Questions

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter four 

 Questions

 

________________________________________

 

"Is she feeling better?" Xiumin asked.

Luhan was brushing back her hair, making sure she was asleep before he walked away. He slipped his hand out of hers and covered Ga Eun with a blanket before he walked out of the room. He closed the door shut and ran a hand through his hair before he headed downstairs.

"Yeah, she just needs some rest." Luhan said, nodding his head.

"What do you think she saw?" Chen asked, wide eyed.

"She didn't see anything. She just said that she heard noises and ran back home." Luhan said.

"Are you sure? What if...?" Lay began.

"It's not them. I made sure they couldn't trace us. It can't be them." Luhan snapped.

"We need to be prepared just in case. They're different, you know that." Xiumin said, patting Luhan's shoulder.

"I'm more worried about Ga Eun. She's not the same. I want her old self back." 

"She'll get there. Ga Eun's strong." Chen said, nodding his head.

Luhan looked up to see Kris, Tao and D.O running inside the house, panting as they closed the door. Kris shook his head at Luhan before heading upstairs to check up on her. Tao smiled softly and followed after Kris. D.O stood in front of Luhan, his eyes still a deep yellow.

"What did you find?" Luhan asked, staring at D.O.

"Nothing. It was just a stray cat." D.O said.

"That's it? Are you sure?" Luhan asked, grabbing D.O's arm.

D.O flinched in pain as Luhan gripped his arm tighter, his nails sinking deeper into his skin. He pushed Luhan lightly away and snarled slightly, shaking his head as he fought back his transformation.

"Yeah, I'm sure." D.O snapped, glaring at Luhan.

"I'll take your word for it." 

D.O pushed past Luhan and headed upstairs, knocking on Ga Eun's door before he stepped inside. He noticed Kris and Tao hovering over her, watching her sleep. They looked up at D.O and nodded their heads, making their way out of the door. D.O grabbed a chair and sat down besides her, holding onto her hand. He closed his eyes and remembered the day when they arrived to the new house in China.

'What do you think?' She asked.

'I think it looks nice.' D.O said.

'We're safe now, right?' 

D.O nodded his head slightly and brushed back her hair, wincing slightly when he noticed the scars on her face. His fingers brushed them gently before he pulled away, noticing the pain in her eyes with his touch. She turned around and grabbed Luhan, holding onto him as she closed her eyes.

'Do they still hurt?' D.O asked.

'No, they just remind me of them.' Ga Eun murmured.

'I'm sorry.' D.O whispered before looking away.

D.O turned around and closed his eyes, the images from the past playing inside his head. He felt his body shake as he remembered her screams, the blood on the floor, the look of utter hatred in her eyes. He looked up when he felt her hand slipping into his.

'Don't be sorry. You weren't like them. You saved me.' She whispered, smiling softly.

'I'll take care of you. I promise.' 

'I trust you.' 

D.O looked up and stared at Ga Eun as she shifted in her sleep. He leaned closer and wiped away the sweat that was on her forehead, the look of pain familar. D.O stared wide eyed as she began to whimper, her hands squeezing D.O's arms tightly. 

"Please. Don't hurt me. I'm sorry." She begged, tears falling through her closed eyes.

"I'm right here. You're safe." D.O murmured, running his hand through her hair.

"Help me. Please, someone help me." 

D.O stood up and walked to the door, calling out for Luhan as he turned back towards Ga Eun. He waited until Luhan arrived, watching as he slid into bed and hugged her. D.O headed downstairs and began to make some soup, his hands shaking as he heard her screams echoing throughout the house.

"Is she dreaming again?" Tao asked, sitting down at  the kitchen table.

"I think so." D.O said.

"What did you do to her to make her that way?" 

"He wasn't the one." Lay said, sitting besides Tao.

"Then who was?" Chen asked, sitting down as well.

"The others." D.O murmured, looking away.

"What happened?" Xiumin asked, walking into the kitchen.

"Luhan didn't tell you?" D.O asked.

"We just guessed. He wouldn't say anything." Chen said.

"You know what we are, right?" 

"Yeah, werewolves." Tao nodded his head.

"We bonded with Ga Eun and well...things got out of hand. They began to hurt her. They almost killed her." D.O looked away, blinking back tears.

"And you didn't do anything to stop it?" Xiumin asked.

"I have no excuses. I knew I should have stopped them but I was too scared." 

"Then why is she like this? She's safe now." Lay asked, confused.

"She thinks they'll come after her. Like D.O said, they bonded with her. They won't stop until they get her back." Kris said, standing by the doorway.

They all looked up to see Luhan walking down the stairs, his eyes heavy as he struggled to stay awake. He sat down on the table and smiled at D.O who handed him a bowl of soup.

"Thanks." Luhan murmured.

"Is she okay now?" Lay asked, worried.

"Yeah, she's reading another book." Luhan softly chuckled.

"She's going to get sick if she reads instead of sleeping." Tao sighed.

"I might have to start giving her drugs." Xiumin agreed.

Xiumin winced in pain as he looked up at Luhan, who smacked him again with his spoon. He went back to eating, his eyes slowly closing shut as he looked down. Kris sighed and grabbed Luhan, picking him up and walking upstairs. He gently laid him down to rest and walked to her room, lightly knocking on her door.

"Luhan?" Ga Eun called out, her voice tired.

"It's me." Kris murmured, stepping inside.

Kris stared at her softly, examining her face as she smiled at him. He noticed the small scars all over her face, practically invisible except when the light hit them at a certain angle. Kris shook his head slightly when he saw her dark circles, making her face appear gaunt and hollow. He stepped closer and sat down on the chair besides Ga Eun, holding out his hand.

Ga Eun smiled and handed him a book, watching as he began to silently read besides her. She grabbed her own book and began to read, the comfortable silence filling the room.

"Have you been sleeping?" Kris murmured, staring at his book.

"Not as much as I would like to." She answered.

"Should we go on a small trip?" 

"A trip?" 

"Yeah, it will do you some good. A nice change and some fresh air." Kris softly smiled.

"Really? Should we?" She blinked at him. "It sounds nice."

"If you want to. You need to rest. Everyone's worried about you." 

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to cause any harm." 

"Don't worry about that. You make Luhan happy and that's all that matters." Kris said, shaking his head.

"I do?" She asked, looking up.

"Yeah, you do." 

Ga Eun watched as Kris shut the door behind him, waving goodbye before he walked away. She went back to her book when she heard the door open. She slid onto the other side and smiled when Luhan rested his head on her chest, wrapping his arms around her.

She played with his hair as he went back to sleep, his body warm against her own. She played with his fingers as she kissed him on the forehead, letting her book slide off of the bed. She laid down and wrapped her arms around Luhan, holding him to her chest.

"Good night." She whispered, closing her eyes.

________________________________________