Howling

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter thirty-three 

 Howling

 

________________________________________

 

"Don't make any sounds."

"How did they find us?" 

Tao stared at Xiumin with wide eyes as Kris paced back and forth in front of the door. His mind was racing as he tried to figure out whether or not the sounds were from real wolves or worse. EXO-K.

"I can't hear anything anymore." Lay whispered. "Nothing at all."

"I hear some rustling." Chen murmured. "The bushes are moving too much."

"It's definitely not the wind." Kris snapped. "Do you hear anything else?"

"No." Tao answered. "The wind is making hard to figure it out."

"How many of them were there?" Xiumin turned to Kyungsoo. "5 right?"

"Yeah." Kyungsoo nodded. "They're five in total."

"Who should we look out for?" Lay's voice suddenly changed. "Who's the strongest?"

"The youngest."

"Of course." Chen sighed. "It's always the youngest ones."

"So what's the game plan?" Tao began to stretch. "Who is going with who"

"We need to protect Kyungsoo at all costs." Xiumin turned to Kris who nodded. "You know we have to."

"Why me?" Kyungsoo argued. "I can fight too."

"It's not because you're weak." Kris smiled. "They're the ones chasing after you."

"And?"

Kyungsoo could tell Kris was hiding something but refused to do anything about it. He turned to face the window and concentrated as hard as he could to figure out where the members were. He knew there was something wrong with him ever since he left Korea. The way he struggled to hear things. The way his sight weakened slightly. Kyungsoo had grown weak. He wasn't as powerful as he used to be.

"Make sure that we have an escape route." Xiumin's voice grew urgent. "If we can't fight them off then we might need to run."

"That's for weak people." Tao pouted. "If this is the final battle then it should be the final one."

Chen smacked Tao in the back of the head. "Some of us actually want to survive."

" for you then."

Before Chen could say anything, there was a soft creak that was heard in the kitchen. Xiumin and Tao snapped their heads towards the sound and snarled softly under their breath. It was still something that amazed Kyungsoo whenever he saw the group transform. 

Their eyes glistened red under the light and large fangs slid out of their mouths. Their hands grew larger and sharper. They grew taller and stronger as their muscles teared their skin.  The black wings that sprung out of their backs. But what was most shocking were the horns that shot out of their skulls.

They were weaker than last time.

Kyungsoo could tell.

"Take Kyungsoo upstairs." Kris ordered. "Protect him at all costs."

Lay grabbed Kyungsoo's hard and ignored the hiss that escaped his lips. Kyungsoo looked down to see Lay's sharp nails dig into his skin and the blood that oozed from it. He could hear Kris and Chen transform as they moaned softly. It wasn't long before Lay turned to face Kyungsoo with red eyes.

"Are you scared?" Lay's smile made Kyungsoo shiver. "Do we look that evil?"

"N-No." Kyungsoo flinched as he stammered. "It's just something I'm not used to."

"I still think you look scarier." 

"Let's just agree to disagree."

Lay and Kyungsoo blinked in surprise as the lights to the house turned back on. They dashed to the stairs as screaming and growls were heard. Kris' moaned in pain as a familiar muzzle bit deeply into his arm. His eyes caught Kyungsoo staring at him and he waved to Lay to take him away.

Lay dug his nails back into Kyungsoo's body and forced him into a large room which faced the front yard. They could see several figures fighting on the lawn and the blood that didn't seem to stop. Kyungsoo whimpered in pain as Lay's nails held him back.

"We need to leave." 

"We can't just leave them here!"

Lay snarled under his breath as he pulled Kyungsoo to the back of the house. His eyes scanned the back and slammed his hand on the window. Shards of glass fell onto the ground just as they jumped out the window. 

Lay pushed Kyungsoo ahead of him when he noticed a wolf with black fur growling at them. Before he could even catch his breath, Kyungsoo was forced to run as Lay grabbed his arm.

"Run!" Lay screamed. "Just run."

Kyungsoo ran with all his might alongside Lay. He could hear the familiar thuds that chased after him. Kyungsoo didn't know who was chasing them but the familiar breathing and growls made the hair on his body stand up.

"Kai." Kyungsoo gasped. "It's Kai."

••••••••••••

Kris made sure Kyungsoo was upstairs before falling onto the ground. He could feel the muscles ripple underneath his clothes and he gasped in pain. It had been too long since they had changed. They were monsters built to kill but it wasn't something they wanted. They had decided to never hurt anyone unless they were attacked first. 

Unlike EXO-K who had trained for most of their lives and knew what they were capable of, EXO-M had learned how to fight but never made use of it.

They were weaker than their last battle.

Kris automatically knew that. 

"5 vs. 4" Kris muttered under his breath.

He looked up to see Chen follow suit and stood up once he had changed. Tao and Xiumin had moved closer to the kitchen before falling to the ground. They avoided the snapping teeth and kicked the two wolves who had attacked them. They circled each other for what seemed days before tackling their large frames out of the back door.

Tao stared at the white wolf whose eyes locked on his own. He circled him as he led him away from the house. Tao looked up to see a chocolate brown wolf circling Xiumin who wiped the blood that ran down his shoulder. 

The youngest. Tao realized. He's the strongest.

Tao angled his hand to better get a grip on the wolf before running towards it. He smiled in delight when his claws dug through it's fur and into his skin. The forest shook from his painful moans before he snapped at Tao's abdomen. He fell to the ground and held onto his stomach as blood dripped through the open wound.

"ing bastard."

The white wolf dashed to Tao when he noticed him distracted. His large teeth sunk deep into his leg before spinning him around and into a tree. Tao landed with a thud and he struggled to get up. His clenched his knuckles by his sides before running towards the white wolf. He dug his claws deep into his skin before stabbing him several times. 

He could feel the blood making his hands slippery and he bit into the wolf's neck. Blood gushed from the open wound and hit his face. Tao smirked as he saw the wolf's limp body fall onto the ground. He turned to see Xiumin standing with his back to the house and holding onto his chest. 

"Gege!" Tao screamed before running to help him.

He didn't make it far before his body was slammed onto the ground. He gasped in shock as the white wolf's yellow eyes pierced into his red ones. Before he could do anything, sharp teeth ripped his throat and he struggled to breathe. Tao turned to see the wolf limp away towards Xiumin. He struggled to get up but couldn't once he coughed up blood.

"Chen better make it out alive then." Tao chuckled. "That unlucky bastard."

••••••••••••

Who the is this? Xiumin gasped for air. Chocolate brown fur.

Xiumin was injured after he followed after Tao's stupid move. It didn't help that he wasn't as tall as Tao as he pushed the wolf out the door. He could feel the shocking pain as the warm blood escaped the bite wound on his shoulder. Xiumin ran towards the wolf and pinned him towards the ground with all his strength.

His claws grew longer as he stabbed the wolf and dug them deep into his skin. He avoided the wolf's snapping teeth as he kept stabbing. Xiumin was thrown towards the house and his head hit the wall with a loud thud. The ground seemed to move as he shook his head. He rolled away when the wolf threw his body where he used to be. Xiumin cried out when the chocolate wolf bit into his leg and slammed him back onto the ground.

He could feel the bones in his arm and shoulder crack from the impact and he crawled away. He stood up once he had enough room and limped backwards as the wolf trailed after him. A painful gasp escaped Xiumin's lips as he fixed the bones in his arm just enough so he could fight.

Xiumin wasn't an idiot unlike Tao who relied on his strength.

He knew that the wolf would keep attacking until he was injured. All Xiumin had to do was wait for the perfect chance to strike. He pretended to fall onto the ground and kept an eye on the wolf as he began to make his final bite. He watched as the wolf bolted towards him and he rolled away just before he could get hurt.

Xiumin brought his hands up just in time and his nails into it's chest. He swung his arm around and the wolf was thrown into a nearby tree. He sat up and winced in pain as his arm once again throbbed in pain. Xiumin stood up to help the others before he was pushed against the house. 

His eyes widened when the chocolate wolf sunk its teeth deep into his chest. Xiumin could hear his ribs shatter and pierce his lungs. He gasped out in pain and clutched his chest to stop the blood. His breathing grew weaker as he closed his eyes. The last thing he saw was the white teeth that glistened under the moonlight.

••••••••••••

Chen shook his head in frustration as Tao and Xiumin tackled the wolves in front of him. He turned to see Kris finish his transformation before slipping out the window. He landed in front of a wolf with reddish brown hair and he sighed in annoyance.

"Of course." Chen sighed. "I always fall into my own trap."

Chen screamed when the wolf threw itself at him. He was able to easily escape and landed on his back. He stood up when the wolf straightened and turned to face him. Chen's mind raced as he struggled to come up with a plan. Climbing a tree wasn't going to help much and running away was too cowardly. He knew he had to fight straight on but he couldn't come up with a decent plan. 

Chen stared at the wolf as he tried to find its weak spot. He ended up shrugging before striking head on. He managed to throw the wolf onto the ground before biting its throat. He missed by accident and fell back when the wolf used its body to throw him off. 

Chen stood up and waited for the wolf to attack him. He was pinned to the ground and tried adjusting his body to get a better angle to attack.

Chen whimpered in pain as the wolf's large teeth ripped through his body. He managed to push him away before piercing his body. Chen struggled to make room before he was tossed against the ground once again. 

He grew dizzy from the loss of blood but still managed to keep it together. He stood his ground just as the red wolf lunged at him. Chen tried to move away but it was too late. The wolf had managed to grab onto his leg and hold him down. Chen screamed and thrashed about but in the end gave up when he could feel his throat being ripped. Blood dripped from all over his body and he closed his eyes.

"Tao that ing bastard." Chen sobbed. "It hurts."

••••••••••••

Kris held back his tears as he heard the members crying out in pain. He could hear Tao and Xiumin fighting with all their might but knew it was useless. They had been ambushed and didn't make the proper preparations. He sobbed silently when he heard Chen's screams fill the air. Kris ran out the door before his eyes landed on someone standing on the other side of the yard.

"Where is she?"

"You honestly think I'm going to tell you?" Kris smirked. "After everything?"

"She's not here is she?" Suho rocked back and forth. "You tricked us."

"It wasn't that hard."

Suho's eyes flashed before he smiled. "All of your members are dead." Suho chuckled. "Well at least for 2."

Kris forced himself to remain still when he noticed a large black wolf run into the forest. He turned to see Suho walk closer with a smile on his face. The wolves began to move closer before blocking any chance of him escaping.

"Just tell us where she is and we won't hurt you or whoever is left."

"No."

Suho took a deep breath and shook his head. "You should think about them. Give them a chance to live."

"No." Kris smiled. "I don't think so."

"How long does it take for you and the others to heal?" Suho glanced at a nearby body. "A few hours? Days?"

"Depends on the wounds."

"Then we're going to make you wait a little bit longer."

Suho motioned for the wolves to go ahead before walking away. He closed his eyes when he could hear him scream out in pain. Suho winced whenever his own members cried out but before long the air grew still. He turned to see Kris's body lying on the ground and he shook his head in pity. He looked around to see one of the members missing and he began to panic.

"Kai?" Suho scanned the area. "Where are you?"

Suho was about to transform when a familar sound pierced the air.

Screams.

Followed by howling.

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

 

»LEAVE COMMENTS GUYS! I am so sorry for not updating sooner. I swear I can be so lazy.

Also, I am so sorry for such crappy fight scenes/descriptions. Oh well. I mean it guys. Please leave comments.

I feel so many people stopped commenting and reading my story. Why!? Anyways, I will probably update tomorrow. The showdown between Kai and D.O. /screams internally/ What do I do!?!?

COMMENT AWAY! UPVOTE! PLEASE!?