Darkest Hour

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter thirty-six 

 Darkest Hour

 

________________________________________

 

"We're leaving in a few." 

"Is everyone ready?"

Tao turned to look at the members who sat waiting on the nearby benches. He could tell they were anxious and upset but it was only a matter of time before they departed. Their wounds have almost healed but Kyungsoo was still in pain. The small cuts and bruises were still visible all over his body and he tried his best to keep a facade.

Kyungsoo ignored the pain rippling throughout his body.

All he cared was finding Ga Eun and holding her in his arms.

"That's ours." Xiumin grabbed his bag as he heard the final call to board. "We'll be there in less than 3 hours."

"Do you need help?" Chen murmured as Kyungsoo stood up. "You're not fully healed yet."

"No." Kyungsoo weakly smiled. "I'll be better once we land."

"Are you sure?" Lay frowned. "You're taking longer than usual."

'You're losing youre strength because you left the pack.'

Kai's words echoed through Kyungsoo's head as he struggled to keep up with the others. He sighed in defeat when he felt Kris and Tao's strong arms grab hold of him and settle him into his seat. He closed his eyes and waited for the plane to take off. It was only a matter of hours before he would be fully healed.

"I heard you're still in pain."

"I'll get over it soon."

"Of course you will."

Kyungsoo opened his eyes slightly to stare at Kris who sat next to him. Sarcasm practically rolled off his tongue which made him get annoyed. Kris and the others were all fine but Kyungsoo was still fragile.

And he hated it.

"You'll get through it." Kris smiled. "And then everything will go back to normal."

"And then we'll be safe." Kyungsoo yawned. "All of us."

••••••••••••

"How long has he been sleeping?"

"About 5 hours."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun stared at each other in surprise and frustration as the time slowly went by. Suho was still inside his bedroom sound asleep while Kai and Sehun trained outside. Now wasn't the time to relax seeing as how they were so close. They were minutes away from finding Ga Eun and Luhan. Minutes away from taking her back.

"We should have slept some more too." Chanyeol yawned. "We haven't slept in days."

"We'll get some sleep soon." Baekhyun patted Chanyeol's shoulder. "Just a few more hours."

"What are you going to do once you see Ga Eun?" Chanyeol smiled. "I'm going to run my hands through her hair."

"That's disgusting." Sehun laughed. "And so cheesy."

They looked up to see Sehun and Kai step inside the room. Their clothes stuck tightly onto their skin as their sweat ran down their faces. Kai sighed and rested his head on Chanyeol's lap as he began to fall asleep. Meanwhile Sehun began to eat some snacks from the kitchen.

"Then what about you?" Baekhyun called out. "What are you going to do?"

"I'm going to go to sleep and figure out what I will do once we see her." Sehun smirked. "You need to be chic about this."

"Then what about you?" Chanyeol looked down at Kai. "What are you going to do?"

"Nothing." Kai answered without opening his eyes. "Just seeing her in front of me will be enough."

"Now that's cheesy." Baekhyun laughed. 

The members looked up when Suho's door suddenly opened with a soft thud. They noticed the dark circles that dominated Suho's face were practically gone. He was back to the way he used to be: clean clothes, soft silky hair and a soft smile. Suho was prepared for what was to come.

"Did everyone get some rest?"

"Almost." Kai murmured. "We're too excited."

"What about you hyung?" Sehun tossed Suho some snacks. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah." Suho grinned. "I feel better."

"So what do we do now?" Baekhyun waited expectedly. "Should we go on an adventure?"

"They're coming." Chanyeol frowned. "We don't have much time."

"You're right." Suho nodded. "So that's why we should leave now."

"We're finally going to be together again." Sehun jumped up and down. "After so many months.

Suho chuckled to himself as the members stood up and got ready. He could detect their excitement and that made him more nervous. It was only a matter of minutes before you would be standing right in front of him.

"You're right." Suho sighed. "We're going to be together again."

••••••••••••

"Here we are."

"It's so pretty!"

Her eyes sparkled as she stared at the small house in front of her. Unlike the large and mansion-like homes Ga Eun lived in with Luhan, the one she stood in front of was much smaller and whimsical. It was the perfect size for a small family.

"I thought it would be bigger." Luhan frowned. "It's so different from the ones we have."

"I actually like this one more." She smiled. "It feels like home."

Luhan turned to her when she mentioned the word home. He noticed the way her eyes twinkled as she reached out to grab his hand. Luhan knew instantly that this was where he would spend the rest of his life with her. The perfect home for Ga Eun and him.

"Do you like it?" He whispered. "That much?"

"Yeah." She shyly nodded. "It feels like it's ours."

He leaned down and softly kissed her on the lips before crouching down. She squealed in surprise as Luhan lifted her up bridal style and walked inside the house. He chuckled softly as he tried to put Ga Eun down but she kept her hold on him.

"I want to stay like this for a while." She pouted. 

"My arms will fall out." Luhan complained. "You're not exactly small."

"But I thought you were a manly man."

Before Luhan could do anything, his ringing phone broke the silence. He quickly put her down and answered it. A wide smile escaped his lips and he glanced at her with watery eyes. She grabbed the extended phone and sighed when she heard his voice.

"Are you okay?"

"Kyungsoo." Ga Eun breathed. "You're safe!"

"Of course." Kyungsoo chuckled. "I promised to make it out alive."

"And the others? Are they safe?"

To answer her question loud shouts and cheers were heard in the background. She giggled softly as Kyungsoo yelled at them to be quiet.

"I think that answered your question."

"What happened?" She whispered. "Suho has your phone."

"I know." Kyungsoo sighed. "I was so stupid."

"It doesn't matter anymore. As long you and the others are safe."

"Ga Eun, you have to listen to me. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to find you with the phone."

Luhan's ears perked up and he held out his hand. She slipped the cell phone into his hands and waited patiently as they began to discuss some plans. Ga Eun grabbed the nearby backpack and looked through it before the lights to the house turned off. Luhan reached out to grab her and held her in his arms as he ran out of the house. Everything went black as she fell to the floor. 

Ga Eun struggled to sit up until she felt something hot on her neck. Saliva dripped down her neck and she looked up to see a familiar pair of eyes staring back at her. Screams were heard and her eyes widened as Luhan was being dragged off by two wolves. She stood up and ran with all her might to him before flinging her body on top of his. 

"Don't you dare touch him." Ga Eun snarled as she stared at a familiar figure. "Or I'll kill you."

"Why are you acting this way Ga Eun?" He smiled. "We just missed you so much."

"Don't bull me. I know what you're planning."

He crouched down besides her and reached out to brush back her hair. Her body trembled as she kept her eyes locked on his own. Luhan sat up and pulled her behind him to protect her. His eyes began to glow red as a low rumble was heard.

"I recommend to back off before I break that hand of yours." Luhan growled. "Trust me."

"Long time no see Luhan." He chuckled. "You haven't changed much."

He stood up and walked back to the wolf that was standing in front of Ga Eun. She screamed as she felt someone wrap their arms around her. Luhan reached out to grab her but was knocked out when the two wolves grabbed him. She squirmed under his grasp and fell towards the ground as Luhan's figure grew distant. Before Ga Eun could do anything, she felt cold hands on her chin.

"It's time we have a little talk Ga Eun." He smirked. "Just between us."

"Don't touch me." Ga Eun whispered as she secretly slipped the phone on the ground into her pocket. "Let go of me Suho."

••••••••••••

"Hello?" Kyungsoo frantically yelled. "Luhan? Ga Eun?"

"What's going on?"

"I think something's happening! I heard screams."

Kyungsoo turned back to the phone and opened up the tracker for the phone. He handed it to Kris who was driving the car and watched as he slowly nodded his head. The members tensed when he began to drive faster. Xiumin reached back to give Kyungsoo a small pat on the back.

"We're almost there." He mumbled. "Just wait a little bit longer."

"They're safe." Lay smiled. "I'm sure of it."

"Besides, we can always track them." Chen nodded. "That way we can easily rescue them."

"Ga Eun'll will fight back." Tao nodded. "And Luhan will protect her."

The car ride went by fast due to Kris' speed and they quickly hopped out of the car. They ran towards the small house and flinched when they noticed the open door and drops of blood on the ground. The air smelled of wet dog and there was no trace of Luhan or Ga Eun's scent.

"They're not here." Kyungsoo shook his head in disbelief. "They're gone."

••••••••••••

"Are you hungry? Thirsty?"

"No."

"Do you want me to get anything for you?"

"No."

"What do you want?"

"You know what I want."

Suho shook his head in frustration as Ga Eun threw the glass of water he handed to her on the floor. Her hands trembled as she forced herself to remain calm. The other members were gone and so was Luhan. Tears kept running down her face as Suho paced back and forth.

"I just want to talk to you." Suho sighed. "That's all."

"You're lying." She scoffed. "I know what you want."

"And what's that?"

"Me."

"My Ga Eun got smarter." He chuckled. "I missed that about you."

Suho reached out to brush her hair but gasped when she pushed him away and sliced his hand. He looked down to see a shard of glass in her hand and his eyes narrowed. There was something different about Ga Eun the more he looked. There was less fear in her eyes. 

He ignored her burning eyes and grabbed ahold of her. She struggled against him and threw him onto the ground with all her strength. His eyes widened when she jumped on top of him and tried to slice his throat with the glass shard. Ga Eun screamed when the members rushed over and pulled her off of Suho. 

"Put her in the back." He wiped away at the drops of blood on his neck. "And tie her up."

Suho stared after her as she screamed and scratched at the others. She had changed and that was something that made him nervous. It had become harder for them to control her with their strength. But Suho knew there was something that he could use against her.

"Luhan."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

 

»LEAVE COMMENTS GUYS!

I narrowed down the story and the story will most likely end in the next chapter. And guess what that means? No updates! Muhahaha. Just kidding. Or am I? Muhahaha. I was planning on ending it all tonight but I want to keep everyone on the edge of their seats.

COMMENT AWAY! UPVOTE! PLEASE!?