The Forest: Part II

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twelve

 The Forest:Part II

 

________________________________________

 

"You didn't find anything?"

"No." Luhan cleared his throat. "D.O didn't find anything either."

"Not even when he..." Ga Eun trailed off as she looked up at him. D.O shook his head slightly as he walked over to her. He leaned in and kissed her lightly on the forehead before slipping upstairs. Luhan's eyes trailed after him before turning back to her. 

"He's just a bit tired." Luhan smiled.

"And the others?" 

"They're coming soon." Luhan nodded. "They just wanted to check out the perimeter."

The door slid open and Tao stepped inside. He stretched his arms out and smacked Chen on the head before running upstairs. Kris and Xiumin followed after and sat down on the couch. Lay shook his head as Chen after Tao, screaming his head off. 

"When is he going to learn?" Lay chuckled. "Apparently he's our best fighter."

"Kris spoiled him too much." Xiumin agreed. "He can do anything he wants since Kris has his back."

"That's not true." Kris argued. "I let you do whatever you want."

"Discipline is key." Ga Eun murmured, making her voice deeper as she stared at Kris.

"You can't argue with that." Luhan smirked.

"Well I also have a soft spot for you Ga Eun." Kris smiled. "I don't think you should be saying anything."

"I'm not." She shrugged. "I enjoy it actually."

"You should go to bed." Xiumin frowned. "We don't want you to be tired."

"Don't worry. I won't have any nightmares."

"Are you sure?" Lay sighed. "You were practically shaking before."

"Luhan is with me. I'll be fine."

"Let's go." Luhan grabbed her hand. She waved to the members and followed Luhan upstairs. Chen and Tao were in their rooms while D.O was nowhere to be seen. She looked through his bedroom door and saw that his bed was still made but his window was open.

"Where's D.O?" Ga Eun murmured. "Did he go somewhere?"

"He's in the forest." Luhan sighed. "I think he's still looking."

"Go after him. What if something happens to him?"

"He can take care of himself. D.O isn't reckless like Tao or Chen."

"Are you sure?" She looked up. "Can you hear him?"

"Yeah." Luhan smiled. "He's safe and sound."

Luhan opened the bedroom door and carried Ga Eun inside. He pulled back the blankets and slid in besides her, wrapping his arms tightly around her body. She chuckled softly as she did the same. Luhan began to hum as he her back, making her fall asleep.

"I'm here." He whispered. "We're here."

••••••••••••

"Stop hitting me!"

"What did I say about being near people!?"

"You never said anything!"

Suho threw his hands up in desperation as Baekhyun pulled him away from Chanyeol. He looked up to see Kai and Sehun holding their laughter as they stared at Chanyeol's cowering body. He couldn't help but laugh silently as Chanyeol looked up with puppy eyes.

"I won't do it again." He pouted. "I just got excited."

"I honestly don't know what to do with you." Suho sighed. 

"But why did you stop all of a sudden?" Sehun called out. "You've never done that before."

"That's right." Kai looked up. "That was strange."

"I don't know." Chanyeol shrugged. "There was some weird smell coming from there."

"Like what?" Baekhyun spoke up.

"I can't describe it. It just felt weird."

"It's probably the change in area and temperature." Suho shrugged. "We are in a different country."

Chanyeol stood up and walked over to the stack of clothing on the floor. He quickly changed and threw the rest of the clothes to the others. They walked out of the forest and into the park. The sun was setting so they decided to head back to the hotel.

They passed through the market and towards the motel, earning looks from several girls. Kai and Chanyeol began to wink and wave their hands, pretending to be celebrities. 

"We should move here." Kai sighed. "It's so different back home."

"Why?" Baekhyun chuckled. "You want to seduce all those girls?"

"What?" Chanyeol asked. "We don't have anything else to do."

"What about her?" Sehun murmured. "We're not going to look anymore?"

"Of course we are." Suho nodded. "That's why we came here."

Baekhyun and Sehun sighed as they entered the hotel, following Suho inside. Kai and Chanyeol waited for a bit before entering as well. They walked towards Suho's room and watched as he pulled out a map.

"We need to spread out."

"By ourselves?" Baekhyun looked up. 

"Yeah." Suho mumbled. "I'm trying to figure out where exactly."

"Won't it be hard?" Chanyeol leaned back. "We're not exactly great Chinese speakers."

"I can't even say 'hello'." Kai frowned. 

"Don't even get me started." Sehun smirked.

"We just need these." Suho murmured. He reached inside his bag and pulled out an envelope. Wordlessly, he began to pass out pictures to the others. They silently looked down and noticed that they were pictures of Ga Eun. She was smiling at the camera even though the sun was shining on her face. 

"This is..." Chanyeol trailed off.

"I managed to find it among the things she left behind." Suho answered. "It's the only picture of her I have."

"She looks happy here." Baekhyun's fingers caressed the picture. "Was this from before?"

"I think so."

"Were her eyes always this big?" Sehun asked. "I can't seem to remember."

"Yeah." Kai nodded. "They're big brown eyes."

"Even if we find her she won't come back to us." Baekhyun remorsed. "She still hates us."

"We don't need her to come back." Suho smiled. "We're not going to get her back."

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol and Kai asked.

"We need to apologize to her and beg for forgiveness." Suho chuckled. "That's the only way we can go on."

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun narrowed his eyes. "This isn't what you wanted before."

"Things change. I changed."

"Is that all?" Sehun asked. "That's all we're here for?"

"Of course." Suho smirked. "What else are we going to do?"

••••••••••••

Luhan?" Ga Eun whispered. "Are you awake?"

She opened her eyes to see Luhan snoring softly, his hair sticking out in random places. Silently, she sat up and pushed his arm away. She was sweating from his body heat yet she was still cold. There was a little bit of light made by the moon as Ga Eun slid out of bed.

She grabbed a sweater and walked out the door, making sure Luhan wouldn't wake up. The house was completely silent except for the random snores and creaks made by the other members. Ga Eun headed towards the stairs when she decided to check in on D.O.

"D.O?" She murmured. "Are you awake?"

The door easily opened and she stepped inside. There was nothing different from before; the bed was still made and the window was still open. Ga Eun went downstairs and headed outside. The cold breeze hit her hard and she wrapped her arms tighter around herself.

"D.O?" She called out, knowing he would be able to hear.

There wasn't an answer and Ga Eun grew more worried. The only sound that was heard was the crashing waves hitting the sand. She turned around and stared at the dark forest. Blinking rapidly, she trudged forwards and ignored the sickening feeling in her stomach.

"D.O?" 

The forest floor was damp from the moisture and Ga Eun cursed silently as she walked forward, not wearing shoes. She stepped back when she saw something scurry across, making her heart race.

The house slowly disappeared from her sight as she walked deeper into the forest. There was almost no light and Ga Eun struggled to see. A bush nearby began to rustle slightly and she clenched her fists. She sighed in relief when she noticed a small bunny appear.

"Aish." Ga Eun whispered. "You scared me to death."

She bent down to pick up the bunny and petted it softly. Her eyes grew wider when she felt something hot on her neck. She turned around and stared into a set of familiar yellow eyes. Ga Eun crawled backwards before closing her eyes shut.

"It's just a dream." She cowered. "Please let it just be a dream."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» Please leave many comments and don't forget to UPVOTE!