Baekhyun

The Time Keeper

"Sometimes when you meet someone, there's a click. People don't believe in love at first sight but they believe in that click. Recognition."


"Wake up."

"I don't want to."

"Your head is heavy." Baekhyun moaned. "I can't feel my arm."

You looked up to see Baekhyun glaring at you, his arm still wrapped tightly around your waist. He began to laugh as you snuggled closer to him, digging your face into his chest. He leaned closer and rested his head on top of your own, playing with your fingers. You groaned when he stood up. Baekhyun crouched down and kissed you on the forehead before heading to the bathroom.

"It's still early!" You pouted. 

"I have to meet up with Chanyeol and Kris." 

You growled slightly and walked to the small kitchen. Baekhyun had managed to get a bigger apartment for the both of you but it was still small compared to your old house. You began to cook as Baekhyun showered, his voice cracking as he began to sing. Before setting the table, you grabbed his clothes and began to iron them. He stepped out of the bathroom and sat in front of you, his towel dangerously low on his hips.

"Are you upset?"

"No."

"Then why are you cursing under your breath?"

You looked up and smirked slightly. "Because I wanted to play around."

Baekhyun's eyes widened and he changed his position, holding onto his towel. You reached over and began to tug it, giggling mischievously as Baekhyun struggled to get away.

"Yah! Song Song!"

"Baekkie!"

You crossed your arms and sighed as Baekhyun snatched his clothes before running to the bedroom. You quickly set the table and waited for him to come out, his pale pink shirt wrinkle free. He sat in front of you and began to eat, glancing up at you.

"Kris and Chanyeol invited us to come over." Baekhyun cleared his throat. "Do you want to go?"

"Yeah." You smiled. "Kris oppa promised me meat today."

"I'll pick you up after work then."

"Baekkie, should I make something for them? Channie will probably eat everything."

"That's true. He won't leave anything for you."

Baekhyun reached out and patted your hand, his wedding ring shining alongside your own. You glanced down to see the small diamond and smiled as Baekhyun began to play with it.

"I should have gotten you a bigger one." Baekhyun sighed. "I promise you get you a nice one once I have enough money."

"I don't need a big ring."  You frowned. "Just a lot of food. That's all I want."

Baekhyun grinned widely and stood up, holding out his hand as he headed towards the door. You reached out and brushed back his hair, fixing it before closing your eyes. Baekhyun closed the gap and kissed you on the lips as he slipped his shoes on.

"I already set out your lunch and Channie's. Eat all of it, okay?"

"Yeah. I will."

"Make sure Channie eats all of it."

"You should worry more about your husband than Chanyeol." Baekhyun argued. "That's why he likes to sleep over all the time."

"Is my Baekkie jealous?" You gasped. "You like me that much?"

"Forget it." 

You smacked Baekhyun's as he walked out the door. You quickly finished cleaning the kitchen before grabbing your bag. You glanced at your watch as you headed towards the market, swinging your bag around. You bowed at the ahjummas who recognized you. You began to pick vegetables when you had a strange sensation. You looked up and noticed the fish stand in front of you which made you a bit sick. You finished grocery shopping and decided to go to the pharmacy.

"Can I get something for nausea?"

"Yes, one moment please."

You looked around the shop before your eyes landed on something peculiar. The pharmacist returned and smiled, holding out the small bottle.

"Can I also have that please?" You pointed.

"Yes, here you go."

"Thank you."

You headed back to the house and waited, fixing your hair and makeup before cooking dinner. You went to the bathroom and took the pills, rubbing your stomach before you heard the door bell ring. You hid the small item in your hand before rushing towards the door.

"Are you ready?"

"Yeah, I just need to get my jacket."

Baekhyun nodded his head and grabbed the small container in the kitchen. You slipped your arm through his and headed out the door, shivering slightly from the cold.

"How was work today?" You looked up. "Did Channie make fun of your shirt again?"

"He's just jealous." Baekhyun smirked. "He's scared he'll have to live with Kris forever."

"I feel bad for him. Should I introduce him a girl?"

"Maybe you should. He needs to get laid."

You began to laugh and smacked Baekhyun's arm. "That's so mean."

"What? You know it's true."

Baekhyun pulled you closer and turned towards Kris's apartment. He rang the bell and sighed as Chanyeol opened it, snatching the container from his hands. Chanyeol waved at you before heading inside. You giggled as Kris smacked Chanyeol on the head before turning to smile at you.

"I guess I forgot to teach him manners." Kris sighed. "I won't be able to get rid of him."

"Song Song here said she'll introduce him to a girl." Baekhyun laughed. 

"I don't need a girl." Chanyeol snapped. "I'll live with Kris and Baekhyun forever."

"Please don't." You shook your head. "Just stay with Kris oppa."

Chanyeol glared at you before holding his arms out. You walked over and hugged him, straining your neck to look up at him. Kris and Baekhyun pulled the two of you apart. Baekhyun gave Chanyeol a dirty look as he hugged you tightly against his chest.

"Stay away from my woman."

"She secretly wants me." Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "That's why she makes me food all the time."

Kris looked at you before grabbing you, pulling you towards the kitchen. You turned back in time to see Baekhyun and Chanyeol wrestling on the ground. "Are they always like that?"

"Don't even start."

You helped Kris cook the food, your mouth watering as he began to grill the meat. Kris yelled at Chanyeol and Baekhyun to stop before turning to look at you.

"Do you want a drink?"

"No, I don't think I should drink anymore."

"Why?" Kris stared wide eyed. "You drink more than us."

"I'm trying to stop." You winked. "Just for a little while."

"Why?" Chanyeol asked. "Did Bacon force you to?"

"I didn't do anything." Baekhyun smacked Chanyeol's head. "I'm actually nice to her."

"Whatever."

The night continued as Kris and Chanyeol argued while Baekhyun tried to stop them from fighting. You completely ignored them and ate, making sure they wouldn't notice the meat disappearing. In the end, Baekhyun and Chanyeol began to sing and dance while Kris stared at them in disapproval. You danced along with them, laughing as Baekhyun started grinding against you. Chanyeol quickly passed out and Kris helped him to his bed. You grabbed your jacket and waited for Baekhyun to say goodbye.

"Next time you and Channie should come over." You smiled. 

"We will." Kris nodded. "I'll make sure he doesn't drink a lot."

"Just don't invite him." Baekhyun mumbled. "That should be enough."

"Don't be mean to Channie."

"I'll see you soon." Kris smiled. "Have fun at home."

Baekhyun grabbed your hand and headed home, humming softly. You leaned closer to him and rested your head on his shoulder, playing with his fingers.

"Baekkie?"

"What?"

"Which name is prettier? Byun Joo Ri or Byun Ji Hoon?"

"Why?" Baekhyun wrinkled his eyebrows. "Those sound like..."

"I'm not sure if it's going to be a girl or boy but I think those names sound nice."

"Are you...are you pregnant?"

"Yeah." You looked down. "Are you mad?"

"I'm going to be a father!?"

Baekhyun stopped dead in his tracks and lifted you up, laughing and shouting. He stopped and looked at you, his eyes wide and shining. He wiped away your tears and smiled at you.

"I love you."

"I love you too."