Counting

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter five 

 Counting

 

________________________________________

 

3 months.

91 days.

2,184 hours.

131,040 minutes.

7,862,400 seconds.

She's still with him.

Suho stared absentmindedly out the window, his eyes scanning the dark forest. His chest began to rumble when the screeching howls reached him, his eyes turning from a dark brown to his signature amber. He winced slightly as he felt his body shake, small tufts of hair growing larger as he fell to the floor.

Suho stood up, managing to stop his transformation, his hands clenched tightly by his sides as he turned to stare at the door. He smiled slightly as he saw Sehun and Kai burst through the door, a musky and wet dog smell reaching his sensitive nose. Suho shook his head slightly before walking towards them, his teeth baring.

"Nothing?" He asked, his eyes cold.

"We found this." Sehun said, holding out a sheet of paper.

Suho reached out and grabbed it, his eyes scanning the words before letting the page slip out of his long and delicate fingers. He closed his eyes and sat down on the couch besides him, covering his face.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Suho asked, his hands trembling.

"They ran off. D.O didn't change his information so it was easier to trace." Kai said, flinching when he said his name.

"That doesn't matter if don't know where the hell they are!" Suho snarled, glaring at Kai and Sehun.

They bowed slightly before turning around, staring at Baekhyun and Chanyeol who stood by the doors, their arms crossed tightly over their chests. They smiled at Kai and Sehun before walking towards Suho.

"We still have time." Baekhyun said.

"What do you mean?" Suho asked.

"She knows we're coming after her. We just have to wait until she makes a mistake." Chanyeol answered.

"A mistake? Ga Eun's too smart for that. Besides, knowing Luhan, they must have changed her name completely." Suho said, sighing.

"How do you plan on finding her then?" Baekhyun asked, frowning.

"We find Luhan, we find her." Suho said, smiling.

Baekhyun and Chanyeol followed after Suho, slowly slipping off their clothes as they headed into the forest. Kai and Sehun stood motionless, their howls penetrating their thoughts. They turned to face each other before walking outside, their eyes slowly growing amber.

"I miss her." Sehun murmured, his voice quiet.

"We're going to bring her back." Kai said, nodding his head.

"What about D.O?" Sehun asked, turning to face Kai.

His eyes grew wide as Kai's teeth began to grow, his body shaking as he fell to the floor. Sehun waited until Kai calmed down, noticing his claws sinking into the ground as his back arched, growling before he stood up.

"You know what we do to those who leave." Kai said, his eyes cold and hard.

"Death." Sehun replied, nodding his head.

••••••••••••

3 months.

91 days.

2,184 hours.

131,040 minutes.

7,862,400 seconds.

I am still safe and alive.

Ga Eun stared in awe at the large white house, the waves crashing onto the sand. Luhan slipped his hand in hes as he observed the beach house, the light blue curtains that fluttered in the wind. He smiled as he pulled her along, the soft and moist sand tickling your toes.

"What is this?" She asked, wide eyed.

"A house." Luhan answered. "Duh."

"I see that, but whose does this belong to?" 

"It's ours." 

"How...?" She trailed off, pulling away from Luhan.

Ga Eun stared at him, noticing his eyes redden for a bit before returning back to his beautiful brown eyes. She shook her head before leaning closer, ignoring the shiver that ran down her spine. Luhan stepped back, making sure there was some distant between them.

"I'm sorry. I know you don't want me to mention about...us" Luhan murmured, staring at the water.

"It's fine." 

Luhan turned to face her, her hair before silently moving onto her face, his fine and delicate fingers inching their way to her lips. Ga Eun closed her eyes and smiled as Luhan kissed her lips. She screamed as he bent down and grabbed her, throwing her over his shoulder.

"Should we go have some fun!?" He yelled, laughing.

Xiumin, Tao and Chen ran towards Ga Eun and pulled her out of Luhan's grasp, holding onto her as they ran towards the water. She was tossed into the water, completely soaked as she stood up, wiping away the water from her face.

D.O, Lay and Luhan came to her rescue, throwing their bodies onto the others, laughing as they all fell into the water. She ran back towards the beach and stepped behind Kris, using him for protection.

"Don't let them come." She whispered.

"Why not? Isn't that the point of having fun?" Kris asked.

"Not with them. Look at them, they're animals." 

Kris turned to look at the members, shaking his head as he noticed Tao and Xiumin using Chen as protection, letting him get soaked by Lay. Luhan and D.O tackled Tao and Xiumin, their voices loud and their laughter contagious.

Kris pulled off his shirt and handed it to Ga Eun, noticing her shiver due to the breeze. He headed inside the house, his pale skin gleaming under the bright sunlight. She sat down on the sand, wiggling her toes deeper, wishing she could bury herself underneath it.

Howling.

Ga Eun gasped in shock as she looked up, crawling away before running away. She kicked and screamed when Luhan grabbed her, his strong arms wrapped tightly around her waist. She closed her eyes and focused on his heartbeat, calming down before she faced him.

"It was just D.O. He forgot about it for a second." Luhan explained.

"I can't do this anymore. I can't." She shook her head. "It's too hard."

"What do you mean?" Luhan asked, panic in his voice.

"I don't want to be weak. I don't want to be a damsel in distress." 

"What do you want?" 

"I want to learn how to defend myself. I want to sleep without having to dream about them. I want to live in peace."

"You're safe now. You know that." Luhan argued.

"Tao!" Ga Eun called out, pulling away.

She turned to face him, smiling softly as he stood in front of her, his mouth twisted into a frown. Ga Eun grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the beach, making him stand in front of her as she backed away.

"What are you doing?" D.O asked, keeping his distance.

"Hit me." Ga Eun ordered.

"What!?" Tao asked, wide eyed.

"I want you to hit me." 

Tao stared at her in shock, shaking his head before he looked up at Luhan. Luhan walked towards D.O and pulled him onto the ground, watching as Lay, Xiumin and Chen sat down besides them, their eyes on her.

"I-I-I can't." Tao said, shaking his head.

"Just do it." Ga Eun sighed, crossing her arms.

They all looked up when Kris stepped onto the porch, the kitchen light illuminating his back. He made his way to the members, a bowl in his hand. He quickly sat down, forcing Luhan and D.O to make room. Kris turned to look at Luhan and held out the bowl, a smirk on his face.

"Want some popcorn?" He asked, chuckling.

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» N/A