Thunder

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twenty-six 

 Thunder

 

________________________________________

 

"Stop cheating!"

"I'm not cheating!"

Tao's eyes flashed as he glared at Lay who eyed him back. After they had left home, the group spent more time fighting than actually playing. Once they realized that they had one extra player, they forced Kris to be the referee claiming "he is a basketball man."

"Yah!" Luhan yelled. "Hurry up and play before it starts raining."

"Why are you yelling at me!?" Xiumin snapped as he pointed at Tao and Lay. "They're the ones screwing around."

"Can we just go home?" Chen whined. "It was a mistake coming here in the first place."

"You're not even doing anything." Kyungsoo shook his head. 

"This is why we should have just played basketball." Kris frowned. 

Kris stepped forwards and quickly made sure that none of the members would do anything stupid. The game finally started and the members grew excited, especially Luhan and Xiumin. The morning quickly passed by unnoticed before raindrops began to fall. They looked up to see that the sky had darkened and lightning lit up the sky.

"I think we should head home now." Chen grinned widely. "Ga Eun's going to get worried if we don't hurry."

"Yeah." Luhan agreed. "She might be scared of the storm."

"We should stop by the market first." Kyungsoo sighed. "She might be hungry."

"Should we all go or do you want us to go home?" Tao asked. "To keep her company."

"I don't think we need to." Xiumin smiled. "We're not that far from the market."

"Besides." Lay nodded. "What if you want something to eat?"

Everyone agreed with Lay and got ready to head to the market. They were almost out of the park when Kyungsoo and Luhan stopped suddenly. They turned to face each other in surprise and confusion before looking to the rest of the members.

"Did you hear that?" Luhan nudged Kris. "I thought I heard something weird."

Kris looked around the park and the area before shaking his head. "It was probably the thunder."

Kyungsoo looked up and slightly nodded when he heard the low rumbles of thunder. "I guess you're right."

"Yah!" Chen waved his hands. "The longer you take, the longer Ga Eun will wait."

Kris pulled Kyungsoo and Luhan towards the rest of the group before running. The rain had started to pour and they made their way to the market to buy food. Just as they left the area, loud howls were heard in between the gaps in thunder. 

••••••••••••

"It's starting to rain." Suho sighed. "I guess we can't play with the rest of them."

"I don't think it should be a big deal." Sehun frowned. "It's just water."

"But what if you and the others get sick?"

"We're not kids anymore." 

Suho smiled softly when he felt Sehun nudging his shoulder. He turned back to the clothes that were getting soaked by the rain and kneeled down to grab them. Sehun stepped deeper inside the forest and waited for Suho to follow after him.

Their eyes began to glow a light yellow as they began to use their heightened senses to locate the others. They examined the area before Suho let out a low whistle that only the wolves could hear.

"That should get their attention." Suho nodded. "If not we might have to change."

"But it's raining." Sehun complained. "I'm already wet."

"I thought it wasn't a big deal."

Sehun rolled his eyes and turned to see the members making their way towards them. Their once clean bodies were matted with dirt and leaves from the forest.

The once shiny coat of fur was knotted and stains of blood were detected. Chanyeol familiar coat was spotted and he stepped forwards to Suho and Sehun on the face before his large body fell to the ground.

"Easy does it." Suho murmured.

Within seconds, they had transformed and stood up to greet them. Kai reached out and quickly changed into his wet clothes while Baekhyun and Chanyeol tried their best to wipe off any dirt that was left on their bodies.

"Good hunting?" Sehun smiled. "Anything special?"

"Not really." Baekhyun shook his head. "It was all small animals."

"I guess China doesn't have a wide range of wild animals." Chanyeol pouted. "I'm still hungry."

"But the worst part is that we smell like wet dog." Kai winced at the smell. "Literally."

"Wash up once we get back to the hotel." Suho shrugged. "I didn't expect it to rain."

"Yeah." Baekhyun nodded. "But where did you and Sehun go?"

"We walked around the neighborhood a bit." Sehun replied. "Just surveying the area."

"How did it go?" Kai wrapped his arm around Suho's shoulder. "Anything good happen?"

Suho turned to look at Kai and shook his head before smiling. "I don't think so." He quickly brushed off the rest of the members before stepping outside of the forest. He turned to see that the members were trailing after him and he chuckled. "At least not yet."

••••••••••••

'We miss you. We miss you.'

Ga Eun kept rocking back and forth on the floor as those words repeated endlessly in her head. She jumped up in surprise when a loud rumbling was heard. The curtains were wide open and she saw that the sky had darkened and a storm was approaching.

Acting unconsciously, she ran towards the windows and shut the curtains tightly before making sure all the doors were locked. Her eyes landed on the letter and she snatched it up off the ground before heading towards the kitchen.

A drawer was slightly open and she noticed several knives in them. Her fingers grazed them softly before she picked one up and ran towards yher room.

She locked the door and secured it before closing the windows and curtains. The letter was stained but the words were still readable. She traced the words before reading them out loud. Tears began to fall as she began to wipe them away.

Ga Eun,

We waited a long time to find you and by luck we finally did. We're not here to hurt you but rather we just wanted to apologize. All of us. Especially me, Suho. I won't hurt you again. I just need to see you. I just need you to hear what I have to say. That's all. But this is extremely important. The members are angry. And hurt. I don't know what they will do once they get their hands on Luhan and D.O. If you don't come to meet us or reply to us, then they will do something you'll regret. They might hurt the people you love. We wouldn't want that to happen, right? We'll be waiting and watching, of course. We found you and we don't want to lose you.

We miss you. We miss you.

"No." Ga Eun murmured. "This is just a dream. Just a simple dream."

She could hear the storm growing worse as she rocked back and forth. She knew there was no way she would be able to sleep knowing they were here. Herr body shook as she struggled to calm down but images began to flood her mind again. The way blood was on the floor along with nail markings. The pain that shot throughout her body as she struggled to run away.

The yellow eyes that stared back. The howls that echoed in their chests.

"They're coming for me." Ga Eun gasped. "They're here."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

»Okay. So I have received some messages regarding the story. I made a blog post so please check it out regarding this story and Untamed. Remember to leave many comments as well! It lets me know that you guys are actually reading it! ^^