Journey

The Girl and The Wolf II: Love Mate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCFBOQdc0Hk

Exo-M: Don't Go

=======================================

The new year approached, and school was about to begin.

The Thursday before school began, Danji had a sleepover at Minyoung’s. They spent most of Friday together and even met up with Uishik. Towards the evening, Danji said goodbye to her friends and headed home. She decided to drop by Exo-M. She had missed all of them in the past 24 hours.

Danji knocked on the door. No one came to the door. She even rang the doorbell, but no one answered.

*That’s funny. Did they go somewhere?* Danji pressed her hand against the machine.

The door allowed her inside at once. She headed into the silent cabin. It seemed as if no one was home.

Danji put her bag down and headed towards the bedrooms. The doors were all open, and not one wolf was home. She stopped to ponder where they could have gone. Her ears picked up on voices outside. Danji headed to the glass door and looked out to the backyard. The wolves were all there, and they seemed to be having an important discussion.

Smiling, Danji opened the door and let herself outside. She started to go down the steps.

“-leaving on Sunday. It’ll take a week at least to travel back and forth. We have to monitor the bears’ routines and watch when it would be the best time to take the Moonstone from them,” Kris explained.

Danji stopped in her tracks. Her mind whirled. Were they talking about obtaining the Moonstone?

“Are you guys going somewhere?” She blurted.

The wolves stopped talking and looked about. Surprise crossed their faces.

“Danji, you’re here.” Xiumin nervously glanced around.

Luhan got up from his seat and made his way over to her. He kissed her cheek and softly ran his fingers through her hair. “How was the sleepover? Did you have fun with Minyoung?”

“Don’t change the topic. I just heard you talking about the Moonstone. Are you…are you really going to get it?” Danji asked.

All was quiet.

“Are you?” She asked again.

Luhan seemed to contemplate whether he should tell or not. *In the end, I’ll have to tell her anyways. She’ll notice I’m gone.* He sighed and nodded. “Yes. I’m going to get the Moonstone.”

Her face turned white as a sheet of paper. “B-but I heard it was dangerous. You’ll have to face…other creatures. You might get hurt. Are you sure your safety is worth this Moonstone?”

Luhan carefully answered her question. “The Moonstone is an important artifact. Whoever has it holds ultimate power. It would be good if the wolf family obtained it. As the prince, it’s my duty to get the Moonstone.”

“You might get hurt though.” Danji said apprehensively. Her stomach churned with worry. This sounded like a dangerous mission.

“I’ll try my best to. Besides, the pack is going with me. I won’t be alone,” Luhan assured.

Danji looked at each of the wolves’ faces. She feared for their safety as well.

Luhan squeezed her hand. “I have to go, Danji. The bears should not keep the Moonstone. It’s dangerous in their hands. They could do some mass destruction, and in the end, they might be hurting you.”

Danji bit her lower lip. She did not like this idea at all, but she knew that the wolves knew better than her. She trusted their judgments. She had to.

“When will you be leaving?” Danji asked.

“On Sunday. And I’ll be back a week later.” Luhan held his breath.

“What about school?” She asked, even though she knew that was the last thing on his mind.

“The school staff will think we went away for family reasons,” Luhan explained.

*Sunday. That means I only have two more days to be with him before he leaves.* Danji looked at the ground.

“Hey, look at me.” Luhan cupped her chin and tilted her face upwards. He searched her alarmed eyes. “Everything is going to be fine. Trust me. Nothing bad will happen. We’ll come back as soon as we get hold of the Moonstone. I’ll come back to you as soon as I can,” Luhan promised.

Danji nodded. “I believe you.”

Luhan hugged her tightly. *That’s what I need at this moment.*

-----------------------------------------

Danji and Luhan spent as much time together as they could before he had to leave for his journey.

Everyone acted normally, but they could not ignore the thin layer of pressure in the air.

Danji cooked a delicious, hot meal for dinner. The wolves gratefully thanked her.

Lay and Xiumin offered to wash the plates, and Tao even helped Chen wipe the table. Luhan and Kris were in a deep discussion in Kris’s room.

Danji went to Luhan’s room and sat on the bed. She massaged her fingers with a perplexed expression. Her stomach was in knots. In less than 24 hours, she would be separated from Luhan. Ever since he had entered her life, they had never been split up for a long period of time.

The thought of being away from him made her antsy.

What was even more perplexing was that he was going off on a dangerous mission.

Danji suddenly could not breathe. She needed fresh air. Danji stepped out to the patio of Luhan’s room. She put her hand over her heart and took several deep breaths. She had to quell her own fears before Luhan could read her troubled expression. She didn’t want to worry him and add to his burden.

Come on. I’m Luhan’s mate. I can be as strong as him, Danji exhaled. She looked out at the night scenery. She had a big urge to cry, and she had no idea why.

Danji lowered her head and squeezed the ends of her fingers.

“What’s wrong?” A concerned voice whispered next to her ear.

She jerked her head up, and her eyes widened in surprise. “Luhan! I, um,” Danji suddenly grew very ashamed. “Nothing.” She rubbed her eyes. “I just had something in my eyes.”

Luhan grasped her arms and turned her to him. “Look at me.”

Danji was afraid to. He was very perceptive and would be able to see her anxiety.

“You’re worried about me,” Luhan whispered.

“I don’t want you to be hurt. If something happened to you…” Danji bit her quivering bottom lip.

“Nothing will. I promised you, remember? I’ll return to you in one piece. I promise,” Luhan sw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter