Kai

The Time Keeper

"We become attached to what's familiar, and sometimes we hold onto things that are safe and predictable, even if it's bad for us."


"Elephant Ji!"

"Yah! Stop calling me that!"

Kai began to chuckle as you pushed him around, kicking him in his as you laughed. He leaned forwards and kissed you lightly on the cheek before heading towards the kitchen.

"Have you been feeling well?" Kai looked at you. "You're not sick at all?"

"No." You shook your head. "I'm just sleepy."

"Of course you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing at all." Kai smirked. "I'm not saying anything."

You slowly nodded and headed towards your bedroom. You slipped into more comfortable clothes and looked up to see the large picture frame that hung on the wall. The white wedding dress paled in comparison to your skin color whereas Kai looked handsome in his dark suit. You grabbed your sweater and walked towards the kitchen, sliding on the marble floors of your apartment.

"What are you doing today?" You rested your head on the counter. "Anything fun?"

Kai turned around and shrugged. "The usual."

"Of course."

Kai turned back to the stove and placed a bowl in front of you before sitting down. You grabbed your spoon and began to eat while Kai began to read the newspaper. He looked up to see you pouting in silence. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. It's just quiet."

"Really? Is that bad?"

You shook your head. "No, I don't think so."

"What do you want to do then?" Kai smiled. "Karaoke? The beach?"

"But you're working all the time. It's not like you can skip it whenever you want."

Kai stood up and walked towards you, resting his head on yours as he gave you a hug. He wrapped his arms around you and began to write his name over your stomach.

"I'm sorry. I've been getting a lot of work lately."

"I'm not complaining." You chuckled. "You're finally doing something else besides partying."

"Yah! Elephant Ji!"

"Yah! Kim Jongin!"

You stood up and chased after Kai, laughing as he bumped into a corner. He reached out and grabbed your legs, forcing you to land on top of him. You stared wide eyed as he brushed back your hair, his face dangerously close. He closed the gap and kiss you softly on the lips, wrapping his arms around your waist. You pulled away and blushed deeply as Kai began to nimble your ear.

"Should I just not go to work?" He murmured. "We can play all day."

"Oppa!" 

You scrambled from his grasp and stared at him in confusion. You began to fan yourself as you brushed your hair back. Kai sat up and turned to face you, a smirk on his face.

"Shouldn't you get ready?" You stuttered. "You have to leave soon."

Kai sighed as he stood up, holding out his hand as he glanced at you. You grabbed onto it and he pulled you up, wrapping his arm around your waist as smiled at you. Kai quickly let go of you and headed towards the bedroom, changing into a suit. You followed after him and pulled the tie out of his hand, your fingers delicately brushing his neck.

"Will you be late?"

"I'm not sure. I have to wait and see."

You nodded and smiled. "Should I wait for you or eat by myself again?"

Kai sighed and bowed his head. "Are you trying to make me feel guilty?"

"I haven't even started."

"I'm sorry."

Kai kissed you on the forehead before walking out the door. You ran towards the kitchen and grabbed the small lunchbox that was inside the fridge. You caught up with Kai as he slipped his shoes on.

"I made you lunch!"

Kai looked at the box and awkwardly smiled. "I'm having a company dinner."

"Oh." You nodded. "That's fine. I can eat it myself."

You leaned closer and kissed Kai on the cheeks as he headed out the door. He waved at you before he disappeared. You closed the door and turned to face your apartment, sighing as you sat down on the couch. Grabbing the remote, you began to watch TV. The day dragged on, forcing you to clean and find entertainment elsewhere. You quickly changed and slipped outside, heading to the nearby park. 

"Should I go visit Appa?" You murmured.

You headed to your old house, only to find out your father was at work. There were many options to choose from and you decided to go shopping for food, hoping you wouldn't have to eat alone again. You quickly decided on a menu and picked the ingredients. Walking back home, you noticed several couples strolling around.

"That's right. I shouldn't get jealous."

You slipped inside your apartment and began to cook, glancing at the clock every now and then. Once you finished, you grabbed your book and slipped inside your bed. You managed to finish it before looking at the time, sighing as you headed back to the kitchen.

"I should have known." You snorted.

You finished eating and cleared the table, putting away the leftovers before going to bed. You slipped off your wedding ring and got ready for bed, your once long hair cut short. You closed your eyes as you covered yourself with the blanket. You quickly fell asleep before feeling something soft on your head.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Did you eat yet?"

"Yeah, I ate the leftovers."

Kai kissed you on the head again before slipping in besides you, his cold hand making you shiver as he placed it on your cheek. Your eyes fluttered slightly open as Kai adjusted himself on the bed.

"Good night elephant Ji."

"Night oppa."


(Boogerbrain95 Says;)

So sorry for the lack of updates. I will try my best in the future. Don't forget to leave many comments and upvote. I will post Baekhyun's either later today or tomorrow. I also want to advertise this story and it would mean a lot if you guys could donate some Karma. I won't force or beg but it would be awesome if you did.