Colors

The Time Keeper

'I don't like you.'

'I don't like you.'

'I don't like you.'

You stared at the ground as you walked away, blinking back the tears that soon began to fall. Wiping them away, you began to run, your sobs echoing throughout the silent night. You stopped at a crosswalk, your breathing heavy as you held onto your chest.

"Why does it hurt?" You murmured, shaking your head

You looked up when you felt someone bump into you, running across the street. As if on instinct, you began to run after them, screaming when the light went green. You closed your eyes as you heard a car screech, curses being flung at you.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" You yelled, bowing furiously

You bowed once more before turning around, stepping forward before you fell to the ground. You looked up when you felt someone grab you, forcing you to stand up and run.

"You have it bad." He sighed, clicking his tongue

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Kris stared at the ground, kicking away rocks as he walked to Baekhyun's house. He kept glancing at his phone, checking the time before he turned the corner, his eyes widening in confusion.

"I thought you would be angry." You murmured, looking away

"No. You thought wrong." Baekhyun said, smirking

"I mean..." You began, staring at the ground

"You don't have to worry. I don't like you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get ready for work." Baekhyun said, bowing before he entered his apartment

Kris hid as he heard the door slam shut, small whimpers making their way towards him. He turned back around and noticed you walking away, wiping away the tears on your face. He walked towards Baekhyun's door and knocked lightly, taking a deep breath.

"Go away. I don't want to see you." Baekhyun thundered, his voice angry

"Not even me?" Kris asked, chuckling

"Hyung?" Baekhyun asked, opening the door

Kris shook his head lightly as Baekhyun stared at him, completely wide eyed. Kris waited for Baekhyun to speak, crossing his arms in anticipation before smiling.

"She came." Baekhyun finally replied, looking away

"I heard. You were a bit harsh." Kris said, frowning

Baekhyun shrugged slightly. "She had it coming. Chanyeol was right."

"Are you sure? I mean..." Kris frowned deeper.

"I'm sure." Baekhyun said, frowning

"I should go, I completely forgot what I was going to say." Kris waved as he walked away.

He began to walk faster, a sick feeling in his stomach as he reached the crosswalk. Kris looked up in time to see you on the ground, your body small and still. He ran towards you, pulling you up as he crossed the street.

"You got it bad." Kris sighed, shaking his head

♦♦♦♦♦♦

"Oppa?" You asked, wide eyed

"Who else could it be?" Kris smiled, letting go of your hand

"What are you doing here?" You frowned, stepping back slightly

"What are you doing here? This isn't your neighborhood." Kris crossed his arms, tilting his eyebrows slightly

"I was just taking a walk." You said, looking away

"Are you sure? It's too late to walk, especially in this neighborhood." Kris replied, a hint of a smile on his face

"Of course. I was just heading home." You snapped, rolling your eyes

"Okay. If you say so." Kris nodded, pulling something out of his pocket

You looked down to see a small handkerchief in his hand. You looked away and blinked quickly, your tears threatening to fall. Kris stuffed the handkerchief into your hands before he hailed a taxi, quickly opening the door for you.

"Don't worry, I heard the allergy season is getting worse." Kris said, smiling

"Thank you." You smiled, before slipping inside

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Baekhyun stared at the bag in front of him, a frown on his face as he reached out for it, dumping the contents onto the floor. He grabbed the clothes before he noticed a small piece of paper fall out of the jeans pocket.

"What's this?" He murmured, opening it up

'Things to do. One: give clothes back. Two: steal a new set since he might need these. Three: make Baekkie some real food. Four: get some help for Chanyeol and his drinking habit. Five: rule out number four since he seems more fun that way. Six: go on a date with Baekkie.'

Baekhyun stared at the handwriting before he gasped, letting the paper slip out of his hand. He stared at it before shaking his head, grabbing it and throwing it into the waste basket.

"No, don't even think about it." Baekhyun whispered, shaking his head

He quickly threw the clothes into the wash, ignoring the perfume that radiated from them. Baekhyun laid back down and closed his eyes, desperate to fall asleep. He sat up when he began to cough, holding onto his chest in pain before he grabbed his medication.

"Aish." Baekhyun sighed, lying back down

He stared up at the ceiling, his fingers tapping lightly on the ground as he reached out for his phone. Baekhyun quickly sent a message, rolling his eyes as he smacked his head.

"Stupid. You have to keep your ground." Baekhyun snapped, making a fist

♦♦♦♦♦♦

'You forgot to give me back my shirt.'

You stared at your phone, tears in your eyes as you stared at Baekhyun's message. You slipped out of bed and stomped your way to the closet, flinging clothes everywhere as you looked for it. You sighed as you stared at the mess, not a sign of his shirt anywhere.

"Screw this." You growled, turning off your phone

You walked back to your room and pulled back the covers before you stared at the medication bottle on your nightstand. Unconsciously, you snatched the bottle up and threw it into the waste backet, wiping away your tears.

You closed your eyes before you bolted up, coughing loudly as you struggled to breathe. You felt a burning sensation in your throat and you ran towards the bathroom, throwing up. You sat up and began to sob, noticing the blood that filled the toilet.

"Just a few more. Just a few more days." You silently begged

♦♦♦♦♦♦

Suho stared at the panel, his dark circles becoming more prominent as he struggled to stay up. He kept glancing at the yellow switches, his fingers trembling as he began to scratch out names. 

Yellow.

Green.

Yellow.

Green.

"What the hell is going on?" Suho murmured, pacing back and forth

Yellow.

Red.

Yellow.

Red.

Yellow.

Suho smacked the board onto the desk as he stared at the switches, watching them flicker between colors. He glanced at the sheet, staring at the circles names as he connected who was who.

"Baekhyun-ssi or Ji Hyun-ssi. Who will win?" Suho whispered, his eyes narrowing

♦♦♦♦♦♦

A/N: I am back!! Yay! Sorry for the delay, I just got home from my vacation in California so I am so tired. I managed to update today so I guess that's something. Don't worry, I will be updating regularly now (I hope). I just wanted to say that my vacation was amazing because I saw EXO at KCON. Bless my poor fangirl heart. Well, I will be off to bed now. Don't forget to leave a comment and subscribe for more. How is the story so far? Good or bad? *le epic sigh* Off to brainstorm now.