Prince

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JXw41EQiTw

Park Bo Young: My Prince

=====================================

July came to an end, and it was now August. In one month, senior year would begin.

Danji felt ambivalent about the new school year. Usually, she did not care about going to school again. She felt as if it was a returning routine, and she neither gladly welcomed it nor begrudgingly hated it. But a lot of things had happened in her junior year.

For almost two months, Danji had not been able to attend school. Lucky for her, Uishik had tutored her, and Teacher Han had been kind enough to be lenient on her.

On top of last year’s trauma, this was her last year of high school. She still could not believe she would become a legal adult soon. She would be going to college. A whole new road would be opened up to her, and she would have free reign of the decisions now.

Danji hoped her senior year would be a memorable one. Not only did she want to get closer to the wolves, but she also wanted to spend more time with her best friends Kim Minyoung and Kang Uishik. They were humans who had no idea about the fantasy world.

Danji planned to keep it that way. No need getting them involved into such complex matters.

Sometimes, she thought, ignorance was bliss.

It was a peaceful Friday. After spending most of the day at Minyoung’s house, Danji came back to her upscale cabin. She changed out of her sundress and into something more comfortable. Danji had just gone in the kitchen to look for something to eat when there was a loud knock on her door. She straightened up and blinked, wondering who was paying her a visit in the middle of the night.

“Who is it?” Danji looked into the monitor. She saw Tao peering into the lens with one eye. She jumped, startled, “Oh my gosh!” Danji swung open the door, “Tao-“

“SURPRISE!” Exo-M grinned at her.

She blinked, “Surprise?”

“We didn’t see you all day, so we decided to come see you.” Tao beamed.

“May we come in?” Lay asked politely.

“We brought pizza!” Tao exclaimed. “And cake.” Xiumin held up the box with a grin.

Laughing, Danji stepped aside to let them through, “Come in, and make yourselves at home.”

The wolves piled in one by one. Luhan was the last one to come in. He pecked her lips before entering.

“The door knows your fingerprint, too. You could have just come in.” Danji stated.

“I didn’t want to invade your privacy. Well, I did, but I didn’t want them to.” Luhan jabbed his thumb towards the noisy crowd.

Danji giggled and kissed his cheek, “Thanks for being respectful.” She shut the door and walked into the living room. It had suddenly turned into a party zone.

“Do you have cups, baobei?” Lay asked.

Luhan gave him a firm look. “Yixing.” He called in warning.

“I’m sorry. I keep forgetting.” Lay slapped his forehead.

Danji chuckled as she handed him a pack of paper cups, “It’s fine, ge. Don’t mind Luhan. He’s just jealous.”

Luhan rolled his eyes dramatically. Lay winked with a grin. He took the cups and went back.

“I’m not jealous!” Luhan hissed from the corner of the kitchen.

“Okay. Whatever.” Danji rolled her eyes and strutted towards the living room.

He trailed after her, “Really! I’m not!” “Yeah, yeah, I got it.” She waved the matter away.

Luhan grasped her wrist and lightly bit into her hand. Danji lightly whacked his chest, “Are you a wolf or a vampire?!”

Tao gasped out loud, “How did you know vampires exist?!”

Danji froze and gaped at him, “W-what do you mean? Vampires are real?!”

Tao nodded eagerly with wide, serious eyes, “They’re even more fearsome than us. I swear they’re invincible. I almost got bitten, too. Right, ge?” He elbowed Xiumin who weakly murmured, “Uh, yeah, sure.” Chen shook his head.

“W-what do vampires look like?” Danji asked, - no pun intended- it all in.

“They’re absolutely terrifying. Their fangs are longer than our teeth! They’re so sharp that they can puncture your skin as if it was a marshmallow! And their skins are a nasty gray color while their eyes are blood red.” Tao pulled down the skins under his eyes.

Danji shuddered. That did sound terrifying.

“W-what happens when a vampire bites you? Do you really…turn into one of them?” She started to shake.

Tao got up and strode towards her. He grabbed the tops of her arms suddenly, and she gasped. “Of course! And the change is excruciatingly painful! They grab you like this then plunge right in like a viper snake. BAM!” Tao leaned towards her with a hiss.

Danji yelped and spun around. She jumped into Luhan’s comforting embrace. He rolled his eyes, “Now you come to me.”

Tao bent his fingers so that they looked like claws and stalked towards her, “I’m a vampire, and I’m gonna getcha-“

Luhan lifted his leg and kicked him in the stomach.

“OOF!” Tao went sprawling backwards. Luckily, he landed on the couch, so he wasn’t hurt badly.

“Are there really things as v-vampires?” Danji asked, scared.

“No, gongzhu.” Luhan comforted.

She pulled away and searched his eyes for the truth, “R-really? You promise?” He smiled and nodded.

“Relax, Danji. Tao was just joking. There are no such things as vampires, or we would have known by now.” Kris confirmed.

“I can’t believe you actually fell for that. How gullible you are.” Chen shook his head.

Tao doubled over with laughter, “You should have seen your face! You were turning as white as your walls!”

Danji pouted, “You’re mean, Tao!” *Finally! She hates him!* Luhan thought gleefully.

“Sorry, mei-mei.” Tao grinned with a wink and went to his seat beside Kris. Luhan squeezed her hand and took a seat on the armchair. Danji crossed her arms with a frown. She was still miffed about the vampire prank.

“Come sit, Danji.” Kris motioned. Her frown just deepened.

“Here. You want me to get him back?” Kris grabbed a cushion and swung it into Tao’s face. He fell back and coughed at the hard blow. “Better?” Kris asked.

Danji felt her lips twitch upwards, “A bit.” She surrendered and came forward. Luhan reached out and pulled her down onto his lap. They each took a slice of the pizza and ate with the TV on. No one paid much attention to the gag concert. Everyone was too busy chatting and laughing.

After pizza, Xiumin took the cake out of the box, and everybody enjoyed the sweet chiffon cake.

“I’m so full.” Tao

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter