Tears

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter eight

 Tears

 

________________________________________

 

"What did I do?" Luhan asked.

"Nothing, that's exactly it." Ga Eun said.

"Are you guys fighting?" Chen asked, leaning closer.

She looked up to see the members staring at her, their eyes more focused on her face than their food. It was rare for them to fight which made their pointless argument about Luhan ignoring Ga Eun even more pointless. She snarled slightly before looking down at her bowl of food. D.O grabbed her hand and patted it gently, winking at her before he began to eat.

"No, why would we fight?" 

"Hey, I'm just worried for our Luhan. He can get a bit sensitive." Chen replied.

Luhan simply shrugged as he began to eat. "I appreciate your concern."

"Of course." 

"Is there anything you want to do?" Tao asked, desperate to change the mood.

"We should..." Ga Eun began before being cut off.

"I want ice cream." Lay smiled.

"I'm not buying." Kris crossed his arms.

Xiumin raised his hand slightly. "I can pay."

"Really?" D.O asked, his eyes wide.

"Yeah, if Ga Eun wants to go." 

"I do." 

"But I wanted some alone time." Luhan moaned.

"Alone time huh?" Lay cooed.

Luhan looked at Ga Eun before wincing, his face going red. She chuckled awkwardly and filled up , beginning to choke before D.O patted her back. She glared at Lay before smiling at D.O, her face red.

"Thank you." 

"No problem." D.O smiled before standing up.

"Where are you going?" Ga Eun asked.

"I'm just going to take a walk." 

"Want me to come with?" 

D.O turned to look at Luhan before shaking his head, his eyes soft and sad. He waved goodbye before he walked out the door, the soft click of the door breaking the silence.

"What did you do?" She turned to Luhan.

"Nothing. D.O just needs some time to himself." Luhan answered.

"So... are we getting ice cream or not?" Tao piped up. "Because I am hungry for dessert."

"Well Xiumin's paying." Lay replied.

"As long as it's not me." Kris said.

"Are you going?" Chen asked, looking at her.

"I'll meet you there." 

"Where are you going?" Xiumin asked, standing up as well.

"I just need to talk to D.O." 

Ga Eun looked towards Luhan who nodded. She waved goodbye at the others before running out the door. There was  a sick feeling in her stomach when she noticed the dark road, no signs of light anywhere.

". I should have brought a flashlight." 

She began to walk faster, wrapping her arms around herself as she stared at the road ahead. Ga Eun jumped up when she heard noises, making her heart beat faster.

"You shouldn't be out alone at night." D.O called out.

"Why are you out then?" She replied, jumping in shock.

"That's different. I can protect myself." 

"Is something wrong?" 

"No, should there be?" D.O asked.

"No, that's why I'm asking." Ga Eun frowned.

D.O shook his head and shrugged. "I've been thinking."

"About what?" 

"Life in general." 

"Sounds boring." 

"Sometimes but there's a good thing that comes out of it. I realized something important." D.O whispered, smiling.

"What?" Ga Eun's ears perked up. "What is it?"

"I'm going to go away. I think the reason you keep having nightmares is because of me. I remind you of them." 

Tears began to form as she struggled to speak, her head shaking back and forth as she looked at D.O. He leaned in closer and smiled, brushing back her tears as he pulled her towards a small playground.

"I think... if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts." D.O murmured. "That's what I keep thinking about. What is my kind of love?"

"Why? I want you to stay." Ga Eun begged. "I need you to stay."

"That's the problem. If they manage to find you, I won't be able to fight against them. I won't be able to protect you." D.O said.

"I don't need you to protect me, staying by my side is enough."

"What's the magic word then? If you want me to stay by your side."

"Stop that." She rolled her eyes. "That's not funny."

"If you don't say it, then I won't stay." D.O crossed his arms.

"I don't want to." 

"Hurry up." 

"Squishy D.O, please stay? Please?" Ga Eun cooed, poking his stomach.

"Fine, since you asked nicely." D.O laughed as he grabbed her.

Ga Eun rolled her eyes as she slid into his arms. He craned his neck to look at her, chuckling as she glared at him. She pushed him away and ran towards the swings, waiting for D.O to push her.

"Is it possible to love more than one person?" Ga Eun suddenly asked.

"I think so. I mean, I love you." D.O nodded, "But I think it is possible."

"But will I be able to love you back?" 

"You loved us at some point, right? It didn't end well but you felt something for us." D.O pointed out.

She nodded slightly as she shuddered at the memories that came back. The hugs, kisses and stares. The slaps, blood and pain. She looked up to see D.O looking at her, a worried expression on his face.

"What's wrong?" 

"Squishy D.O, I won't fall in love with you." Ga Eun shook her head. "I'll make sure I won't."

"Why?" 

"Because then you and Luhan will bother me all the time." 

D.O stared at her in wonder before his eyes flew open. She leaned in closer and kissed him softly on the lips, pulling back to stare at him. D.O wrapped his arms around her waist and waited, his eyes burning into hers.

"I can try. Like you said, you remind me of them but you're different." Ga Eun looked at him. "You're not a monster." 

••••••••••••

"Are you ready?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, is everything prepared?" Suho turned around.

"Yeah." Baekhyun answered.

"Where's Kai and Sehun?" 

"We're here!" Sehun called out, rushing over.

"We just checked in." Kai sighed.

"Don't worry, we'll find her soon." Suho said, a soft smile on his face.

"Everything will turn out okay. Right?" Baekhyun frowned.

"Yeah, I hope so." Suho replied.

They looked up to stare at the gate, their boarding passes in their hands. Suho began to walk, a smile on his face as he boarded the plane. He turned back to see the members following after him.

"We'll find her soon, I promise." He whispered, his eyes dark.

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» Please leave many comments! Pretty please?