Darkness

The Time Keeper

Suho paced back and forth, his eyes glancing at the panel. He sat down when he stared at the switches, his mind and heart racing.

Why had he done it?

Why was he so obsessed?

What made them so special to toy with his heart like this?

Why was he so desperate to save them?

"I'm so sorry." He whispered.

Two switches were green.

One was red.

Suho reached over and lightly tapped the switch, watching as it flickered towards yellow before going to red. He closed his eyes before grabbing the switch, flipping it back on.

Red had turned into yellow.

Yellow turned into red.

Suho opened his eyes and shook his head, his fingers trembling as he stared at the large clock.

Tick Tock.

Tick Tock.

It was only a matter of time before he would see that person standing besides him. Suho was responsible for death.

He was also responsible for life.

"I'm so sorry." He murmured. "It's up to you now."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"How much did you drink?" Mr. Song narrowed his eyes.

"I didn't drink much. I swear."

"Ji Hyun."

"Appa." You winked. "I'm not that type of girl."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course I am."

You stood up and grabbed your sweater, picking up the lunchbox on the table. You waved goodbye before you headed out the door, smiling as you walked towards the gate. You glanced down at the box before walking towards the bus stop.

"I'm pretty sure oppa will like this."

You arrived at the stop before you sat down, placing the box on your lap. You glanced down to look at your watch before you fell to the floor, clutching your chest. You began to cough as you began to shake violently, blood pouring out of your mouth as your eyes closed.

"Someone..." You whispered. "Please..."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Baekhyun stared at his face and yawned as he brushed his teeth. He quickly finished getting ready and slipped his shoes on, stretching as he opened the door. He walked towards Kris's house, deciding to eat breakfast with them.

Within minutes he arrived and slipped inside the house, smirking as Chanyeol screamed as he stepped out of the bathroom. Kris was watching TV before looking up at Baekhyun, waving hello.

"No food at your house?"

"I missed you." Baekhyun pouted. "That's why I'm here."

"If you say so." Kris smiled.

"You should have called!" Chanyeol cried out.

"You never call."

"That's because I'm special that way."

Kris stood up and tossed Chanyeol a sweater, watching as he went to change in his room. Baekhyun sat down on the couch and began to watch TV, waiting for Kris to bring some snacks.

"Did you have fun after we left?" Kris asked. "Suho made it home?"

"I think so." Baekhyun shrugged. "I'm not too sure."

"That's not rude of you at all."

"He's a guy and I'm a guy. I'm sure he managed to get home."

Kris simply nodded his head and tossed Baekhyun a sandwich, turning back to the TV. Chanyeol stepped out and jumped besides Baekhyun, taking a bite from his sandwich before watching TV. They ate in silence before they heard Baekhyun's phone ring.

"Who is it?" Chanyeol glanced towards Baekhyun.

"I don't know." Baekhyun pulled out his phone. "It's an unknown number."

"Answer it." Kris said. "It could be important."

Baekhyun nodded and answered the phone, his eyes flying open as he stood up. He grabbed his sweater and ran out the door, tears in his eyes. Chanyeol and Kris followed after him, ignoring the TV and door as they chased after Baekhyun.

"Baek!"

"What's wrong!?"

"Where are you going!?"

"It's Ji Hyun!" Baekhyun screamed. "It's her!"

♦♦♦♦♦♦

It was dark. Too dark. You opened your eyes and glanced around the empty room. It was too dark yet you could still see. You looked down and noticed the dress you were wearing, a pink lace dress. You looked up to see someone standing in front of you, a clock ticking.

"Hello?"

You began to walk to the person, your hair falling loosely around your shoulders. You reached out and stared wide eyed at the person in front of you, his face blurred.

"What am I doing here?"

"You're dying." He replied. "Technically you're still alive, at least for now."

"Who are you?"

"It's not important."

"I want to go back." You said. "I want to go back home."

"You will. At least I hope so." He said.

"Where am I?"

"The place you want to be right now."

You looked around the room and noticed the small kitchen and bathroom.. You looked down to see the familar blanket and shirt. Pale pink just like your dress.

"Good luck."

"With what?" You asked.

"Just good luck."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Ji?"

"Ji Hyun-ssi?"

"Hyeongsu?"

Your eyes flickered open slightly as you stared at his face. Your eyes began to brim with tears as you reached out. You began to cough and choke on your own blood, spitting it all over yourself.

"Baekkie." You whimpered. "It hurts."

"I'm right here." Baekhyun smiled. "I'm with you."

"I'm so sorry." You glanced at Chanyeol and Kris. "I'm so sorry."

Baekhyun leaned forwards and wiped away your tears, grabbing your hand. He began to sing softly as he brushed back your hair. You smiled softly as you played with his fingers.

'My goddess, oh, who looks as though she lives inside a myth
I fight past the time to find you
I’ve never believed in things that are forever
If I may reach you whom I’ve been wanting so desperately
'

"Baekkie, you're voice is amazing." You murmured. "Hypnotizing."

"Thank you." He murmured.

"Baekkie, I like your shirt."

"It's pink."

"I have one like that."

"I know."

Baekhyun began to chuckle as you reached out to him, squeezing his arms. "Still very manly."

"Of course." Baekhyun smiled. "I'm always manly."

You nodded your head and began to cough, the bed shaking violently. You fell back and closed your eyes, gasping in pain as you held onto your chest.

"Baekkie, I don't want to go."

"I won't let you." Baekhyun pleaded. "You still have to apologize."

"I'm sorry." You began to cry. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. I forgive you."

Baekhyun leaned forwards and kissed you on the forehead, his tears falling. You reached out and began to play with his hair. So soft and silky. You glanced up at him and leaned forwards, kissing his lips softly.

"You were lying to me." You smiled. "Stupid Baekkie."

You closed your eyes and waited patiently. Baekhyun began to shake your hand, only to look up at the monitor. He stared wide eyed as your heartbeat began to slow down before coming to a stop.

"I'm sorry Ji." Baekhyun sobbed. "I didn't mean to lie."
 

(Boogerbrain95 Says;)

What a surprise huh!? So I might rewrite this chapter so don't be surprised if you see this chapter again. I also want to advertise this story and it would mean a lot if you guys could donate some Karma. I won't force or beg but it would be awesome if you did. Please leave many comments my dear readers. Until next time!