Sleep

The Time Keeper

"Did you eat yet?" You asked, smiling

Baekhyun stared at you in disbelief, pointing to the breathing tube inside his mouth. You simply shrugged and began to eat, smirking as Baekhyun stared at your dish, his eyes full of longing and disappointment.

"Do you want me to ask them to give you a feeding tube?" You asked, wide eyed

Baekhyun looked up at you and shook his head, glaring before he closed his eyes. You watched as he laid back down, slowly drifting off to sleep. You stared in awe at his delicate fingers, long and soft. You smiled mischieviously as you grabbed your food, lifting it to Baekhyun's nose.

His nose twitched slightly, the alluring scent of food making his stomach grumble. His eyes snapped open as he turned, his eyes burning a hole into your face. You turned away, pretending to watch TV as you began to eat.

"I thought you weren't hungry." You said, shrugging

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and sat up, lightly tapping you on your shoulder as he waited for you to turn around. You leaned closer and waited patiently, watching as Baekhyun took a deep breath.

"Tell me, I understand what you're saying." You said, nodding your head

Baekhyun stared at you in wonder, his light brown eyes gazing at your own. You stood up and leaned closer, nodding your head in anticipation as he smiled at you, raising his hand.

"Why!? It hurts!" You cried out, rubbing your forehead

Baekhyun nodded in satisfaction as he flicked his finger on your forehead again, smiling as you winced in pain. He leaned back and watched as you rubbed your eyes, shaking your head.

"You're so mean." You murmured, sighing

You looked up to see Baekhyun shrug, his face full of innocence as he went back to watch TV. You sat down and placed your arm on his bed, resting your head on your palm.

"Do you want me to leave?" You asked, facing Baekhyun

He nodded his head and watched as you stood up, cleaning the mess you made on his table. You quickly threw the garbage into the bin and waved goodbye at Baekhyun before walking away. You pressed the button for the elevator, tapping your feet as you waited.

*Ring Ring Ring*

You looked down at your purse, rummaging around before you found your phone blinking from a new message. You stared wide eyed before you opened it, smiling as you read the words.

'I'm sorry. You can stay if you want to, but don't tease me with food.'

"Oppa! I'm back!" You called out, rushing back into the room

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"What do you mean she's gone?" Kai asked, wide eyed

He was standing in the front door of your house, a basket of fruit in his hands. He handed it to one of the maids before he headed up the stairs and into your room, frowning as he noticed that you were missing.

Kai sighed as he sat down on your bed, pulling his phone out from his pocket. He quickly dialed your number, rubbing his temples as it went to voicemail. Kai stood up and headed out the door, sliding into his car. He raced to the hospital, knowing that you would be there. Kai reached the hospital and parked, quickly buttoning his suit jacket before he headed into your old room.

"Ji Hyun?" Kai called out, knocking on the door

"I'm not being mean. I just have a weird sense of humor. Some people consider me rude but I find that's what makes me special." You said, chuckling

"Ji Hyun?" Kai asked, stepping inside the room

He stared wide eyed in shock as you stood up, your hand tucked inside the boy lying on the bed. You waved hello and sat back down, redirecting your attention back to what you were doing.

"Why are you here?" Kai asked, frowning

"I was visiting oppa." You answered, shrugging

"Who?" Kai asked, sitting down next to you

"Oppa, this Byun Baekhyun. Baekhyun oppa this is Kim Jongin." You said, introducing them

"Hello." Kai said, bowing

Baekhyun bowed as well and waved hello, unable to talk. You grabbed Kai's arm and pulled him closer, blinking innocently at him before you turned to Baekhyun, smiling.

"This is Kai, he's been friends with me since we were little." You explained

Kai reached out to grab your hand, resting it on his knee as he turned to face Baekhyun. He awkwardly smiled as he held out your hand, showing him the ring that shone on your finger.

"We're getting married soon." Kai said, staring at Baekhyun

You turned to look at Kai, a confused expression on your face before you met Baekhyun's eyes. He looked at you in surprise before he nodded his head, blinking at you. You blinked back at him as well before you shook your head.

"I didn't know he would tell you. It's been planned out since we were born." You said, shrugging

"Is that such a bad thing?" Kai asked, looking at you

"He didn't need to know that." You said, glaring at him

"Why? Were you trying to hide it?" Kai asked, narrowing his eyes

"I wasn't hiding anything." You said, sighing

Kai began to speak when he noticed Baekhyun coughing. You let go of Kai's hand and stood up, fluffing the pillows behind Baekhyun's back before you patted him gently. He reached out to grab your hand, squeezing it gently before he let go, closing his eyes.

"Oppa, should I go?" You asked, worried

Baekhyun slowly nodded and you watched as his chest began to rise and fall slowly, as if he was putting all his energy into breathing. You stood up and patted his hand before walking away, Kai following after you.

Kai watched as you got onto the elevator, yawning as you closed your eyes. As if on instinct, you grabbed his hand and leaned onto his shoulder, your eyelids fluttering.

"Why did you have to be so mean?" You murmured, sighing

"I wasn't being mean. I don't understand why you were even with him." Kai responded, shaking his head

"Because he saved my life." You confessed, smiling softly

"What do you mean?" Kai asked, confused

"He gave me his medication when I needed it. I'm not going to be rude and forget about it." You said, looking up at Kai

"What does that mean?" Kai asked, staring back at you

"I'm going to visit him until he gets better. Besides, he saved me after all. Shouldn't you be glad?" You asked, giving Kai your crooked smile.

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Suho closed his eyes, desperate to get some sleep as he tried to ignore the ticking of the clock. He stood up and laid down on the small bed, the only furniture besides the chair he sat on.

Suho covered himself up, slowly drifting off to sleep as he began to dream aimlessly. He kept picturing your face and Baekhyun's, already knowing the type of relationship you had with him.

But what was Kai's role in it? Why was his switch yellow when it was a perfectly fine green before? Why was he going to die? If he was at all. Who was he to be so important?

Tick. Tock.

Tick. Tock.

Suho sat up and rubbed his eyes, ignoring the throbbing pain behind his eyelids. He stood up and walked to the large clock that hung over the panel, his tired eyes glaring at it. Without hesitation he reached out and turned it off, the background noise slowly disappearing.

Suho gently smiled and went back to bed, closing his eyes as he fell asleep. He pulled the covers over himself and snuggled deeper into his bed.

Suho didn't notice the panel, the way the switches fluttered. The way the three yellow switches turned into a bright green.

Three yellow switches have become...

Three green switches.

♦♦♦♦♦♦

A/N: So here is another chapter! I might not be able to update soon since I have run out of ideas. I might go on a small break since I'm a bit tired. I really appreciate the comments left by some of you and I hope to see more in the future. I will try my best to update but so far, the chances are a bit low. Thanks again! :D