Goodbye

The Time Keeper

Loyalty or Love?

It was simply a dream yet it felt so real. The way his arms wrapped so tenderly around you; the way he played with your fingers. It was a dream and you wanted it to be real. No matter what you did, no matter how hard you tried; it came down to one fact. You were in love with Baekhyun.

"I need to go back."

You stood up and ran around the room, looking for a way out. Ignoring the pain, you began to pound on the walls, tears running down your face as you struggled to get out. You felt something warm on your back and you turned around to face him. 

"So you've made your choice?"

"I need to see him."

"Who?" He chuckled. "Baekhyun?"

"I need him to know I came for him. I need him to know that somehow, at some point, I began to love him." You let your tears drop. "I want to see him one last time."

He slowly nodded his head and held out his hand, waiting for you to grab onto it. You did as he expected and watched as he wiped away your tears, his fingers freezing cold. He leaned in closer and squeezed your hand before letting go.

"You've made your choice so I have to make sure you get what you want." He turned away. "I'm sorry for what I have to do now. If you ever change your mind, just close your eyes and whisper my name."

"What are you talking about?" You blinked. "What are you going to do?"

"Remember, close your eyes and whisper my name."

"What is it?"

"Joon Myeon. Kim Joon Myeon."


"Elephant Ji?" Kai murmured. "When are you going to wake up?"

Kai began to rub his eyes, hoping to wake up. He was tired from work and the lack of sleep made it harder for him to stay awake. He kept glancing at your face, looking for any signs of movement. Kai turned around when he heard a soft knock on the door. His eyes grew slightly wider before narrowing.

"What are you doing here?"

"I came to see Ji Hyun." Baekhyun swallowed. "I'm waiting for her to wake up."

"How long have you been here?" Kai looked up. "How long was she with you?"

"What do you mean?"

Kai stood up and headed towards the window, running his hand through his hair. He turned around to face Baekhyun, his eyes dark and tired. Kai took a deep breath and unclenched his hands. "She's different from before. I could tell right away. 20 years together and she still thinks she can hide her emotions."

"She never mentioned anything. I tried to push her away, I tried so hard, but in the end I couldn't let her leave."

"Does she love you back?"

Baekhyun shook his head. "I'm not sure." He smiled softly. "But I do."

Kai nodded his head before turning away. "I don't blame her since it's my fault." He smirked slightly before turning back to look at Baekhyun. "I should have threatened you but I knew it would only makes things worse." Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion as Kai sat back down in front of him. 

"So you already knew about us? About me?" Baekhyun asked. 

"It wasn't that hard to figure out. You didn't hide it very well." Kai shrugged. "I lied to myself because I was afraid of the truth."

"What truth?"

"Elephant Ji loves you." Kai looked away. "She loves you yet she tried her best to remain loyal."

Baekhyun looked up at Kai and examined his face, noticing the dark circles and tired eyes. He turned back to look at your face before brushing away the loose strands of hair that fell onto your face.

"What will you do now?" Baekhyun sighed. "Do you want me to leave?"

"No." Kai shook his head. "I won't do that to her."

Kai smiled at Baekhyun before standing up. He reached over to grab his jacket before looking at your face. Kai closed his eyes and kissed you softly on the forehead before walking towards the door, his body shaking. 

"You should stay."

Kai shook his head. "It's better for you to be with her. Even though it was expected of us to get married, I actually loved her. Or maybe it was the idea of being with her that made me love her." Kai began to laugh. "Besides, she already made her choice and there's nothing I can do about it."

Baekhyun stood up and grabbed Kai's hand, wide eyed at the tears that fell from his eyes. "You should hear it from her. You should be here when she wakes up."

"I'm not going to be like those people who hold on when they don't have a chance anymore." Kai argued. "I'm old enough to let go. I'm old enough to know when to stop trying."

Baekhyun let go of his grip on Kai and watched as he walked away. He stood by the door as Kai waited for the elevator. Kai turned to face Baekhyun before smiling. "Let me know when she wakes up."

"I will."

"Thank you."

Baekhyun stood waiting as Kai got on, noticing him wiping away the tears that fell. He turned around and headed back inside the room before he felt his heart drop.

"Baekkie?"


Kai covered his face as he headed to the garage. Did he make a mistake? Was it wrong to let go so easily? All these thought ran through his head before he shook his head, knowing what he did was the right choice. After all, the game was already lost.

"Ahjusshi is going to be so pissed off." Kai chuckled. 

He grabbed the keys from his pocket as he slipped inside the car. He began to head to the office before stopping on the side of the road. Kai began to pound the steering wheel as he screamed, ignoring the tears that slipped down his face.

The game was already lost yet why did he feel this way. He opened his eyes as he started the car again, ignoring the traffic. Kai turned to head towards his house before closing his eyes.

*Bang*

Glass shattered everywhere.

Blood on the ground.

A ring lying beside a smashed car.


"Song Song?"

"Is that my new nickname?"

Baekhyun blinked back tears as he reached out, his hand latching onto yours. You blinked up at him before you began to play with his fingers. He rested his head on your lap and you brushed back his hair to stare at his face.

"I missed you." Baekhyun whispered. "I waited for a long time."

"I'm sorry." You smiled. "At least I came back."

Baekhyun looked up and nodded. "You came back."

"Baekkie, I came back to tell you something." You took a deep breath. "I was so scared because there was a chance I wouldn't be able to see you again."

"What is it?" Baekhyun felt his heart stop. "What do you want to tell me?"

"I wanted to tell you that I loved you. That I still do and I don't think anything can change that."

Baekhyun sat up and stared at your face. He extended his hand and brushed away your tears. He kissed you softly on the forehead before placing his hands on either side of your face.

"I love you too."