Torn

The Wolves: Hunted

 Chapter twenty-eight 

 Torn

 

________________________________________

 

"What do you mean make them follow you?"

Kyungsoo avoided Luhan's gaze as he made his way towards the stairs. He could hear his footsteps following after him but Kyungsoo managed to get to the bedroom door before being pulled back. His eyes landed on Ga Eun's sleeping figure before he slipped inside the bed with her.

"Kyungsoo." Luhan repeated. "What do you mean by that?"

"Can I have some alone time?" Kyungsoo looked up. "Just some time?"

Luhan turned towards the door and closed it shut. He sat down on the ground and rested his head on the door as he kept an eye out. Luhan closed his eyes and patiently waited for Kyungsoo to come out.

"We don't have much time." Luhan murmured. "Ga Eun doesn't have much time."

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her when he noticed she was shivering. He carefully placed his hand over her forehead and winced when he felt how hot it was. He snuggled closer and rested his head deeper in the crook of her shoulder as tears began to fall.

"Ga Eun?" He whispered. "I'm so sorry they found you."

"Kyungsoo?" Ga Eun mumbled as yher eyes fluttered open. "Where's Luhan?"

"He's outside."

"They found us."

"I heard." Kyungsoo's hold on her tightened. "They left a letter right?"

"Yeah." She sobbed. "They're going to take you and Luhan away from me."

"I won't let that happen." Kyungsoo smiled. "You're going to stay with us for a long time."

Ga Eun turned to look at Kyungsoo and wiped away his drying tears before snuggling deeper into his chest. He ran his fingers through her hair as he began to sing softly. She looked up at him and caressed his face with her fingers.

"We're going to run away right?" She whispered. "All of us."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo's voice trembled. "All of us."

"None of you are going to get hurt right?"

"Of course not. We'll be fine."

"You won't leave me right?" She smiled. "Or else I'll kill you."

"Yah." Kyungsoo forced a laugh. "You know I can't ever leave you."

"Good. Because you and I are supposed to get fat together."

••••••••••••

"What do you mean you left a letter?"

"It's not a big deal."

"Of course it is." Baekhyun snapped. "We were supposed to plan this beforehand."

"There was no point." Suho argued. "If we just burst in on them, Ga Eun would have gotten hurt."

Chanyeol stepped forwards and pulled Baekhyun away from Suho. They had already changed into fresh clothes before making their way towards her house. Kai and Sehun were keeping an eye out to make sure no one would hear them. 

Suho glared at Baekhyun and pushed past him as he walked the final block to the house. He reached back to grab the members and slid behind the nearby bushes to examine the house.

"Is this it?" Kai murmured. "This is where she is?"

"Yeah." Suho nodded. "Are they already inside?"

"Want me to go check?" Sehun stood up. "I'll be quick."

Sehun stepped forwards but was pulled back by Chanyeol. His eyes landed on Suho who shook his head and made him sit back down. They turned back to the house and waited for further orders.

"They're already on alert." Chanyeol whispered. "We can't be too hasty."

"They're probably covering all sides so there won't be a blind spot." Baekhyun sighed. "We're going to have to wait until they make a move."

"There's a forest behind the house right?" Kai asked. "We can enter through there."

"We should go at night." Sehun agreed. "They don't know the forest like we do."

"No." Suho shook his head. "This is their area, I'm pretty sure they know the land more than we do."

"So what do we do?" Kai sighed. "Wait it out?"

"Yeah." Suho nodded. "That's the only option for right now."

"Then we should split up." Chanyeol stood up. "Cover the front and back."

"Okay." Baekhyun nodded. "Sehun and Kai should stay with Suho in case something happens."

"It stopped raining so make sure they don't catch your scent." Suho smiled. "Okay?"

"No problem." Baekhyun and Chanyeol smirked. "We can handle this."

Chanyeol and Baekhyun ran down the street before disappearing around the corner. Kai and Sehun sniffed the air as they settled themselves in the grass. Suho kept his eye on the house and stretched as the lights began to go on one by one inside the house. 

"What are they doing?" Suho murmured. "What are they planning?"

••••••••••••

"Luhan?"

"Hmm?" Luhan rubbed his eyes. "Kyungsoo?"

"Did I wake you up?"

"No. The others were too loud."

Kyungsoo sat down besides Luhan and smiled when he noticed Luhan yawning. He reached out and patted his shoulder to get his attention. Luhan turned to look at Kyungsoo and smiled back.

"Is she still sleeping?" Luhan asked. "I heard her wake up."

"Yeah." Kyungsoo shrugged. "She fell asleep again."

"That's what she needs." Luhan nodded. "She needs to rest or at least try."

"What are the others doing?" Kyungsoo looked towards the stairs. "It's awfully quiet."

"They're planning and getting supplies together."

"Are we leaving tonight?"

"I think so." Luhan sighed. "But they're going to do some rounds to make sure they're not close by."

"Are you scared?" Kyungsoo turned to Luhan. "About what's going to happen?"

"No." Luhan smiled. "As long as Ga Eun is safe then I don't care what happens to me."

"Can you promise me something?" Kyungsoo forced a smile. "It's important."

"What is it?"

"When I leave, make sure she's safe." Kyungsoo blinked back his tears. "If something happens to me, that you won't tell her the truth."

"What do you mean?" Luhan furrowed his eyebrows. "If something happens?"

"I have a plan. They won't find her if I leave."

"Leave where?" Luhan's voice grew more urgent. "Where are you going?"

"Just promise me." Kyungsoo grabbed Luhan's hand. "Promise me."

"I will. But you promise me too."

"What?"

"If something happens to me." Luhan closed his eyes. "I want you to take her away and take care of her. I can only trust you." Luhan glanced at Kyungsoo before wiping away his tears. "After all, you love her as much as I do."

"I promise." Kyungsoo nodded. "I'll take her away."

••••••••••••

"Are you sure?"

"It'll work. At least I think so."

Kris ran his hand through his hair and sighed when he glanced at the members. He looked down at the small map on the table before nodding alongside the members. He turned towards Luhan and threw him a small backpack.

"What's this?" Luhan looked down. 

"It's money, passports and tickets." Kris replied. "I prepared ahead of time. Just in case."

"Tickets to where?" Luhan reached inside the bag and pulled out the plane tickets.

"Korea." Xiumin sighed. "We thought it would be best to go somewhere familiar."

"There's only three." Luhan frowned. "Where are the rest?"

Kyungsoo reached out and grabbed one of the tickets. The members looked in shock when he ripped it in half. The torn paper fluttered to the floor. Luhan's eyes widened in shock as Kyungsoo walked back to the group. Chen reached out for Kyungsoo and wrapped his arm around his shoulder.

"What's going on?" Luhan asked. "What are you doing?"

"We're taking Kyungsoo and leading them elsewhere." Tao answered. "They won't think to look for you for a while."

"It'll give you some time to hide." Lay smiled. "Once they realize what's going on, it'll be too late for them."

"Besides." Chen smirked. "We need the exercise."

"You're going with them?" Luhan glared at Kyungsoo. "This is what you meant by leaving?"

"They know I'm bonded with her." Kyungsoo murmured. "They'll follow me since I can't leave her sight."

"What about Ga Eun?" Luhan snapped. "What do you think will happen to her once she realizes what's going on!?"

"You'll be there to protect her." Kyungsoo smiled. "You're her soulmate."

Luhan opened his mouth to speak when they heard a loud bang on the top of the stairs. They turned to see Ga Eun fall on the ground with tears in her eyes. She kept shaking her head as she gasped out loud.

"You promised me." Ga Eun sobbed. "You weren't going to leave."

________________________________________

 

 

 author's note 

 

»LEAVE COMMENTS GUYS! OR ELSE! TRUST ME, YOU DON'T WANT TO FIND OUT WHAT I WILL DO!! PLEASE!?!?