Epiphany

The Time Keeper

"Baekkie, wake up."

Baekhyun stirred in his sleep and turned around, wrapping his arms tightly against something soft. His eyes began to flutter when he felt something move, something warm and soft. He stared wide eyed at the brown eyes that stared back at him. Baekhyun scrambled away before turning to face you, your eyes turned into a crescent moon.

"Did you sleep well?"

"How did-" Baekhyun stammered. "When did-"

"I don't know." You shrugged. "I was too busy sleeping."

You stood up and walked towards the kitchen, stepping over Baekhyun's body which lay splattered over the floor. Grabbing food from the fridge, you began to make breakfast after slipping on Baekhyun's sweater.

"What are you doing?"

"Breakfast."

"Who said you could?"

"Then don't eat it." You turned around. "Starve if you want."

Baekhyun stood up and stepped into the bathroom, stripping down as he took a shower. You grabbed some clothes and began to iron them, humming tunelessly as you juggled cooking and ironing. Once you finished, you hung up Baekhyun's outfit by the bathroom. You finished cooking and set out the table.

"Are you finished?" Baekhyun called out. "I need to grab some clothes."

"I left some by the bathroom door." You answered. "Do you like milk or juice?"

"Juice."

"Okay."

You headed towards the kitchen before turning around, shaking your head in disgust when you noticed the apartment dirty. Rolling up your sleeves, you began to clean. Once you were done, you sat down and waited patiently, a small smile on your face.

"Baekkie!" You yelled. "The food is going cold!"

Baekhyun stepped out of the bathroom and sat down, his wet hair glistening under the sunlight. You reached over and wiped away some of the water before grabbing your spoon. Baekhyun leaned forwards and wiped away the dirt that was on your cheek before he grabbed his spoon as well.

"I can't believe you know how to iron." He chuckled.

"I'm a girl." You snorted. "I was forced to learn."

"The food is good too."

"Of course. I made it."

"What are you going to do today? I work so I can't hang out until later."

"I was thinking of going food shopping." You looked up. "We ran out of groceries."

"Really?" Baekhyun asked. "How much do you need?"

"I don't know. I have to buy cleaning supplies too."

"I'll give you my card. Get what you want."

"Okay Baekkie." You smiled. "Anything I want?"

"Yah!" Baekhyun snapped. "Things for the house."

"Fine."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"You look nice today." Chanyeol smirked. "Going on a hot date tonight?"

"No, Ji ironed the clothes before I left."

"Ji?"

"Yeah, Ji Hyun."

"She stayed with you!?" Chanyeol screamed. "She spent the night at your place!?"

"It's not like that." Baekhyun snapped. "She wanted to stay and it's not the first time anyways."

Chanyeol glared at Baekhyun before turning back to his work. He completely ignored him until the day ended. Baekhyun watched as Chanyeol walked away from him. He sighed deeply before following after him.

"You're not thinking right." Chanyeol sighed. "You're going to get into trouble."

"Why? We're just friends."

"Friends don't spend the night. Friends don't hang out when one of them is engaged. Friends don't mess with each other's feelings."

"You actually think I like her?" Baekhyun asked. "Why can't I?"

"Because she has someone by her side!"

"They're not married yet!" Baekhyun screamed. "She's not taken yet!"

"You don't have a chance!" Chanyeol yelled back. "You and her are from different worlds!"

"And!? Does that even matter!?"

Chanyeol turned around and faced Baekhyun, his eyes filling. He could tell Baekhyun was in denial yet he didn't have the heart to break it to him. Chanyeol tried his best to protect his friend and he was scared something could break that friendship.

"You knew it from the beginning. She's rich and pretty. You honestly think that she would go for a guy who has no money and doesn't have a desirable job?" Chanyeol asked. "What can you offer her when she has everything she wants and needs?"

Baekhyun stared at Chanyeol in stunned silence. He shook his head as he pushed past him, his words ringing in his ears. Baekhyun turned around in time to see Chanyeol walking towards him. Before Baekhyun could stop himself, he leaned forwards and punched in the face. Chanyeol fell backwards and glared at Baekhyun before standing up.

"I don't care about what I have and what she has." Baekhyun said. "Neither should you."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"What the hell is this?"

You stared at the strange looking bottle before setting it back on the shelf. You were shopping for household items as you struggled to carry the groceries you had bought. You leaned forwards and tapped your chin as you debated what to purchase.

"Why is this so complicated?"

You grabbed as many items as you could before paying. You quickly paid and headed back to the house. You had to keep stopping due to the fact that Baekhyun's sweater was way too big on you, forcing you to roll up your sleeves.

You managed to get to the house without crying out in anger. Putting the groceries aside, you began to fix and clean Baekhyun's house before cooking dinner. You heard screaming outside and you ran out, watching as Baekhyun made his way towards you. You ran towards him with a wide smile before you noticed the cuts and bruises on his face.

"Oppa! What happened?"

"Nothing." Baekhyun snapped.

You stepped closer and began to wipe away the leftover blood before grabbing his hand. Baekhyun pulled back and glared at you, looking away as he struggled to control his breathing.

"Oppa, who did this?" You asked. "We should go to the hospital."

"No. I just need to rest."

You watched as Baekhyun headed inside the house before you pulled him back. You stared at him as you felt tears in your eyes. Baekhyun took a deep breath and shook his head, smiling softly. He leaned forwards and stared at you, his eyes narrowing.

"What is it?" He asked. "Why are you crying?"

"Because you won't tell me what happened."

"It's nothing bad. I just had an argument with Chanyeol."

"It's not serious, is it?"

Baekhyun chuckled softly as you began to bite your lips, your hands shaking. He leaned forward and closed his eyes, planting his lips on yours. Your eyes flew open as Baekhyun kissed you, his lips cracked yet so gentle. You rested your hands on his chest before you pulled away.

"I'm sorry." He stammered. "I didn-"

"I have to go." You said before running away.

"Ji! Come back!"

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Is something wrong?"

You looked up to see one of the maids looking at you, her eyes full of concern. You shook your head and smiled before facing the window again. You looked down to see your phone ringing, Baekhyun's name appearing.

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath as you stood up. You slipped inside your bed before you heard a knock on the door. Another maid entered and bowed before letting you know that someone was at the door.

"Who is it?" You asked.

"He wants you to come."

You nodded your head and went downstairs, smoothing out your hair before walking towards the door. Taking a deep breath you opened the door and was pulled into someone's arms.

"Elephant Ji!"

You looked up and shook your head, your eyes locked onto the person in front of you. You were pulled back and you felt thick lips on yours, his voice soft.

"I came back earlier than expected! I wanted to surprise you."

You nodded your head as you stared back in front of you. He stared wide eyed before turning around, his figure growing more distant as he ran away.

"Baekkie." You whispered.

♦♦♦♦♦♦

'Green.'

It was finally green. Suho stared wide eyed at the panel in front of him, the three yellow switches suddenly turning green. He began to pace as his mind practically shut down.

What was going on? Why did they all of a sudden turn green? Why did all of them turn green?

Suho sat down and covered his face, his body slowly growing weaker from trying to figure out what was going on. He had spent the entire day traveling back and forth, his questions slowly being answered.

Byun Baekhyun (23)- He will live if Ji Hyun walks away from his life.

Song Ji Hyun (20)- She will live if she stays with Kim Jongin.

Kim Jongin (22)- He will die if Song Ji Hyun goes to Byun Baekhyun.

Suho stared at the clipboard in his hands before standing up and walking towards the large clock. He closed his eyes as he shut it down, the constant ticking that kept his life in check making him sick.

"What do I do?" Suho whispered. "How will it end?"

♦♦♦♦♦♦

(Author's Note)

So I finally revealed it. I wanted you guys to figure it out but I guess my hints . So what should I do? How will it end? I'm not sure how long the story will be but I will try my best to not mess up. Please leave many comments!