Waiting

The Time Keeper

"Hi."

"Hi oppa."

You stared at Kris as he opened the door, inviting you inside. You smiled softly as you slipped out of your shoes and you ran towards the couch, crossing your legs in anticipation.

"Want something to drink?" Kris asked

"Not really. I'm not that thirsty."

"Okay then."

Kris grabbed some water and sat down in front of you, resting his back against the center table. You waited patiently for him to speak, watching as he kept drinking from the water bottle. He smiled when he noticed your annoyed expression.

"Why am I here?" You asked. "Why did you call me here?"

"Why did you come?" Kris replied. "Why didn't you say no?"

"Because you wanted to talk."

"But you know who I wanted to talk about."

"And?"

"And?"

"Oppa!" You snapped. "I'm going home."

You stood up and walked towards the door, stepping over Kris's long legs. Kris stared after you before standing up, his voice full of anger and desperation as he called you back.

"He's beginning to drink."

You turned around and stared at Kris, wide eyed. "What do you mean?"

"He stopped drinking a few years ago." Kris shrugged. "He started yesterday."

"Is it because of me?"

"I'm not saying it is or isn't. I just thought you should know."

"Why are you telling me this?" You asked. "Why did you call me over?"

"I think you should analyze your relationship with Baekhyun." Kris looked away. "You should figure out what he means to you."

"I don't know. I don't want to think about it."

"Maybe you should start."

"Did he say anything?" You asked. "Did he say anything about me?"

"You should hear it from him." Kris sipped his water. "It's better if you talk to him about it."

"I have to go. I need to get some sleep."

"Goodbye Ji Hyun-ssi."

"Goodbye oppa."

"You look nice in that sweater by the way."

You looked down to see Kris smirking at your sweater. You began to blush when you realized that you were still wearing Baekhyun's sweater. Kris watched as you began to run away, covering your face.

"Bunch of idiots." Kric chuckled. "All of them."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Baby don't cry!"

"Tonight!"

"Don't cry!"

"Cry!"

"Tonight!"

"What the hell are you doing!?"

Kris stared wide eyed at Baekhyun and Chanyeol as they pushed their way into his apartment, soju bottles in their hands. Baekhyun and Chanyeol began to sing again, their words incoherent as they held onto each other.

"Hyung!" Chanyeol yelled. "What are you doing here!?"

"I live here."

"Hyung!" Baekhyun laughed. "You're so tall!"

"I've always been tall." Kris sighed. "Why are you guys even here?"

"I don't know." Chanyeol hiccuped. "We just thought about you."

"We need more!" Baekhyun screamed. "We need more soju!"

Kris stepped forwards and grabbed the bottles from Baekhyun's and Chanyeol's hands before dumping the contents down the sink. He turned to see them staring at him in mock horror before they burst out laughing. Baekhyun and Chanyeol sat down on the floor before falling asleep, their snores piercing the silence. Kris grabbed a blanket from his closet and threw it on top of their bodies, wrinkling his nose in digust as he smelled the alcohol reeking from their bodies.

"The I have to put up with." Kris chuckled.

He headed to his room before turning around, hearing Baekhyun's phone ringing. Kris reached out and smiled once he saw the number. He quickly rejected the call and chuckled.

"Bunch of idiots. I swear they're both idiots."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Oh, he rejected my call."

You began to pace outside Baekhyun's apartment, glancing at his door every now and then. You stepped closer and knocked on the door, hoping he would open it.

"Oppa?" You called out. "Are you in there?"

You began to shiver as the breeze grew colder, forcing you to wrap your arms around you tightly. Glancing at your phone, you began to call a different number, your teeth chattering.

"Hello, how can I help you?"

"Yes, hello. I accidently locked myself out of my apartment. Can you please come and open it for me?"

You hung up and smiled mischiveously as you looked at Baekhyun's door. Raising your foot as high as you can, you kicked the door hoping Baekhyun would hear you.

"Baekkie! Open the door!"

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Oh god. Someone help me."

"Here's some water."

Baekhyun looked up to see Kris holding out a glass of water, a smirk on his face. He gulped down the water before lying back down, holding onto his head. Chanyeol kept snoring and wrapped his leg around Baekhyun's body.

"What happened last night?" Baekhyun asked.

"You got drunk." Kris snapped. "Again."

"Chanyeol made me."

"I'm sure he did."

"Are you mad?"

"A little bit."

"I won't drink again." Baekhyun smiled. "I promise."

"I'm sure you won't." Kris nodded. "I'll keep Chanyeol away."

"Thanks."

Baekhyun crawled away from Chanyeol before standing up, coughing as he struggled to catch his breath. He turned away from Kris's curious eyes and popped his medication, holding onto his chest.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I guess I'm still hungover."

"Hungover my ."

"Stop yelling." Baekhyun moaned. "My head hurts."

"I'm not yelling."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm not yelling!" Kris laughed.

"Shut up!" Chanyeol screamed. "You're going to wake everyone up."

Baekhyun walked away as Kris began to drag Chanyeol to his room, their voices loud and annoying. He grabbed some food before heading out the door, laughing as he heard Kris and Chanyeol arguing.

Baekhyun made his way towards his apartment, wincing as he smelled his clothes. He finally made it home without tripping or falling and yawned as he stepped inside. Baekhyun took off his shoes and was about to lie down when he screamed loudly, landing on his back.

"Where did you go? I was waiting for you all night."

"What the hell are you doing here!?"

"Stop screaming!"

"You stop screaming!"

"Baekkie!"

"Ji Hyun!"