A Letter

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twenty-five 

 A Letter

 

________________________________________

 

"Stop glaring at each other."

"He started it first."

"I was just making a suggestion."

Kris took a deep sigh as he stood up and walked back to the group. Chen kept giving Ga Eun dirty looks while she reached out to pinch him. The fight never even started after she had managed to throw Chen down the stairs and onto the ground. 

Not only did it give him a huge bump on his forehead but she somehow got a nasty bruise on her cheek. Chen's hair was sticking out randomly while she tried to smooth out the knots that he had made by grabbing her hair.

"If you apologize first, I'll let everything go." Ga Eun murmured. "Just get it over with."

"You attacked me first." Chen snapped as he turned to her. "I was just trying to be funny."

"Well that wasn't funny at all!"

"What wasn't funny at all?" Lay piped up. "Why is everyone laughing?"

Lay frowned when he noticed the members trying to hide their laughters. He turned to look at Luhan and nudged him slightly to get his attention. Before he could open his mouth, Kris smashed his hand over it and gave Lay a small smile.

"Chen thought it would be funny to tell Ga Eun that she ."

"?" Lay said. " at what?"

"That she ." Tao spread his arms. "She things."

"Like straws?"

"Yes Lay." Xiumin nodded. "Like straws."

"How does he not get this?" Kyungsoo shook his head. "I even understood what Chen meant."

"He's just innocent." Luhan shrugged. "We made sure Tao and Chen stayed as far away from him as possible."

"Well that turned out to be a bad thing." Kyungsoo sighed. "A very bad thing."

"Fine." She crossed her arms. "I'm sorry I attacked you even though you are a rude and childish loser."

"I've never felt so loved." Chen sarcastically murmured. "Thanks for that sincere compliment."

"You're welcome."

"Can we just get this over with and go to bed?" Tao crossed his arms. "We have a game to play tomorrow."

"Do you really have to go?" She sighed. "It's not like you can't play at home."

"But Ga Eun." Luhan wrapped his arms around her. "It's not the same as playing in a field."

"It's just soccer."

"It's not just soccer." Xiumin rolled his eyes. "It's a game that defies if you are a man or not."

"Then Luhan shouldn't play at all." Ga Eun smirked. "He's not a man at all."

"Finally someone understands what I've been trying to say." Kyungsoo giggled. "I told you it was true."

"Then maybe Luhan shouldn't play at all." Kris conceded. "It wouldn't be fair to the real men."

"Exactly." Lay nodded. "I completely agree."

Luhan growled slightly as he let go of her. He gave Kris and Xiumin a dirty look before sitting down on the couch. Crossing his arms, he looked back to the members and shook his head.

"Everyone's just jealous that they don't look like me." Luhan smugly murmured. "You're just too scared to take me on."

"If you say so." Chen smiled. "You're too scared to take us on."

"You want to make a bet?" Luhan stood up. "Loser has to pay for food."

"If that's what you want." Kris nodded. "That doesn't sound so bad."

"So who's in whose team?" Xiumin smiled. "It wouldn't be fair if Luhan and I got stuck together."

"I want to be with Luhan and Kyungsoo!" Lay raised his hand. "I called dibs!"

"But wouldn't the teams be uneven?" Ga Eun frowned. "It would be 3 vs. 4."

"That's where you come in." Tao smiled. "We need a handicap so that the score is even."

"I don't want to. Soccer bores me."

"So you're just going to stay home?" Kyungsoo frowned. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"What if something happens?" Luhan narrowed his eyes. "I don't want to leave you alone."

"The worst that could happen is if Ga Eun doesn't find food in the fridge." Kris laughed. "Other than that she'll be fine."

••••••••••••

"Remember Suhos' rules." Baekhyun cleared his throat. "We don't want to cause any trouble."

"Yeah." Chanyeol impatient;y began to slip off his shirt. "We got it already."

"It's not going to be fun." Kai sighed as he stretched his body and showcasing his toned stomach. "It's just us three."

"Just run around until you get tired." Baekhyun smirked. "That's fun enough for you."

"That's rude." Kai rolled his eyes. "It's not like you can beat me."

"You want to bet?"

Chanyeol stepped forwards when Kai and Baekhyun snarled at each other. Their hands began to shake as they slowly began to transform. Within seconds they dashed into the forest with loud howls. Chanyeol shook his head before running after them.

"Wait for me!" He laughed as his jeans slipped off his body.

••••••••••••

"Where are we going?" Sehun turned towards Suho. "Is it far?"

"Not really." Suho shook his head. "You've been there before."

"By any chance-"

"Yeah."

Sehun narrowed his eyes as he noticed a small envelope in Suho's hands. He lightly reached out for it before Suho shoved it into his pocket. Suho turned towards Sehun and smiled softly as he shook his head.

"It's nothing big." Suho sighed. "It's just a letter."

"What kind of letter?"

"I don't know either."

"What are you planning on doing?" Sehun frowned. "You said we had to plan it out first."

"It's nothing big." Suho argued. "I just need her to know that we found her."

"And what about the others?"

"Who?" 

Sehun's eyes grew dark as his hands clenched tightly against his sides. "Luhan and D.O."

Suho stopped in his tracks and looked down at his feet. The day had gotten dark fast so the only light was that of the lampposts. He knew that the others were waiting for him but he didn't think there was a need to hurry.

"That's for you and the others to decide." Suho whispered. "That's the choice I'm giving the group."

Sehun looked up to see the large house off in the distance. His eyes landed on the lit house before following after Suho. They stopped in front of the gate and Suho stepped forwards. His fingers gingerly touched the iron wrought fence before letting the envelope slip between the cracks. 

He turned around to smile at Sehun as he walked back down the road. Their steps against the sidewalk was the only noise that was heard until a soft howl was heard. They glanced at each other's faces as a wide smile tugged at their lips. 

"I guess they're calling for us." Sehun smirked. "They must be lonely."

"What are you waiting for?" Suho laughed. "Let's go have some fun."

••••••••••••

"Why are you up so early?" Ga Eun groaned. "It's barely 10 am."

"It's late actually." Luhan chuckled. "We were supposed to get up early."

"Besides." Kyungsoo yawned. "The others are already waiting."

She rubbed her eyes as Luhan and Kyungsoo slipped out of bed and changed into their workout clothes. She yawned softly as she stood up and padded her way towards the kitchen. Lay was already up and making breakfast before she decided to help him with breakfast. She settled herself on making snacks for the others to take with them.

"Will you take long?" Ga Eun looked up at Lay. "I heard it was going to rain."

"I think so." Lay nodded. "You know how Luhan and Xiumin get."

"Of course."

"Breakfast is ready." Lay smiled. "Can you call the others?"

"Yeah." She smiled as she walked towards the stairs. "Yah! Come and eat!"

"That was lovely."

Ga Eun snorted as Kris, Xiumin and Tao ran downstairs and into the kitchen. Kyungsoo and Luhan quickly followed after and pulled her alongside them. The door slammed open and Chen ran inside and saw down besides Xiumin. She sighed as everyone finished eating quickly before running towards the door. 

"Don't take too long!" Ga Eun smiled. "I don't want anyone getting sick."

"We won't!" Tao laughed. "We're just going to have fun."

Luhan leaned down to kiss her before noticing something on the small table by the door. He reached out to grab it before handing it to her. Kyungsoo softly kissed her on the lips before running after the members who were already stepping out of the gate.

"Something came for you." Luhan said, handing her a letter.

"What is it?" 

Ga Eun stared at the letter, the handwriting unfamilar yet haunting. Luhan wrapped his arms around her, nibbling her neck as she sliced the letter open, watching something fall out of it.

"Is it important?" Luhan's breath hot on her skin. "Who's it from?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

Luhan walked away and headed outside, waving goodbye as he went with the others. She grabbed the small photo that had fallen onto the ground, her eyes wide as she gasped in shock.

"How...why..." Ga Eun murmured, her hands trembling

Ga Eun tore the picture into pieces, watching as they scattered onto the floor. She stared at the words written on the small sheet of paper, as a sickening feeling lured deep inside her stomach. She traced her fingers over the ink, the page slowly staining as her tears dropped one by one as she read the words that made her sick.

'We miss you. We miss you.'

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

»OMG! IS ANYONE AS EXCITED AS I AM!? YES! I BET YOU ARE! *calms down* Okay, so leave many comments please! If you don't Author-nim won't update as payment for any silent readers. I can be really mean guys.