Rustling

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twenty-two 

 Rustling

 

________________________________________

 

"Put me down!"

"I can't! I missed you so much!"

"Tao!" Ga Eun screamed. "I'm going to throw up if you keep spinning me around!"

Tao gave her a look before putting her down on the ground. The floor seemed to keep spinning as she tried to stand up straight. Luhan reached out to grab her when she tripped and stumbled towards the ground. Kyungsoo held Ga Eun besides him while Luhan began to attack Tao. She managed to focus on the members as they stepped out of the car. Kris gave her a look of hope as he ran towards her. She chuckled silently as she smoothed down his hair.

"How many times?" She looked up. "I'm surprised you didn't do anything."

"I made them walk for abit." Kris sighed. "Lay almost tore Chen's head off."

"No."

"Yes."

"It wasn't my fault." Chen stepped out of the car. He reached out to smack Tao who was lying on the ground with Luhan hovering over him. Chen gave her a smile before heading through the gate. "Tao kept blaming everything on me."

"I'm sure he did." Ga Eun nodded. "You have my support."

"Thank you."

She ran towards Xiumin who was struggling with the bags and helped him. Kyungsoo silently followed after her and grabbed the bags from her hand. Kris let out a sigh as he pulled Luhan off of Tao who kept whimpering. Lay decided it was his turn to beat Tao and grabbed his ear before heading inside the house.

"I should have followed after you." Xiumin weakly smiled. "I almost cried."

"Why?" She giggled. "Was it that bad?"

"I would rather let the house get dirty than to spend another day with Tao and Chen."

"I am so sorry."

Ga Eun gave Xiumin a pat on his shoulder before heading inside the house. Everyone settled themselves in the living room while Lay scolded Tao in the kitchen. Luhan held out his arms and she ran towards his side. She laughed a little as Luhan held out his arms for Kyungsoo as well. In the end she was on Luhan's right side while Kyungsoo was on his left.

"When will the food come?" Kyungsoo looked at Luhan. "I'm hungry."

"Me too." She pouted. "My stomach is starting to hurt."

"It'll come soon my dear peasants." Luhan smiled. "Don't get your in a bunch."

"You ordered food?" Kris looked up. "I thought you guys made dinner."

"Let's just say dogs won't even eat it." Ga Eunsighed. "I wanted to make something special but I messed up."

"I thought someone farted." Chen laughed before being hit by the pillow she threw at him.

She cuddled closer to Luhan as her eyes began to flutter. Kris, Xiumin and Chen decided to watch tv while waiting for the food to come. Lay settled himself on the floor besides Chen and fell asleep. Tao ran towards Kris and hid behind the leader. Kyungsoo made his way towards Ga Eun and rested his head on her lap before closing his eyes.

"You should take her to her room." Xiumin looked at Luhan. "She'll be more comfortable there."

"No." Luhan shook his head. "I like her by my side."

"Suit yourself."

"I can take her to bed." Kyungsoo mumbled. "Or do you want her to snore in your ear?"

"I'll do it." Luhan stood up before picking her up. He headed upstairs while Kyungsoo trailed behind. He settled her in the bed and watched as Kyungsoo laid down besides her. He gave her a kiss on the forehead before walking away. 

"Make sure she eats when she wakes up." Luhan said.

"Don't worry." Kyungsoo chuckled. "I'm sure she will."

••••••••••••

"Are you sure you called them?"

"They should be here by now."

Sehun looked down at his phone and yawned for the nth time. He was completely exhausted and had wanted to head to the hotel but Suho had refused. Not only was he hungry and sleepy, there was something gnawing him. Suho rested his head on Sehun's shoulder and yawned as well.

"I'm sorry." Suho whispered. "You should get some rest."

"It's okay hyung." Sehun smiled. "I'm not that tired."

"You keep yawning."

"That's because you're the one yawning."

"No I'm not." Suho yawned widely. "I'm just stretching my mouth."

"Keep telling yourself that." Sehun smirked. "You're such a bad liar."

"Or maybe one of the best?"

Sehun opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted when a whistle blew. Suho and Sehun looked up to see a train making its way into the station. They both stood up and brushed the dirt off their clothes. 

"Is it them?" Suho craned his neck to see. "I can't see anything."

"I see Bacon and Channie hyung." Sehun answered. "Kai isn't with them."

"Don't tell me that idiot got lost."

"I think so."

Sehun waved his hands for Baekhyun and Chanyeol. They waved back when they noticed them. Suho smiled widely when Baekhyun and Chanyeol rushed to greet them. They looked completely worn out but were excited at the same time.

"You found her?" Chanyeols' eyes grew wide. "How?"

"She was on the same train as me." Sehun replied. "I got lucky."

"Where's Kai?" Baekhyun surveyed the area. "He told us he was on his way."

"I think he got lost." Suho shrugged. "He'll find his way sooner or later."

"And D.O?" Chanyeol murmured. "Was he with her?"

"Yeah." Sehun nodded. "I took some pictures."

Sehun pulled out his phone and showed them the pictures. Baekhyun's eyes narrowed when he stared at the familiar boy. Chanyeol couldn't take his eyes off of Ga Eun and D.O. His eyes darkened when he saw that D.O was holding onto her hand.

"Where is she now?" Chanyeol looked up. "Did you find where she's at?"

"There's a house not too far from here." Sehun frowned. "I wouldn't recommend going there."

"Why not?" Baekhyun snapped. 

"Sehun's right." Suho ran his hand through his hair. "We need to wait for Kai and it's too risky to go without a plan."

"So what are we going to do?"

"We need to rest." Suho smiled. "Sehun can lead us to where the house is but we need to rest first."

"Okay." Sehun smiled. "I can do that."

••••••••••••

"Ga Eun?"

"What?"

"I think the food's here."

Her eyes flew open as Kyungsoo stood up. He shook his head when she grabbed her sweater as she raced down the stairs. Lay and Xiumin were by the door before she pushed past them. Luhan and Kyungsoo raced after her as she ran towards the gate.

"Food!" She screamed. "It's finally here!"

Ga Eun quickly opened the gate and bowed when the delivery man handed her the food. Luhan and Kyungsoo helped her with the food and gave her a look when she began to eat it.

"Save some for the others." Luhan scolded. "And that is disgusting."

"But I'm hungry."

"And?"

"Let's head inside." Kyungsoo sighed. "The others are waiting."

She turned to follow them when she heard rustling in the nearby bushes. Luhan and Kyungsoo were already by the house and didn't hear it. Her heart began to race unexpectedly and she quickly closed the gate. She looked up to see Luhan waiting by the door with his hand stretched out.

"They're already eating!" Luhan yelled. "Hurry up!"

"Okay!" She nodded. "I'm coming."

Ga Eun headed towards the house and followed Luhan inside.  She took a deep breath and shook her head. She kept staring at the gate before closing the door shut.

Ga Eun managed to close the door in time and didn't noticed the pair of eyes that shined under the light.

Four pairs of yellow eyes.

 
 

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» Please leave many comments and don't forget to UPVOTE! NO SILENT READERS! I am so sorry for the short update. I recently burned my hand and it's been really hard to just type with one hand.