Birthday

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOc-mvetqE0

ZE:A : Begin With Kiss

======================================

August started to come to an end. The last day of August was special because it happened to be Danji’s birthday. She would be eighteen this year, and Exo-M was eager to make it a memorable birthday.

On the morning of her birthday, Danji woke up to a soft, chaste kiss on her lips.

Her eyes slowly peeled open, and she was face-to-face with Luhan.

“Happy birthday, gongzhu.” He murmured with a sweet smile.

*Oh yeah. I’m turning eighteen today.* “Thank you.” She croaked softly.

“Aww, you’re so adorable when you’re sleepy.” Luhan kissed her again.

“No, no,” Danji turned away, hugged the spare pillow, and mumbled, “I have morning breath. And eye boogers.”

“But you’re still beautiful.” Luhan leaned over and kissed her cheek. She couldn’t help but smile.

“Aren’t you going to get up?” He whispered in her ear.

“What time is it?” Danji asked. “Time for you to wake up.” Luhan chuckled into her hair.

“Well, since I’m the birthday girl, I can do whatever I want. I want to sleep in for thirty more minutes.” Danji stated.

“Thirty?” Luhan pondered the idea and then nodded slowly, “Okay. Thirty more minutes then. Promise me.” He held out his pinky. Eyes still closed, Danji held up her pinky. Luhan chuckled as he hooked their pinkies together and kissed her thumb to seal the deal. He slipped his arms tightly around her waist and snuggled closely against her.

Danji felt like she had only been asleep for five minutes when Luhan suddenly shook her. “Thirty minutes is over. You must get up.”

“Ten more minutes.” She buried her face in the pillow. “Ah, when has my princess become so lazy?” He teased.

Danji squirmed as Luhan began to tickle her. She finally burst into laughter. “Luhan!” He stopped tickling her and kissed the back of her head, “Come on, Danji. You have a long day ahead of you.”

Danji rolled onto her back and blinked at him. “What am I doing today?”

Luhan smiled mysteriously, “You’ll see in time. But first get showered and dressed. Then come out, and you’ll meet your to take you to Seoul.”

Danji sat up and blinked at him, “Seoul? Wait. You’re not coming with me?”

Luhan got up and tenderly kissed her forehead, “As much as I would love to spend the entire day with you, I’m planning something else for tonight.”

“Tonight?” Danji tilted her head.

“You’ll find out soon enough.” Luhan promised. “I’ll be going now. So wash, dress, and go out. Have fun, and I’ll see you later.” He kissed her one more time and hopped out of her window.

*Hmmm. I wonder what he’s planning.* Danji imagined all sorts of scenarios as she closed the window. She looked up at the sky.

The weather was perfect. The sun was out, and there was not a cloud in the blue, idyllic sky. She smiled in excitement. It was going to be the best, most thrilling birthday she would ever have.

Danji prepared for the day, and in an hour, she was ready to go. She wondered who was supposed to take her to Seoul. Kris? Lay? Danji stepped out of the house and was confronted by today’s . *I should have known it was him.* She smiled amiably, “Hi, Tao.”

Tao was dressed especially nicely today. He had even worn a blazer for the special occasion. He smiled sweetly, “Happy birthday, mei-mei.”

“Thank you.” Danji chuckled.

“These are for you.” Tao held out a lovely bouquet of flowers.

“Awww, you’re so sweet. Thank you.” She gratefully accepted the flowers and smelled the sweet aroma. “Let me just go put them in a vase, so they don’t wither.” Danji went back to her house, found a vase, and put the flowers in there along with enough water. She came back out, and Tao held out his elbow, “Ready to go?”

Danji grasped his arm, “Ready as I’ll ever be!” They went towards the bus stop.

“By the way, how did you convince Luhan to let you take me out? I thought he would send Kris oppa or Lay. Or even Xiumin and Chen.” Danji stated. “I promised to be a good boy.” Tao grinned.

She raised an eyebrow. She didn’t believe that Luhan had been so easily convinced. He rolled his eyes, “Okay, okay, the truth is, they sent me here because I would be no help if I stayed. They were pretty damn sure I would ruin everything. Jerks.”

Danji laughed, “Okay, now that’s believable.”

Tao feigned hurt and put a hand over his chest, “That wound my heart, mei-mei.”

“You’ll live.” She chuckled. He stuck out his tongue out but quickly grinned after.

The bus came, and they played silly “I spy” games until they finally arrived in Seoul. Danji had not been here since junior year field trip. The city seemed to change every time she came here.

“Where should we go?” Danji asked. “Wherever you want to go, mei-mei. Today is your day. I was ordered to follow your every wish.” Tao even bowed a little as he said such mannerly words.

“You’re like my personal genie.” Danji chuckled. “You know it,” Tao winked, “So, where to?”

Danji tapped her bottom lip in thought. She finally decided to go to Myungdong first. They went to different shops and looked at various pretty things.

“This would look pretty on you, mei-mei.” Tao held up a pink chiffon blouse. Danji glanced at the price. She thought it was way too pricey for a simple top. “I already have a blouse.” She said. “It doesn’t hurt to have another one. You can match it with this white mini skirt, too.” He took a skirt from the rack and held it beneath the blouse.

Danji uneasily shook her head, “Um, maybe next time-“

“Wow! Those two look great together! It’s a nice match!” The salesperson approved wholeheartedly.

Tao smiled, “It is, huh?” Danji meekly smiled, “I, er, didn’t bring enough money to buy both of them-“

“Don’t worry. It’s my treat,” Tao handed the outfit to the salesperson, “Please pack this nicely.”

“Tao!” Danji gasped.

“Yes!” The salesperson gleefully took the outfit and headed to the counter.

“Tao, you didn’t have to do that.” Danji frowned.

“I want to, mei-mei.” Tao assured as he went to the register to pay.

“Your boyfriend is so sweet. He has a good sense of style also.” The salesperson beamed.

Danji blinked in surprise. *Boyfriend? Tao?* “Oh, no, he’s not-“

Tao put his arms around her and squeezed her almost to death, “I love my beautiful girlfriend. I want to do everything for her.”

“T-Tao…can’t…breathe…” She choked.

“That’s so sweet!” The salesperson squealed.

After Tao paid, she held out the bag, “I wish happiness for the both of you!”

“Thank you!” Tao took the bag, grabbed Danji’s hand, and left the store.

Danji gave him a look, “If Luhan finds out about this, you’re dead, you know that, right?”

“He won’t know if you don’t tell him.” Tao put a finger to his lips and winked.

Danji shook her head with an amused chuckle. They went to another popular part of the city and shopped some more. They took sticker photos and went to the Hello Kitty Café. The day passed by quickly, and the time came for them to go back to Malhwa.

“What are the other wolves preparing for me?” Danji asked, full of curiosity. “A birthday party, of course.” Tao stated.

“I know that, but what kind of party? What are we doing? What are we eating? Are we going to your house? Or are we staying at my house? Who else is coming? Is it just the pack and me?” Danji threw question after question at him.

Tao laughed, “Breathe, mei-mei.”

She exhaled. He patted her knee, “Don’t worry about everything. Just know that you’re going to have so much fun tonight.”

Yeah, but kind of fun? Danji wondered.

-------------------------------------------------------

Danji and Tao arrived in Malhwa. He led the way to the party location, and one of her questions had been answered. Her birthday party would be at the wolves’ home. They entered the cabin, and she was greeted by Lay.

“SHENG RI KUAI LE, BAOBEI!” He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter