeping, except for Suho hyung. He went for a jog.” Kai answered.

The two of them went into his room. The project was already laid out on the floor, and the liver had already been fully made.

“You worked on it.” Danji whispered in awe.

Kai shrugged, “I had nothing better to do.”

“I feel bad now.” She frowned. “Then give me a kiss.” He stuck out his lips.

Danji raised an eyebrow. “Never mind. I take that back.” She put her bag down and sat next to the project.

Kai watched her, and a soft smile formed on his face. *I would have done the entire thing for you, but if I did, you would not have a reason to come to me anymore. I didn’t want that. I wanted to be with you as much as possible.*

“You make one kidney, and I’ll make the other.” Danji said. Kai sat next to her and took the ball of clay. “Deal.”

The two of them worked on the project for the remainder of the afternoon. They bantered playfully and smudged clay on each other’s cheeks once in a while.

“You need a mustache.” Kai reached out to make a clay mustache for her.

“Don’t you dare!” Danji yelled and tried to crawl away.

Kai grabbed her ankle and easily dragged her towards him.

Danji landed flat on her stomach. Knowing it was useless to struggle, she just lay there with a flat expression. “I dislike you very much right now.”

Kai chuckled as he smeared clay over her forehead. “Now you have a unibrow.”

“That is highly unattractive,” Danji mumbled.

“Not to me. You’re always attractive to me, Danji.” Kai meant it.

She peeked up at him. His smile grew.

Danji quickly averted her gaze. She didn’t want him to get any ideas that she was just a teensy bit attracted to him, too.

The door flung open.

Kai looked up and scowled. “There is something called knocking. You should try it some time.”

“Maybe later.” Sehun crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway. “You two are so freaking loud. Do you know that?”

“That’s why we got a room,” Kai retorted.

Sehun ignored the comment and looked down at Danji. His eyes narrowed. “What happened to you? You look highly unattractive right now.”

“See?” Danji mumbled miserably.

“Shut up, Sehun. You know nothing about what attractive is,” Kai snapped.

“I do know that is someone without clay all over their faces,” Sehun replied.

“God, if you’re going to be a smartass, just leave, all right?” Kai rolled his eyes.

“I am going to leave, not because I’m a smartass, but because I have other important things to do,” Sehun scoffed. He spun around and walked away.

Danji sat up. “I can see he came back to his normal self."

“Unfortunately.” Kai added. She couldn’t help but laugh. His lips quirked up. *You have a beautiful laughter.*

Kai smiled warmly. He looked up at the clock on his wall. It was past lunch time.

“Come on. We can finish this after we eat something.”

Danji followed him. “Will D.O. be cooking today?”

“I highly doubt it. The jerk refuses to cook except during the full moon.” Kai swung open the door, and they entered the kitchen area. He opened the refrigerator door and peered into it. Kai scratched his head in frustration. “What the hell happened to all the leftovers from yesterday? They’re gone."

Danji peeked over his shoulder. There were still a lot of ingredients left. Someone just had to cook.

“Do you think D.O. would mind if I used his kitchen?” She asked. He glanced back at her. “No. But why?”

“Because I will cook something.” Danji tried to look for the frying pan. She found it hanging on a hook above and took it down. Kai raised an eyebrow. “You will?”

“Yes.” She nodded. He watched as she tied the apron around her waist.

Danji took out everything she needed to make omelet fried rice.

Kai stood by quietly and watched her every moment. Every little thing she did made his heart beat fast. He could not believe she was standing in his kitchen cooking for him. For a moment, he just pretended this was something they did regularly. He pretended that Luhan did not exist, and he had finally captured his mate. My life would be perfect then, Kai thought.

“I smell something good- oh! Ji-Ji!” Baekhyun darted into the kitchen. His eyes bulged out. “You’re cooking for us?!”

Chanyeol came over, too, and looked over her head to see what she was making.

“Yes,” Danji replied.

Baekhyun looked suspicious. “You didn’t put poison in it, did you?”

“I don’t play with food.” She rolled her eyes.

Baekhyun leaned back and whispered to Chanyeol, “I think this is a trick. Exo-M ordered for her to cook for us so that she can slip some laxative pills into our food.”

“Don’t eat it then.” Danji shot him a look.

“I never said I wouldn’t! Sheesh!” Baekhyun backed away. Laughing, Chanyeol followed him.

Danji finished making the omelets and set the table. “Can you call the others to come?” Danji asked.

Chanyeol saluted and left. A moment later, he returned with D.O., Suho, and Sehun.

“Hi, Danji.” Suho smiled warmly. “Hello.” She smiled back.

“You made food for us. How thoughtful of you.” He beamed.

“Yeah, since she is the guest, somebody else should have cooked for us.” Kai threw D.O. a pointed look.

“What? You all have hands. Besid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter