Back Home

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter fourteen

 Back Home

 

________________________________________

 

"Don't come any closer!" 

There was a low rumbled heard deep inside D.O's chest as he circled Ga Eun. His light beige fur was even brighter under the morning light. She stepped backwards as he got closer, his mouth watering. 

"D.O." She warned. "I told you to stop!"

D.O ignored her and closed in on her. She turned around and saw that there was nowhere to run. D.O had made sure Ga Eun wouldn't run away. Her back soon touched a tree and she closed her eyes. D.O's breath was hot on her face as he began to sniff her.

"Yah!" Ga Eun screamed. "Stop me!"

She fell onto the ground as D.O continued sniffing her. Like an excited puppy, he began to her face and body as he yelped. Ga Eun screamed in surprise and annoyance as his snout began to tickle her body. D.O stepped back when he realized she was crying. He began to nudge her face until she looked up at him.

"I'm going to smell like a dog!"

She wiped away the remaining drool off her body before standing up. D.O's yellow eyes grew wider as she smacked his snout, pushing him away. Ga Eun looked down to assess the damage and sighed as he began to rub his body against hers.

"I should have never asked." She sighed. "You're worse than a puppy."

D.O sat down on the ground and stared up at her in interest. His tail accidently hit Ga Eun and the impact made her fall hard on the floor. She screamed in pain as she rubbed your back. 

"Kyungsoo, that hurt!" 

She reached out and pulled D.O's ears in revenge. He began to whimper in pain until she let go. D.O leaned closer and rested his head on her lap as he closed his eyes in contentment.

"Who knew you were going to act like this?" Ga Eun whispered. "You're not scary at all."

His ears perked up as she ran her fingers through his fur. She leaned in closer and sniffed his body. D.O looked up and smacked her on the face by accident. He her hand in apology as she rubbed her face. Ga Eun gently patted his head and smiled as he sighed.

"You're not scary. But the others are."

She stood up once she felt her legs go numb from D.O's weight. He stood up as well and pushed her forwards using his nose. Ga Eun crouched down to pick up his clothes when she heard screaming.

"Ga Eun!?"

"Are you hurt!?"

D.O stepped in front of her and began to growl. Ga Eun looked around him and saw Luhan staring right back at her. He held out his hand as he stepped closer, his eyes wide. D.O stepped back and grabbed the clothes out of her hands before dashing deeper into the forest. She grabbed Luhan's hand and smiled widely.

"I'm not scared of him!" She grinned. "D.O isn't scary at all!"

"Are you hurt?" Luhan inspected her face. "We heard you scream."

"That's because he kept on me."

" you?"

"Are you sure that was saliva?" Chen interrupted. "I mean..."

"Yah!" Xiumin laughed. "Not in front of Lay."

"What?" Lay asked. "What does that mean?"

"Nothing." Kris gave Chen a look. "It's nothing important."

"But why did you come out here?" Tao asked. "You were gone all night."

"D.O didn't come back." Ga Eun shrugged. "I wanted to make sure he was safe."

"He's a wolf." Chen sighed. "I'm sure he can take care of himself."

"It doesn't hurt to check. I would do the same for you."

"That was really nice of you." Luhan brushed back her hair. "But let me know next time, okay?"

"He didn't hurt me. D.O recognized me."

"We just need to be safe." Luhan smiled. "You'll do that for me, right?"

"Fine." She nodded. "I promise."

Luhan turned to look at the rustling bushes as D.O stepped out. His clothes were torn and dirty just like his face. He hesistated slightly before walking to where Ga Eun was. Luhan pulled her slightly behind him, just enough for him to notice.

"Did you find anything?" Kris asked. "Anything at all?"

"No." D.O shook his head. "There wasn't anything new."

"Then why did you stay out all night?" Chen asked.

"I needed some fresh air." D.O shrugged. "I needed to exercise as well."

"Why?" Ga Eun frowned. "Is there a reason why?"

"Just in case." D.O smiled. 

Luhan handed D.O his sweater and pulled her along to the house. The others had already left them behind, yelling and laughing as usual. She could hear D.O walk behind her, his steps light and careful. Ga Eun smiled as she reached behind and held out her hand. D.O automatically grabbed it and stood besides her.

"You weren't scared?"

"No." Ga Eun smiled. "You weren't like the ones in my dreams."

"Like the others?" D.O stammered. "I'm not like them?"

"Your eyes were different."

"How?"

"But how did you know not to attack?" Luhan interrupted.

She noticed a frown on Luhan's face as he stared at D.O. He turned to her and smiled in reassurance. D.O cleared his throat and let go of her hand as he answered Luhan's question.

"It was her scent." He replied. "I couldn't attack since because of her scent."

"Is there a possiblity that you might?" Luhan narrowed his eyes. "At all?"

"Luhan." Ga Eun sighed. "Why are you asking him that?"

"It's fine." D.O winked at her before looking up at Luhan. "I won't and I can't. Werewolves can't attack..." He looked away as he trailed off, "Well at least I can't attack her..."

"That's good to hear." Luhan chuckled. "Sorry if I sounded rude or anything."

"It's fine." D.O shrugged. "I understand."

Luhan finally reached the house and stepped inside. Ga Eun ran towards the couch and sat down besides Lay who was watching TV. D.O sat besides her and held onto her hand. She looked up to see Luhan staring at her while eating breakfast. He stuck out his tongue when she did the same to him.

"Aren't you hungry?" Lay asked. "You should eat."

"No." Ga Eun yawned. "I'm just a bit tired."

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" D.O asked. "You were up all night."

"Yeah. Just for a little bit."

She stood up and headed towards the stairs. Luhan stood up as well and followed after her. He turned to see D.O trailing behind them as well. She crawled inside the bed and closed her eyes. D.O stood by the doorway while Luhan slipped in after her. He was about to close the door when he heard Luhan call out his name.

"Kyungsoo?"

"Hmm?" D.O turned around. "What is it?"

"Do you mind staying with her?" Luhan sat up. "I don't want her to be alone."

"Are you sure?" D.O stepped forwards. "You don't mind?"

"No. She wants you to be with her as well." Luhan smirked. "I guess Ga Eun couldn't resist you."

"I doubt it." He looked up with interest. "But why did you call me by my real name?"

"Because it sounds better than D.O."

D.O stared after Luhan before sliding inside the bed with Ga Eun and tenderly wrapped his arms around her waist. Luhan stood by the door as she adjusted her position besides D.O. He smiled as she wrapped her arms around him as well.

"Sleep tight." Luhan chuckled. 

"Thank you." D.O murmured. 

••••••••••••

"I want to go back!"

"Why does it smell all the time!?"

"I'm hungry!"

"Shut up!" Suho snapped. "Why are you so loud!?"

"Hyung!" Sehun whined. "I'm tired of walking."

"And it smells." Baekhyun sighed. "It smells bad."

"That's because we're in the city." Chanyeol argued. "There's a lot of people anyways."

"Are we leaving anytime soon?" Kai pouted. "I don't want to stay here anymore."

"Once we find her we can leave." Suho replied. "So the sooner we find her, the faster we can leave."

"That could take forever." Sehun sobbed. "I won't be able to last that long."

Chanyeol smacked Sehun on his head before turning to look at Suho. They were in a small restaurant close to the hotel. Suho kept glancing at the map that was on the table as he wrote down notes. The others waited patiently for their assignments. They were nervous but couldn't show it since Suho would get upset.

"Have you decided where we're going?" Kai interrupted. 

"Yeah." Suho looked up. "I'm almost done."

Suho stood up and quickly paid for the meal before walking out of the restaurant. The others quietly followed him towards the hotel, knowing they would be leaving soon. They quickly headed to their rooms and grabbed their bags as they watched Suho hand out small envelopes.

"I'm giving you enough money to last for a while." Suho smiled. "The place where you're going is written inside as well."

"How long do we have?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Two weeks. If we don't find her by then, we meet back here in the hotel."

"Okay!"

"Remember." Suho instructed. "If you see her, call me first."

"Why?" Chanyeol looked up. "Is there a reason?"

"I just need to speak to her first." Suho replied. "That's all."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

» Please leave many comments and don't forget to UPVOTE! NO SILENT READERS!