Landing

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter nine

 Landing

 

________________________________________

 

"I don't have any money." D.O shook his head. "We should catch up with the others."

"You have no money?" Ga Eun asked. "Why?"

"Luhan doesn't trust me with it."

"Why? Did you do something wrong?"

"I spend it on food." D.O shrugged.

"I should have known." She chuckled. "I'll pay this time."

D.O nodded his head as he pulled her along, his nose high up in the air as they began to walk into town. She stared ahead, ignoring the sounds made by the forest. Ga Eun could hear a low rumble come from D.O's chest as he pulled her along faster, the lanterns flickering.

"Is something wrong?" She asked. "Do you hear something?"

"No." D.O shook his head as he stared down at he. He began to sniff the air as his hold on her grew tighter. She stepped closer to him as he wrapped his arm around her waist. "I just feel a bit uneasy."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

Ga Eun was out of breath as D.O pulled her inside the house, closing the door shut behind him as he slipped outside again. She walked to the window and noticed him pacing back and forth as he sniffed the air. She tapped on the window and frowned as D.O smiled her.

'What's wrong?' She mouthed.

'Nothing.' D.O mouthed back, waving slightly.

Ga Eun nodded as she walked towards the bedrooms. She slipped inside her room and grabbed her book before heading back to the living room. D.O was still outside the door, his back facing her as he played with the rocks on the floor. She chuckled as sheopened the door, the breeze brushing back her hair.

"Go back inside." D.O ordered, looked up. "It's getting cold."

"Why? Is anything wrong?"

"No, I guess the change of scene is a bit unnerving."

"I know what you mean." Ga Eun agreed.

"I'm sorry." D.O blurted out.

"What for?"

"We could have been home by now." D.O shrugged. "You would have been in your own house."

"I guess. But you don't know that for sure."

"I'm sure." D.O nodded.

"Maybe it's my fault." She sighed. "Maybe if we never met, we wouldn't be in this mess."

"Life would have been unbearable."

"No, life would have moved on like normal."

Ga Eun slid closer to D.O as the breeze began to hit her. D.O wrapped his arms tightly around her as he warmed her up. She sighed deeply as she stared at the water.

"You're like a warm blanket." She chuckled.

"A blanket?" D.O exclaimed as he looked at her. Ga Eun smiled and looked down at her book, the corners worn out from constant handling. D.O reached out and grabbed it, opening to where she left off. "I'll read it to you."

"Okay." 

"Do you miss Korea?"

"That's not in the book."

"Just answer me." D.O murmured.

"As long as you and Luhan are by my side." She shrugged. "That's home to me."

"Can I ask you something?"

"You already did."

"I don't want to play this game." D.O frowned

"Fine, go ahead."

"Do I have a chance?"

"A chance?" Ga Eun frowned. "A chance in what?"

"You know what I mean."

She looked at D.O before her eyes widened as she realized what he meant. D.O stared at her in wonder, watching as she tapped her chin in thought. He began to laugh as she covered her face, shaking her head.

"What?" D.O yelled as he began to tickle her. "Just answer the question!"

Ga Eun laughed as D.O began to chase after her, the sand hitting her back as she ran away. She managed to get away when she slipped inside the house, locking the door. D.O pouted as he sat in front of the door, his eyes wide.

'X or O' D.O mouthed, smiling.

She made a waving motion with her hand as she sat down in front of D.O. He looked at her in confusion as he began to copy her, his hand waving with hers. She heard him chuckle as he began to do the wave with his entire body.

'What does that mean?'

"It's a maybe!" Ga Eun yelled.

"Maybe!?" D.O yelled back.

"Yeah!"

D.O nodded his head in agreement and laid down on the floor, sinking his feet inside the sand. She slipped outside and laid down besides him, her toes playing with the sand.

"Stop snoring." D.O said. "You'll cause a tsunami."

"I hate you."

"Me too."

"Fine."

"Fine."

"Can I ask you something?" She suddenly asked, turning to look at D.O.

"You already have." D.O smirked, crossing his arms.

"Fine." Ga Eun rolled her eyes.

"What is it?"

"Do you miss them?"

D.O's breath hitched as he looked away. He sat up and stared at his hands, ignoring the tears that began to form. Ga Eun sat up and turned to face him, her eyes b with tears as well.

"Forget I asked."

"Sometimes."

"Will you ever go back?" She murmured.

"No." D.O shook his head. "I can never go back."

"Why?"

"I'll die."

"Die?"

"You can never go against the order's of the Alpha. It's not allowed." D.O chuckled. "I guess I ed up when I ran away."

"You can't leave then?" She asked.

"I can."

"What do you mean?"

"I might have to run away if the time comes." D.O turned to face her. "I'm not sure we'll be able to last."

"Last? Is there something you're hiding from me?"

"They're coming. They're looking for you."

"They won't be able to." She shook her head. "Luhan will make sure."

"Don't worry." D.O smiled. "I'll make sure to."

••••••••••••

"Why can't we stay here?" Sehun asked.

"It's nice here." Kai nodded. "It smells good too."

"I'm tired." Baekhyun complained.

"I'm hungry." Chanyeol patted his stomach as he sighed.

"Let's go to the hotel first." Suho agreed.

Suho grabbed his bag as he headed outside, pushing past several people as he struggled to find a cab. Chanyeol and Baekhyun managed to find one and slipped inside, quickly falling asleep. Kai and Sehun put away the suitcases and slid into the cab, closing their eyes. Suho made sure everyone was on before he entered the cab.

Within minutes they arrived at the hotel and went to their rooms. Suho watched as they fell back asleep, his eyes struggling to stay open. He left a note for the members and headed out the hotel, deciding to take a walk.

He wandered past the stalls and towards a nearby park. Suho sat down at the swings and stared at the children playing, his mind slowly wandering. He chuckled as they yelled, his eyes softening slightly. Suho looked up and noticed a girl walking, her long dark hair blowing slightly. He stood up and ran towards her, forcing her to turn around.

"I'm sorry." Suho bowed in apology as she walked away.

He smiled awkwardly before turning around, noticing several girls walking. Suho took a deep breath and headed back towards the hotel, his eyes heavy. He quickly slipped inside his room and into his bed.

"That's right." Suho murmured. "China is a big place."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» Please leave many comments and don't forget to UPVOTE!