Epilogue

The Time Keeper

"I hope one day you find someone who makes flowers grow in even the saddest parts of you."


"Song Song?"

"What is it Baekkie?"

"We have to wake up."

"I don't want to." You smiled as you wrapped your arms tighter around Baekhyun's body. He did the same and pulled you closer to his body. Running his hand through his hair, he began to sing softly. Your eyes fluttered open and you stared at his face. His eyes were a crescent moon as he smiled. You reached out to touch his soft pink lips. Baekhyun's eyes opened as he snapped his teeth and watched as you fell off the bed.

"Baekkie!?" You growled. "It hurts!"

"I told you to wake up." Baekhyun smirked. "It's already late."

You rolled your eyes and grabbed Baekhyun's leg, using all your strength to pull him down. He screamed in surprise as he landed besides you, protecting your body from getting hurt. He turned to face you and frowned as you rolled away from him.

"It's Saturday!" You complained. "Everyone wakes up late."

"Well I don't. Besides, Chanyeol wants to come over for lunch."

"Why? I thought he would never leave Kris by himself."

"Apparently your food is- and I quote- 'made from the heavens above'." Baekhyun smirked. "Chanyeol's getting fat because of you."

"That's his problem." You sat up. "It's not my fault that I am a master chef."

Baekhyun headed towards the kitchen, pulling you along. The apartment was nothing compared to your old home but it was still large enough for you two. It had been a present from your father once you told him what you decided to go to school for. You had just started medical school and you were studying to be a doctor. Baekhyun fully supported you and was in business school as well. Your father had offered him a position in his company and he ended up quiting his job as a construction worker.

"When is he coming?" You stared at the open fridge. "What do you want to eat?"

"Whatever you make." Baekhyun smiled. "I like whatever you make."

"Really? I thought you didn't like eating someone else's food."

"I made an exception."

You closed the fridge and opened a cabinet, hiding your reddening cheeks. You reached out to grab a medicine bottle before turning back to Baekhyun. Wordlessly, you handed it to him and watched as he swallowed a pill.

"How are you feeling?" You murmured. "It doesn't hurt anymore, right?"

"I'm fine." Baekhyun patted his chest. "I'm good as new."

"I'm still angry at you for not telling me."

"I'm still sorry about that."

"I just want you to stay with me." You sighed. "Even if you get fat or lose your jokes, I still want you to be by my side."

"I won't ever lose my jokes." Baekhyun pouted. "I'm still going to make you laugh."

"We'll see about that."

Baekhyun turned to see Chanyeol running into the kitchen, his arms wide open. You opened your arms and laughed as he picked you up, spinning you in the air. Baekhyun ran over and pulled you away, growling at Chanyeol before he sat down.

"Yah!" Baekhyun protested. "You can't do that anymore!"

"Ji Hyun doesn't seem to mind." Chanyeol snapped. "Right Hyeongsu?"

"Yeah." You chuckled. "I don't mind at all."

"Are you serious?" Baekhyun frowned. "You can't be serious."

"I am." You shrugged.

"Guess who I brought!?" Chanyeol interrupted. 

"Who?" Baekhyun asked.

"Hi."

You looked up to see Kai standing by the doorway, rubbing the back of his neck. He was wearing a thin sweatshirt and dark jeans. Chanyeol ran over and pulled him towards the table, forcing him to sit down.

"Oppa!" You smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"I was shopping for food and he dragged me here." Kai answered, pointing at Chanyeol.

"He looked so lonely so I brought him here." Chanyeol smiled. "I did a good job, right?"

"Not really." Kai shook his head.

"I was just making lunch." You clapped your hands. "What do you want to eat?"

"Anything." Kai smiled. "I'll eat anything you make."

"Good."

"Why didn't Kris come?" Baekhyun asked. "He usually comes with you."

"He's busy apparently."

"Really?"

"Yeah, something work related."

"Oppa, how's the company doing?" You turned from the stove. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's the same." Kai shrugged. "Except appa is going crazy setting up blind dates."

"Really?" You smirked. "No one's good enough for you."

"Let's just say their looks are the only thing that's going for them." 

"Ahh...I see."

You quickly finished cooking and set the table up. Kai helped you pass out the food and sat in front of you, leaving a seat for Baekhyun. Chanyeol began to eat, ignoring Baekhyun's protests. He looked up to hand Kai a spoon and forced him to eat as well. Lunch went by with Chanyeol cracking jokes and playing around with Kai and Baekhyun. Kai would look up at you in defeat everytime Chanyeol smacked him as he laughed. You covered your mouth as Kai pretended to laugh, smacking Chanyeol hard.

"Oppa!" You laughed. "That's mean."

"What?" Kai innocently asked. "What are you talking about?"

"Nothing."

"Good."

You stood up and cleared the table, sighing as Chanyeol dragged Baekhyun away. You began to wash the dishes when you felt someone stand besides you. You looked up to see Kai slipping on an apron and gloves. He smiled at you as he helped you with the dishes. The two of you didn't speak before you spoke up.

"How are you feeling?"

"Fine." Kai murmured. "And you?"

"I'm good."

"That's nice to hear."

"This is awkward." You turned towards Kai. "Why are we acting this way?"

"You find it awkward." Kai smirked. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Of course."

Kai leaned closer and grabbed your hand. He brushed your hair back before pulling away with a smile on his face. He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small necklace. Kai quickly clipped it around your neck and stood back.

"A small present." He whispered.

You looked down to see two small rings. A grey one and a light blue one. "It's our..."

"Old couple rings." Kai finished. "I didn't want to keep them in the closet anymore."

"I'm sorry." You whispered. "I'm so sorry."

"Don't be. Our elephant Ji managed to grow up."

"Yah!" You yelled. "I told you to stop!"

"Make me!" Kai laughed.

Kai ran away and grabbed Chanyeol's arm, forcing him to stand in front of him. Baekhyun stood by your side and helped you push them out the door before locking it. You could hear Kai and Chanyeol laugh as they ran away. 

"Finally." Baekhyun sighed. "I thought he would never leave."

"Me too."

Baekhyun reached out and grabbed your hand, pulling you onto the couch. He the TV and sat down, sliding closer to you. You began to play with his fingers when you abruptly stopped. Baekhyun turned to look at you and chuckled. 

"I kept my promise didn't I?"

You looked down to see a diamond engagement ring on your finger. Baekhyun held the old one in his hand and began to slip it into his pocket before you snatched it out of his hand. Before he could say anything, you took off your necklace and slid it in with the other two.

"I want to keep it." You whispered. "I want to keep it with the others."

"Okay." Baekhyun nodded. "I understand."

You grabbed Baekhyun's face and frowned slightly. Baekhyun brushed back the few stands of hair that blocked your view and waited patiently for you to speak. His eyes widened slightly as you smashed your lips against his.

"Pabo." You chuckled. "It's not big enough."

"Then you're just going to have to wait."

"I don't mind."

"Good." Baekhyun smiled. "Because it's going to take a long time."


"Where am I?"

"You're here."

"Who are you?"

"I'm Suho. And you?"

"Zhang Yi Xing."

"Yi Xing?" A chuckle was heard. "That's a nice name."

"Why am I here?" His voice shook as he repeated his words. "Where am I?"

"You got a second chance." He whispered. "You got to stay."

"Stay where?"

"Here."

Suho stood up and grabbed the jacket by the door. He turned to face the boy who had just arrived. His light blonde hair was even brighter compared to Suho's. His eyes were bright and clear. He was young. Too young to have died. Suho reached out and handed Yi Xing the clipboard in his hands.

"You're going to need this." He murmured. "It's your job now."

"What do you mean?" Yi Xing asked. "What job?"

"A Time Keeper." Suho smiled. "You're now a Time Keeper."

Yi Xing looked down at the list of names before looking up. His eyes landed on Suho's as he slipped his jacket on. Suho grabbed the door handle and waved at him as he opened it.

"Where are you going?" Yi Xing called out. "Why are you leaving?"

"I can't stay anymore." Suho shrugged. "I can't stay."

"Why not?"

"Because I let some people leave." He sighed. "I let them go."

"I don't understand." Yi Xing blinked.

"You will." Suho smirked. "You'll find out soon enough."

Suho took a deep breath as he closed the door behind him, leaving the boy behind. He stared wide eyed at the dark waters of the Han river before closing his eyes. His body began to shake as he felt himself slowly disappear, his body dissolving.

"For every life lost, one is born." Suho muttered. "For every life born, one is lost."


Tick Tock. 

Tick Tock.

"254 are dead." Yi Xing murmured. "168 are born."

He looked up to see the panel brightly lit with green switches. The clock kept ticking as he crossed out names and turned off switches. His days passed by quietly without any incident. Yi Xing began to yawn and stretched as he stared at the switches. Nothing seemed out of the norm. He decided to take a nap and turned off the clock. He still wasn't used to the constant ticking. To Yi Xing, that noise bothered him. 

"I'm so tired." He sighed as he slipped off his shoes.

Yi Xing slipped inside his bed for the first time when he groaned. He reached under the blanket and found a book tucked deeply in the mattress. He sat up and pulled it out, his eyes examining it.

"What's this?"

Yi Xing opened it and his eyes flew open as he began to read. His voice began to fill up the silence. 

"Life doesn't go as we planned. That was the idea of my job. I was the one who decided what to do; I was the one people called Fate. Yet why did it become harder for me as time went on? Why did it become harder to turn off those switches? Had I become too weak or had they become strong enough to change their lives. I broke my own rules to see them. I let them change who I am. I finally realized that people can do as they wish. They have the ability to change themselves. It occurs to me, then, that people themselves are full of tunnels: winding, dark spaces and caverns; impossible to know all the places inside of them. Impossible to imagine. Time goes on. Time doesn't stop. Time will never end."


(Boogerbrain95 Says;)

Well I completely at epilogues. So I hope I answered your questions (at least I hope so.) Being an English major has messed my story writing since I keep trying to be unclear (mysterious even.) If this isn't clear then I will clear it up even further. Yes, Suho gave up his "life" to save Ji Hyuns'. In the end, the mysterious person is LAY!. He will end up being the new Time Keeper. I hope you all have enjoyed the story so don't forget to comment and UPVOTE! It will be greatly appreciated. I will post an analysis chapter soon since I know some of you might be interested. Thanks again my lovely readers and I bid you goodbye! :D