Date

The Time Keeper

"What did Ji Hyun say?" Baekhyun asked. "Is she alright?"

"Yeah." Chanyeol nodded. "She's fine."

"What did you do?" Kris glared. "What did you say to her?"

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol asked. "What did I do?"

Kris sat down and shook his head, his hands clenched tightly around the menu he was holding. Baekhyun frowned as he sat down besides Kris, his eyes wandering over his shirt before he looked towards Chanyeol. He could feel the tension between Kris and Chanyeol but decided to ignore it.

"That's a nice shirt." Kris smirked. "Did Hyeongsu get it for you?"

"Oh, this?" Baekhyun blushed. "She thought it would look nice on me."

"Can you stop calling her that?" Chanyeol rolled his eyes. "She's not our Hyeongsu."

"You were the first one to call her that." Kris pointed out.

"Well I made a mistake."

"What's going on?" Baekhyun asked. "Why are you guys arguing?"

"Are you dating her?" Chanyeol looked up. "Are you with Ji Hyun-ssi?"

"Why do you ask?"

"Just answer the question."

"We're just friends."

"It doesn't seem like it."

"If you have something to tell me, then do it." Baekhyun snapped. "Stop avoiding it."

"You should stop seeing her." Chanyeol sighed. "She's engaged to someone else."

"It doesn't mean she's married." Kris argued, rolling his eyes.

"So you think you have a chance with her?"

"I never said I did." Baekhyun said. "We're just friends."

"Are you sure?" Chanyeol asked. "What if she falls for you? Or even worse, what if you fall for her?"

"You're exaggerating."

"Am I?"

"Let's talk about this later." Kris interrupted. "We need to eat first."

"I'm not hungry anymore." Baekhyun stood up. "I'll see you guys around."

Kris turned to look as Baekhyun walked out of the restaurant. He turned to face Chanyeol who was busy eating his food. Kris shook his head as he smacked Chanyeol on his head, forcing him to look up. Chanyeol glared at Kris before going back to his food, his hand trembling slightly.

"Look at what you did."

"What?"

"You got him angry."

"And?"

"Let him figure it out on his own." Kris said. "He'll find out what he needs to do soon enough."

"I'm just worried about what will happen." Chanyeol replied. "They're two worlds apart."

"I know. But maybe that's what will make it work."

"I hope so."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"What are you doing?" Kai asked. "Are you bored?"

"No, I'm just saving up my energy."

"I'm sorry I'm not home. I should be back in 3 days."

"What about you?" You rolled over. "Are you having fun?"

"Not really. Unless you consider watching to see who will win in a walking contest between old people."

"That's mean."

"I'm serious." Kai chuckled over the phone. "This business trip is ridiculous."

"Is Ahjusshi having fun?"

"Dad? Not at all. He keeps making bets on who will croak first."

"Are you serious?" You laughed. "He's worse than you."

"I'm not all that bad." Kai snorted. "How are you feeling by the way?"

"Better. Just a bit more tired than usual."

"I have to get going. I have a meeting in a bit. I'll call you once it's done."

"Yeah, don't worry."

"I love you." Kai murmured.

"See you soon." You replied before hanging up.

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Baekhyun shook his head as he stared at the ground in front of him. He twirled his phone between his hands, biting his lips as he debated whether to call. Baekhyun stood up and pushed his sleeves up, his firm forearms glistening. He quickly pressed a button and began to pace, his steps loud.

"How are you feeling?"

"Baekkie?"

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing in particular." You replied. "Why?"

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something with me."

"Like what?"

"Whatever you want."

"Okay."

"Okay what?" Baekhyun asked. "Is that a yes?"

"Of course that's a yes." You chuckled. "Where should I meet you?"

"I'll pick you up."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Oh! You're wearing my shirt." Baekhyun exclaimed

"It's my shirt." You blushed. "It's similar to yours."

"The one you mentioned before. I forgot."

"Yeah. I didn't have any other clothes."

"Right."

"So where are we going?" You stammered. "Is Kris or Chanyeol coming?"

"No, it's just us."

You slowly nodded your head as you stepped closer to Baekhyun. He smiled softly as he watched you walk beside him. You glanced down at your outfit: a simple patterned skirt, flats and the pink shirt that matched Baekhyun's. You looked up to see Baekhyun holding a car door for you.

"I thought it would be nice to go on a walk." He smiled. "We can eat along the way."

"That sounds nice." You blushed. "Whatever you want."

Baekhyun waited until you slid inside before he followed after you. He quickly ordered the taxi to go and stared out the window, his palms slowly getting sweaty. You began to fan yourself as you stared out the window as well.

"Are you hungry?" Baekhyun asked. "What do you want to eat?"

"How about some noodles?" You asked. "Or some meat?"

"Yeah sure."

"What do you want to eat?"

"Anything you want."

"Oh...are you trying to act manly?"

"No, why?"

You leaned in closer and pulled Baekhyun's shirt up. You smiled as you stared at his warm and defined stomach before he pushed you away. You felt his arms and slowly nodded your head in satisfaction.

"There's no need to be manly." You chuckled. "You are manly."

"Again?" Baekhyun sighed. "Can you seriously stop touching me?"

"Why? You're special to me."

"Would you like it if I... nevermind. Just forget it."

"What? You want to touch me too?"

"I never said that!"

"You didn't have to."

You laughed as you got out of the taxi, heading towards the river. Baekhyun followed after you after he paid, a frown on his face. You waited for him before you slipped your arm between his own, a wide smile on your face. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he began to walk, ignoring the blush that was forming.

"You smell good." You looked up. "Very manly."

"Of course. I smell better than some people."

"Are you trying to start something?"

"I don't know. Should I?"

Before you could reply, you heard someone call out Baekhyun's name. You watched as he turned around, a wide smile on his face as he bowed. You looked up to see someone familiar standing in front of you, his dark hair even darker against his pale skin.

"Baekhyun-ssi? It's a surprise to see you here."

"Hello Suho-ssi! What are you doing here?"

"I was just in the neighborhood." He said, smiling. "I guess fate keeps interfering."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

(Author's Note)

I am finally back with another chapter! I really hope you are enjoying the story! Updates will be a bit slower since I have to sneak into my brother's room to use his computer. I will try my best to update as soon as possible so please leave many comments :D