Whispers

The Time Keeper

"Hvae you ever regretted a decision?"

"Like what?"

"Like killing someone?"

Suho looked up at Kai and shook his head. "I've never regretted anything."

"Are you sure?" Kai frowned. "Nothing at all."

"No." Suho smirked. "You can't let that happen."

"Why not?"

"Because then everything becomes a mess." Suho shrugged. "I become a mess."

Kai stood up and walked over to where Suho was. He looked down to see the various switches before reaching out towards a bright orange one. Kai glanced up to see Suho staring back at him and pulled his hand away. Suho looked back down at his clipboard and spoke.

"That's you if you were wondering."

"I kind of guessed that."

"What do you want? Why are you still here?"

"Because I'm scared." Kai mumbled. "I'm scared of leaving."

"Everyone is but it has to happen." Suho sighed. "It happens to everyone."

"But not you."

Suho snapped his head up and turned to face Kai. He began to shake his head in confusion before turning back to the panel. Suho started to turn off switches as he ignored Kai, pushing him away slightly.

"It did happen to me." Suho whispered. "I died at some point just like everyone else. I was just lucky."

"How?" Kai wondered. "Lucky how?"

"I was able to stay."


The E.R was eerily quiet making your footsteps that much louder. Your eyes darted around as you looked for a familiar face before you felt your heart sink. You looked around for Kai until you turned to the nurse that was by the desk. 

"Excuse me?" Your voice quivered. "Where's Kim Jongin?"

"He was transferred to the ICU."

"Thank you."

The IC was just as quiet as you headed inside the ward. You noticed a tall figure standing by a bed and you smiled softly. He looked up and his eyes connected to you, old and wise.

"Ahjussi?"

"Ji Hyun?"

Mr. Kim opened his arms as you slipped inside them, patting your head softly. You looked up to see tears in his eyes before looking down at Kai. The blood stained shirt was gone and replaced by a hospital gown. His face looked gaunt and his breathing was dangerously slow.

"I'm so sorry." You whispered. "It's my fault."

"No it's not."

"It is."

Mr. Kim pulled back and wiped your tears away. "I heard from your father already. I'm not angry and I'm sure Kai isn't either. It was an accident."

"I never meant for it to happen. I didn't mean to hurt him."

"I understand." Mr. Kim whispered. "Kai understands."

You looked up and walked over to Kai's body. His hand was still cold as you grabbed onto it, resting your head on the bed. Mr. Kim quietly slipped away as you brushed his hair back.

"I can make it right oppa." You murmured. "I can bring you back."

You planted a small kiss on Kai's forehead before heading back to your room. You shut the door before facing the window, your heart racing as you closed your eyes. 

"Joon Myeon." You muttered. "Kim Joon Myeon."


'Joon Myeon. Kim Joon Myeon.'

"What was that?"

"You should go." Suho stiffened. "Now."

"Where do I go?" Kai looked around. "There's nowhere to go."

Suho grabbed Kai and pulled him towards the door. He snatched his jacket off the small hook and handed it to him. Kai stared wide eyed as Suho opened the door and stepped out.

"I'll bring you back." Suho smiled. "I need to do something first."

"Where am I going?"

"Anywhere you want."

Kai put on the jacket and hesitated before stepping out. His eyes grew wider as he stared at the large river in front of him. He turned to see Suho smiling at him as he gestured for him to walk.

"Just for a little bit." Suho nodded. "I'll bring you back soon."

"Okay." Kai agreed. "I'll wait."


Baekhyun stared at the long row of snacks before grabbing several and slipping them inside the basket he was carrying. He had spent the night at home so he could change into fresh clothes. He decided to buy some food to take to the hospital. Baekhyun glanced down at the large bag of food and smiled as he paid.

He made his way towards the hospital with the bag in his hands. Baekhyun took the elevator and got off, bowing at the doctor's and nurses before heading into your room. His eyes flew open as he dropped the bag. You were lying on the floor, your body completely still.

"Ji Hyun?" Baekhyun whispered. "What's wrong?"

He brushed back your hair and picked you up as he settled you on the bed. Baekhyun grabbed your hand and sighed when he felt your pulse, slow and weak. He rested his head in your lap and closed his eyes, tears falling.

"Come back." He murmured. "Don't leave me again."


(Author's Note)

So the story is slowly coming to an end. I'm not sure whether I will finish it in the next chapter or if there will be 2 more. I already have everything planned so it just comes down to chapter lengths. *insert evil laugh* I hav created a plot twist! Oh yes! Author-nim will be evil and not spoil anything. Please leave many comments below! Vote up! Do as you wish! P.S I was also wondering if you guys were interested in analysis of the story/character analysis and where I drew my inspiration from (hint: one of the characters is based off of me. Who could it be?)