Return

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdh3WGcMSU

Taeyeon: And One

===========================================================

On Sunday, the day that Luhan was scheduled to come back, Danji got up bright and early. She was excited for his arrival. She was also looking forward to reuniting with the rest of Exo-M. She missed Chen’s sarcasm, Tao’s clinginess, Lay’s tendency to take photos, Xiumin’s smile, and Kris’s brotherliness.

Danji took a shower, wore her newest clothes, and even curled her hair.

Kai leaned against the doorway of her bedroom as he bit into an apple. “Look at you. I wonder who you’re styling yourself for.” There was sarcasm at the edge of his voice.

Danji got up with bright, animated eyes. “He’s coming back today, Kai! Luhan will be back today!” She swept past him.

*Joy.* Kai rolled his eyes. He pushed himself off the doorway and followed her to the front door.

Humming a happy tune, Danji slipped into the shoes that Chanyeol had bought her.

Kai raised an eyebrow. *She’s wearing clothes that Exo-K bought for her, but she’s going out to greet Exo-M. How ironic is that?* “Where are you going?”

“To wait for Luhan at the hill where we said goodbye.” Danji replied.

Kai checked his watch. “This early? I don’t think he’ll be coming right now.”

Danji shrugged. “It doesn’t hurt to wait.” *I’ll wait as long as I can if I could just see him.* She left the house.

Kai sighed. A part of him didn’t want to see the happy reunion between Luhan and his mate. But he couldn’t bear to let her go alone.

Danji ran all the way to the hill without stopping. Breathless, she arrived at the scene. Smiling, she stretched on her tippy toes and looked over the view. She could not see any of the wolves yet. Kai came next to her and followed her gaze. “They’re not there.”

“I know,” Danji sighed.

“Are you going to go back?” He asked.

“No, I’ll just wait here.” She sat on the grass.

*You make life so complicated. You should make him come to you, just like how you make me do that.* With a heavy sigh, Kai sat next to her.

They waited for a long time. Hour after hour passed. Still, there was no sign of Luhan anywhere.

Danji frowned as she squinted her eyes and peered ahead of her. *They should be coming soon, shouldn’t they?*

“Aren’t you hungry? It’s about lunchtime now,” Kai stated.

Danji shook her head. “I’m fine.” She looked back at him. “Are you hungry?”

He sat up. “Hell yeah.”

“Then go to my house. I know you’ll be able to get in somehow, although I don’t know how. There are leftover things to make a sandwich.” Danji looked back down the hill, as if Luhan could appear any moment now.

Kai lay back down with a sulk. “Forget it. I’m not leaving you.”

“You’re so persistent,” She commented. He shot her a heated look. *I should say the same about you.*

They waited some more. Kai was going nuts. He marveled at Danji’s patience. How could she just sit there and wait for someone to come when she had no idea what time he would actually be here?! I guess that’s love, he softened.

Kai got up. Danji blinked up at him. “Leaving?”

“Yes.” He walked away.

*I guess I bored him. I’m sorry, Kai, but I can’t afford to go. I want to see Luhan so badly. I want to be here when he comes back to Malhwa.* Danji hugged her knees to her chest and watched the pathway where he would be appearing from. *Where is he? He should be here by now, right?* She rested her chin on top of her knees and sighed softly.

Kai’s sudden appearance made her jump. Her eyes widened. “What are you doing?! I thought you left!”

“I didn’t say I wouldn’t come back though.” Kai opened a box of pizza. The mouthwatering aroma of sausage and cheese made her stomach growl. Now she realized how hungry she had been. “Let’s not starve ourselves to death while we wait for dear Mr. Luhan to show up, okay?” He handed her a slice of pizza and gave her a napkin as well.

Danji softened. A touched smile appeared on her face. “Thanks, Kai.”

“Yeah, whatever.” He took a big, voracious bite of his pizza.

Danji smiled and happily nibbled on her food.

The sun started to drop in the sky. The temperature dropped a bit.

Danji wrapped her arms around herself. Where was Luhan? Why hadn’t he shown up yet?

“It’s getting late,” Kai stated.

“I know,” Danji said.

“Luhan isn’t here yet.” He pointed out.

“I know.” She whispered again.

Kai decided to take the initiative, or she would never budge. “Come on.” He took off his jacket, put it over her shoulders, and helped her up. “We’ll wait at your house.” Kai took her hand and led her away.

Danji looked back with a disappointed expression. *Luhan, where are you?*

---------------------------------

Danji paced around. She looked at the clock. It was already 11:30, and still, there was no sign of Luhan. *Today is Sunday, right? Luhan told me he would be back by today. So why isn’t he here yet? Did he run into some trouble?* Her heart lurched at the thought of something happening to him.

“Sit down, Danji. You’ll collapse if you keep walking back and forth like that. Not to mention, you’re making me dizzy.” Kai rubbed his forehead.

“You don’t think something happened to him, do you?!” Danji blurted. Kai looked at her.

“What if the bears got him? What if he’s hurt? What if he’s…” Dead. Her hands automatically curled into fists. She shook her head fervently to drown out the dark theory.

Kai stood up and put a hand on his shoulder. “You know Luhan better than I do. You know what he’s capable of. I mean, come on, he’s the prince. He has supernatural powers, doesn’t he?” *Yes, he has healing, which means he can heal himself, right?* Danji sighed in relief. “Don’t worry. I’m sure he’s fine. He’s probably on his way.” Kai squeezed her shoulder. She nodded appreciatively.

“I won’t be staying the night tonight. I’m going to check out a few things. But I’ll make sure Baekhyun and Chanyeol are circling your house every two hours. So don’t worry, and get some sleep. Dark circles don’t suit my mate.” He gave her a small smile and headed to the door.

*He’s right. I need some rest.* Danji washed, changed into her pajamas, and lay in bed. Her mind was still awake though, and it would not shut down. Why was Luhan not here? It was not like him to break his promise.

Something must have happened to him. That’s the only explanation. That- stop, she chastised her mind. She had to stop being so pessimistic.

Danji placed a hand over her thumping chest and exhaled a few times. *Kai is right. Luhan is fine. He’s on his way. He’ll be here soon. He will.* She closed her eyes and fell into a restless sleep.

---------------------------------------

Contrary to what Danji made herself belief, Luhan had not come back.

Monday passed.

Tuesday passed.

Wednesday passed.

It was now Thursday, and Danji was dying with worry. She had not been able to sleep properly for the past few

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter