Knocks

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twenty-seven 

 Knocks

 

________________________________________

 

"Is that it?"

"I think so."

Kyungsoo turned to look at the stack of food piled high in the basket before turning to Kris. He wordlessly paid for the food before walking away with Tao and Lay. Luhan reached out to help Kyungsoo before shoving the bags into Chen and Xiumin's arms.

"You carry it." Luhan smiled. "Kyungsoo has to cook later."

"You're lucky I'm tired." Chen moaned. "And hungry."

"Is it still raining outside?" Xiumin sighed. "It's getting dark fast."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo nodded. "I think a storm's coming."

"Then we should hurry."

They followed after Kris, Tao and Lay who were waiting by the entry. The group silently walked back towards the house before Tao threw his hands up in the air. He turned to look at Kyungsoo before glaring.

"You smell like wet dog."

"No I don't." Kyungsoo frowned. "I haven't changed in a long time."

"It does smell like wet dog." Lay sniffed the air. "Are you sure it's not you?"

Kris leaned forwards to sniff Kyungsoo before shaking his head. "I don't think it's him."

"So there's an actual dog around here?" Chen narrowed his eyes. "I haven't seen anything?"

"Maybe it's just the rain." Luhan shrugged. "You know how some places smell like fish when it rains."

"Does that mean we have to take a shower?" Xiumin sighed. "That means Tao-"

"That means we're showering together!" Tao yelled. "Finally!"

Kris and Lay stared at each other before running away. Chen and Xiumin did the same while Tao chased after them. Luhan waited for Kyungsoo to catch up before walking ahead, ignoring the member's screams. They reached the gate when Kyungsoo noticed Luhan stiffen slightly as he surveyed the area.

"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked. "Do you see something?"

"Don't you feel that?" Luhan turned to Kyungsoo. "I feel like someone's staring at me."

Kyungsoo's eyes followed after Luhan's and shook his head after several minutes of inspection. "I don't smell or see anything." He turned to push Luhan ahead of him before walking through the gate. "Maybe you're just worried about the weather."

"Maybe."

"Besides." Kyungsoo smiled. "I would have sensed it by now."

"Are you sure?" Luhan smirked. "I think you lost your touch."

Before Kyungsoo could reply, Kris came over running with wide eyes. He reached out to grab them both before locking the gate shut. His eyes searched the area as he glanced up at them.

"Something's wrong." He murmured. "The house is completely dark and shut."

"What do you mean?" Luhan's eyes grew wide. "Where's Ga Eun?"

"I don't know."

Kyungsoo ran past Kris and the other members who were by the door. He reached out for the door handle and pushed on it until the door burst open. His eyes landed on an envelope and scattered pieces of paper on the floor. 

Luhan pushed past Kyungsoo before running towards the stairs calling out her name. The members searched the house while some decided to stand outside to guard the door and area.

"What is this?" Kyungsoo murmured as he reached out for the paper. He began to piece back together the photo before he stepped back in surprise. His eyes landed on Luhan who was at the top of the stairs with a piece of paper in his hands. "It's not true."

"They found us." Luhans' voice was hollow. "They finally found us."

••••••••••••

"Are we going back to the hotel?" Baekhyun wrapped his arms around Suho. "We should eat first."

"Not with the way you look right now." Suho nudged Baekhyun away. "You smell horrible."

"Like what?" Chanyeol called out. "Like wet dog?"

"Exactly."

"It's not our fault." Kai shrugged. "We are practically dogs."

"Fancy dogs." Sehun chuckled. "Extremely fancy dogs."

"If you say so." Suho shook his head. "But you need to make sure you're clean before eating."

"Whatever." Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "It's not like we need to."

"Hold on." Kai stopped in his tracks. "Didn't you say Ga Eun was nearby?"

Suho and the rest of the group stared at Kai who looked down at the ground. They turned back to their leader and waited to see his response before stepping away from them. Suho reached out to grab Kai's arm and smiled.

"Yeah." Suho nodded his head. "She's nearby."

"Can we go see?" Kai's eyes darkened. "I haven't got to see them."

"We can stop by. Besides I think they're already waiting."

"Waiting?"

"Yeah." Suho smiled. "I think they got my message already."

••••••••••••

"It's not real." Ga Eun murmured. "It's just a dream."

She opened her eyes to stare at the knife in her hands and at the letter on the bed. Covering her ears, Ga Eunkept rocking back and forth as the storm grew worse. More tears fell as she shook her head as she laid down on the bed.

"It's just one of my dreams." She whispered. "Nothing's going to happen."

She jumped up when she heard a knock on the doors downstairs. Ga Eun silently screamed as she dashed into the closet, all while holding the knife in her hands. Her hands shook as the knocks grew louder along with taps made on the windows.

"Save me please." Ga Eun gasped. "Help me."

"Ga Eun!?"

Her breath caught as she heard her name being called. Images began to flood her head as she crawled deeper inside the closet. Her fingers trailed the scars over her face as she covered it.

"Ga Eun!?" Luhan yelled. "Where are you!?"

The door to the bedroom slammed open as Luhan burst into the room. His eyes landed on the messed up sheets and the letter that was on the bed. He turned back to the door when he noticed the closet door slightly ajar and he stepped forwards to open it.

Luhan crouched down and stared at her pale face and the tears that were running down her face. He looked to see the large knife in her trembling hands and he reached out to grab it.

"Ga Eun." Luhan swallowed. "Give me the knife."

"They're here." Ga Eun looked up at him. "I can't let them hurt me."

"Whose back? It was just a nightmare."

"No. It's not a nightmare. It's real."

Luhan crawled closer before she shook her head. He managed to snatch the knife out of her hands before pulling her out. Ga Eun wrapped her arms around his neck as she cried.

"There's a letter." She whispered. "They left a letter."

Luhan let go of her as he walked to the bed. She sat down on the floor and crawled into a tiny ball as he read it. Ga Eun could hear his breathing stop as he walked out of the bedroom door. The room began to grow blurry as she closed her eyes. 

"Luhan." She whispered. "Kyungsoo."

••••••••••••

"How?" Kyungsoo gasped. "How did they find us?"

"Where's Ga Eun?" Lay asked. "Is she fine?"

"She managed to fall asleep after some pills I gave her." Xiumin replied. "She's scared."

"What do we do now?" Chen sighed. "They're probably watching us now."

"We don't have much time." Tao glanced at Kris. "Do we?"

"No." Kris shook his head. "We ran out of time."

"This is all my fault." Luhan covered his face. "I was careless."

"No." Kyungsoo wiped away his tears. "I should have felt them coming. I'm one of them."

"They're going to hurt her." Luhan's eyes darkened. "They're going to take her away from me."

Luhan looked up at the stairs before glancing at his hands in his lap. He could feel the members' eyes on him but decided to ignore them. His mind was racing as he tried to come up with a solution. Luhan felt someone's hand on his shoulder and looked up to see Kyungsoo looking at him.

"Take her away and run." Kyungsoo's voice was empty. "Take Ga Eun away."

"And you?" Luhan looked up. "What about you?"

Kyungsoo smiled softly before turning towards the stairs. "I'll lead them away." He wiped away the last remaining tears as he glanced at Luhan. "I'll make sure they follow me."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

»Okay. So I have received some messages regarding the story. I made a blog post so please check it out regarding this story and Untamed. Remember to leave many comments as well! It lets me know that you guys are actually reading it! ^^