Strange

The Time Keeper

"You're back."

You looked up to see the strange man, his face still blurred slightly. He sat down and looked up at you, his face turned to stare at your dress. You sat back in front of him and waited, your hands shaking.

"Why am I still here?"

"I don't know."

"I want to go back." You murmured. "I want to see him."

"Who?"

"What do you mean?"

He stood up and began to pace. "I mean who do you choose."

"Choose?"

"Baekhyun or Jongin?"

"I have to choose?"

He stopped and turned to face you, shaking his head slightly. "We always have to choose."

You shook your head and stood up. "Why am I here? Why do I have to choose? Why can't I go back?"

"Because life isn't fair." He chuckled. "Life screws you over."

"I want to go home." You felt tears drop. "I want to go back."

"You're lucky you know. You managed to get both."

"What? What did I get?"

"Your  soulmate and someone you fell in love with."

Before you could say anything, you watched as he sat back down. You stepped forwards before he began to fade. He looked up at you and sighed.

"Good luck."


'We managed to bring her back but her heart is too weak. We ran some tests and she hasn't been taking her medications. She might not have a lot of time left. I'm sorry.'

Baekhyun stepped inside the room and sat down, resting his head in his hands. He looked up to see Kris and Chanyeol standing, their eyes locked on his face.

"What?" Baekhyun asked. "What's wrong?"

"How are you feeling?" Kris sat down. "Do you want to take a break?"

"I'm fine."

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol sighed. "You haven't slept in a while."

"Yeah I'm sure."

Chanyeol nodded and left, grabbing his jacket along the way. Kris stood up and smiled at Baekhyun before following after him. Baekhyun stood up and grabbed a chair, sitting besides your bed. He grabbed your hand and began to play with your fingers, glancing up every once in a while before closing his eyes. 

"I miss you."

Baekhyun shook his head and sniffled slightly.

"Why aren't you yelling at me?"

He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"When are you coming back?"

Baekhyun stood up and leaned forwards, resting his lips on your forehead. He stood up and walked out the door, heading to the nearest exit before stopping. Baekhyun crouched down and began to cough, holding onto his chest in pain. He stood up and headed back towards the room before stopping still.

"Elephant Ji? Wake up. Please."


Kai stood staring at the clock on his desk watching as the hands moved ever so slowly. He stood up and walked towards the window, staring at the city in front of him. He began to yawn as he rubbed his stomach, wincing every time it grumbled. 

"Elephant Ji should be coming soon." Kai murmured.

He reached out for his jacket when his phone rang. Kai grabbed it and answered, smiling widely as he waited. He stepped back in shock and dropped his phone before running towards the door. Without a moment of hesitation he ran towards his car and headed towards the hospital. Within minutes  Kai arrived and ran inside, ignoring his car before heading to the front desk.

"Song Ji Hyun. Where is she?" Kai gasped. 

"One moment please."

"Hurry up!"

Kai glared at the secretary before running towards the elevator. He got out and stood still in front of the door, gasping as he struggled to catch his breath. Slowly he stepped inside, his eyes landing on your face. Kai hesitated slightly as he shook his head, noticing the various tubes and lines that were attached to your body.

He sat down and looked away, brushing away his tears with his fingers. He reached out and grabbed your hand, brushing it softly before looking up. Kai noticed the way your struggled to breathe, your chest rising and falling at an incredible rate. He stared at your hands and began to breathe softly on them, desperate to warm you up.

"Elephant Ji? Wake up. Please."

Kai began to cry, his tears staining your cold hands. He looked up to see the doctor by the door and he stood up. Kai quickly bowed and shivered slightly. "How is she?"

"Her heart stopped. We barely managed to save her. Her heart is too weak to function on it's own." The doctor murmured.

"Why so soon?" Kai asked. "She was taking medications. That should have been enough."

"Ji Hyun-ssi stopped taking her medications. We didn't find any sign that she was taking them."

Kai blinked in surprise and shook his head. "That's impossible. Ji Hyun wouldn't do that."

"Are you sure?"

"What do you mean?"

"Are you sure you know her well enough to think that?" The doctor sighed. "Are you sure this isn't what she wanted?"


"Why haven't you left yet?"

"You're the one keeping me here."

You looked up to see him standing in front of you. He shrugged and sat down on the bed. You sat across from him and crossed your arms, glaring as he played with his fingers.

"Have you decided already?"

"Why should I?" You snapped. "Why are you making me choose?"

"Because there can only be one winner."

"And one loser?"

He looked up and chuckled. "Precisely."

"What happens then?" You snorted. "What happens to them?"

"What do you think?"

"It doesn't matter what I think. You already have an answer."

He stood up and tapped his foot before turning around. "I'm giving you a chance. I'm giving you a way to change your fate and theirs."

"How?"

"You can choose a life of loyalty or a life full of love."

"I want both." You cried. "I want them both in my life."

"It doesn't work that way. Nothing works out the way you planned."

"So it's either Kai or Baekhyun. If I choose one what happens to the other?"

He sat down and turned to face you. "When there is love, there is pain."

You stood up and looked around the room before closing your eyes. "I won't let that happen."

"I can help you. Want me to show you?"

"Show me what?"

He sighed softly. "Kai and Baekhyun."