Dinner

The Time Keeper

'I shouldn't do this. Why am I doing this? I should stop.'

Suho stared at his jacket by the door, inviting him to grab it. He stepped forward and ran out the door, ignoring the loud ringing noise of the clock behind him. Suho pushed the door open and stepped outside, the wide river staring back at him.

He was now in the human world, his eyes even darker as he looked down at his watch. Suho had somehow managed to create a device which would allow him to see the panel. It would allow him to see the colors.

Suho chuckled as he began to walk, staring at the people who were walking. He sat down at a nearby bench and began to calculate who would end up dying first. Suho was the first ever Time Keeper who decided to visit the human world, let alone do his work there. There was something bugging him, something he couldn't quite place his finger on.

Why were there three people with yellow switches? Why did the colors constantly change? What was keeping them alive and what was going to end up killing them?

Suho closed his eyes and hummed softly, letting the breeze envelop his body. He smiled softly as he smelled the air, so different from his room. The noise was new to him as well, the ticking of clocks almost nonexistent. Suho looked up to see couples walking, smiles on their faces.

How was it that they could enjoy their lives, knowing that sooner or later they would end up dying? How was it that they seemed to be happy with falling in love and ignoring their impending doom?

Suho smiled as he noticed several children playing around, their screams and laughter intoxicating. It was hard for him to answer his own questions since he never lived as a human. Maybe, just maybe, Suho would be able to understand the way the human world works.

"Are you trying to start something?"

Suho looked up to see a couple walking towards him, their light pink shirts a contrast to their dark hair. He stood up when he realized who they were.

"Yellow." He murmured.

Suho stepped forward and coughed slightly, fixing his clothes before walking towards them. He forced himself to smile while he stuffed his device into his pocket.

"Baekhyun-ssi? It's a surprise to see you here."

"Hello Suho-ssi! What are you doing here?"

"I was just in the neighborhood." He said, smiling. "I guess fate keeps interfering."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Oh! I know you!" You cried out. "That last time!"

"Ji Hyun-ssi?" Suho asked. "How did-"

"You know each other?" Baekhyun asked. "Since when?"

"He's the one who saved me, the day we met."

"Really?"

"I didn't know you knew each other." Suho murmured. "What a coincidence."

"What are you doing here?" Baekhyun asked. "Are you waiting for someone?"

"Not really. I just wanted to take a walk."

"Would you like to join us?" You asked. "As a thank you gift."

"I shouldn't. I don't want to intrude on your date."

"It's not a date."

"We're not dating."

"You're not?" Suho asked. "It doesn't seem like it."

"We're just hanging out as friends." You replied. "That's all."

"That's all." Baekhyun nodded his head.

"I see. I'm sorry." Suho bowed.

Baekhyun smiled at Suho before nodding his head at you. You reached out and grabbed Suho's hand, pulling him along. Baekhyun shook his head in annoyance before he walked towards a nearby restaurant. You looked up to see Suho staring at you in wonder, his eyebrows furrowed. Baekhyun stepped inside the restaurant and waited for you to sit down next to him.

"I'm paying so order whatever you want." You smiled. "It's my treat."

"Are you sure?" Suho asked.

"Of course."

"What are you getting?" Baekhyun looked at you. "Anything you recommend?"

"Not really. I'll get whatever you get."

Suho looked at you in confusion, his mind racing as he noticed the way you acted towards Baekhyun. He couldn't help but smile as Baekhyun began to scold you for touching him. Suho stared at the way Baekhyun laughed, the way he adjusted himself to you.

"Suho-ssi, you're phone is ringing." You said.

"It is?" Suho asked. "I guess I couldn't hear it."

Suho reached down to grab his device and stared at the screen. He looked up quickly before staring at the screen again. Suho shook his head slightly before putting it away.

"Red. It's flickering towards red."

"Red? What about red?" Baekhyun asked, looking up.

"Nothing. Just something."

"Are you guys ready to order?" You asked. "I'm starving."

"I have to get going. Something came up." Suho stood up. "Can we do this again?"

"Of course." Baekhyun nodded. "Is something wrong?"

"No, just some business I have to take care of."

"Have fun!" You called out.

Suho waved goodbye before he ran back to the river. He closed his eyes and quickly opening them, staring at the familiar clock in front of him. He walked to the panel and stared at the bright colors.

"Only Ji Hyun and Baekhyun's are flickering towards red. Why not Jongin's?"

Suho began to pace before he noticed one of the switches had slowly had gone to green. He sat down and closed his eyes, suddenly worn out from today's events.

"Two flickering to red while one flickers to green."

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"I don't want to walk anymore!" You cried out. "I'm stuffed."

"Whose fault is it?" Baekhyun chuckled. "You practically ate the whole kitchen."

"I don't care. I ate good food. What more could you want?"

"You're going to get fat."

"That's what I want. I want to die as a fat lady."

"Why?" Baekhyun asked.

"Because I can."

You reached out and grabbed Baekhyun's hand, resting your head on his shoulder as you closed your eyes. Baekhyun stood still and looked down at you before pulling away. He bent down and sighed as he closed his eyes in anticipation.

"Hurry up and get on."

"Baekkie!" You screamed. "How did you know?"

You quickly fell on top of Baekhyun and wrapped your arms around his neck, sniffing his perfume. Baekhyun stood up and grunted as he struggled to walk forwards.

"You should go on a diet."

"I don't want to."

"Stop sniffing me!"

"But you smell nice!"

You leaned forwards and rested your head on his back, closing your eyes. Baekhyun walked ahead and noticed your soft snores. He began to sing softly, hoping it would make you fall asleep faster.

'My goddess, oh, who looks as though she lives inside a myth
I fight past the time to find you
I’ve never believed in things that are forever
If I may reach you whom I’ve been wanting so desperately
'

"Baekkie, you're voice is amazing." You murmured. "Hypnotizing."

"I'm glad you liked it."

"Where are we going now?"

"I'm taking you home now."

"I don't want to go."

"Why?" Baekhyun asked. "Is something wrong?"

"I get sad."

"Why?"

"I don't know."

"Do you want to stay for a bit?"

"I do."

Baekhyun nodded his head and headed towards his house, a smile on his face. He got there faster than expected and slipped inside, making sure he wouldn't disturb you. Baekhyun put you down on the ground and covered you with a blanket before heading to the kitchen.

"Good night Baekkie."

"Good night Ji."