Chapter 2

Hello, Stranger!

THE FIRST ENCOUNTER

 

"KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" My eyes literally widened as I saw the man who was lying in the sofa, covered in blood. "W--Who... are y-you?!" It was a semi scream-whisper tone. I mean I was a doctor... and situations like this don't seem unusual to me but I'm still human-- one who gets afraid. And right, I just remembered, I AM A DOCTOR--- AND I WAS MADE TO HELP OTHERS.

So I went to him and checked for his pulse condition, it was normal. I examined the wound in his forehead, it was not badly damaged. I took a look at his hand and concluded that it was the most severe part amongst his body.

I hurriedly ran to the room, calming myself down and grabbed the first-aid kit. I then went back to him and expertly applied first aid to him. Still, he did not wake up but just stayed the way he was when I first saw him. UGH, he just wasted my 1 hour of sleep which was supposed to be my one and only time ro rest.

 

The morning.

I took a quick shower and brushed my teeth in front of the mirror with eyes half wake. How am I supposed to open my eyes with just 2 hours of sleep and I still have to go to work? That guy should pay for this-----

"Hey..." 

Out of nowhere, he suddenly appeared. I stared at him blankly.... but the next second, I remembered that I was wrapped in a towel and that the bathroom has its door broken down. HE'S SEEING HALF OF MY BODY RIGHT NOW.

"Do you have any shirt?" He asked without even flinching from the sight he's seeing. This guy is mysteriously weird. 

My toothbrush was still stuck in my mouth and with bubbles surrounding it I replied, "There," and pointed at the cabinet just beside him. 

He spoke not a word, opened the cabinet and took a shirt. I also went back to toothbrushing when I saw him in the mirror, taking his shirt off and putting the picked shirt on. Oh gosh, does he see I'm just over here? Or is he just plain dumb and dumber? I did nothing except closing my eyes in shame and anger. WHY DOES THE DOOR HAVE TO BE DOWN RIGHT NOW?!

Finally, he's done changing and went out the room like nothing happened. And my face can't be drawn anymore because of the annoyance I feel.

 

 

I prepared the breakfast and called him to eat. "Hey you, come on let's eat." There was sarcasm added to it.

He approached the table and sat on the chair. I started eating. He held the chopsticks in his left hand and struggled eating. I looked at him with awe. Its because his right hand was severely injured and I put a cast on it just this morning.

"Can you eat?" I stopped munching and asked. 

He stared at his right hand which was wrapped in a cast, looked at me and shook his head like a cute puppy. 

"Oh god..." I whispered. I had no choice but to sit next to him and feed him. He coordinated with me though- opened his mouth and chewed whenever I tell him to. And I gave him the last spoonful of kimbab. 

"Change your shirt to something formal. We will go to the hospital." I added. He nods.

 

 

I drove the car and brought him to the hospital. I was also dressed in my uniform and dragged him inside. 

The nurses greeted me as well but I can tell there was this curiousity in their eyes. Oh crap. If Chanyeol sees this... phew.

We went in the elevator and I said to him, "Hey, I will send you to my friend's office... She will be the one to examine you. Don't worry, she's a good doctor. You just have to follow her instructions okay?"

We reached the fifth floor and went out the elevator. We stopped by Dr. Lee Qri's office and I spoke, "You go in okay? I'll be back." I turned my back and walked towards my office.

-Qri's POV-

"Hello! Please take a seat." I flashed a smile at the guy who entered. "So you're the guy who Dr. Park Jiyeon recommended to me right?"

He did not respond but just took a sit and wandered his eyes around the office. Oh, this guy is weird huh.

 "Hey... its you right?" I asked him once again. 

This time, he stood up and roamed around.

"Excuse me... Are you mute or what? Can you answer me?" I almost lost my patience.

He stared at me intently and for a moment, I thought he was mentally retarded. 

"Yes, its me."

"G-good.. Now let's start the examinations on you--" I invited him to the x-ray lab but there was no reaction from him. "Come on?" I persuaded him again. 

He walked towards me and looked at me straightly in the eyes, "I'm fine."

"No, you're obviously not." I walked to him and grabbed his hand, ready to drag him but he dropped my hand and replied, "I said I'm fine."

"O-oh.." He continued walkind around and I was really trying my best to cool off. "Okay so could you at least tell me your name? So I could file your records..?" I made it gentle as much as possible.

But still, he just stared at me.

-Jiyeon's POV-

The patients slowly lined in my office. I wonder how that guy is doing now?

"Sir.. I told you, you need to fall in line sir.." Faint whispers came to my ears.

"Sir.... A rule is a rule... Who comes first, gets served first. Please stay back-" I just figured out that it was my secretary's voice. 

"Sir--" She appeared in front of me with a regretful face... together with a familiar guy.

"Doc, I told him to stay in line but he just shoved in..." She said.

"N-no. Its okay.. I know him."

"Really? B-but---"

I walked towards her and whispered, "Would you please redirect all of these patients to Dr. Lee Qri? I have something important to do with this guy."

"Yes maam."

The moment my patients started flowing out of the room, the guy was already roaming around- wandering like an innocent kid.

"Hey. Are you done with the examinations?"

He simply shook his head. Then my phone rung.

"Hello?" I spoke.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAA!" A scream puckered my eardrums. "WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THAT THAT GUY WAS RETARDED?!"

"He-hello? Qri, calm down okay?" I whispered. "CALM DOWN BECAUSE I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT!!!" And paid back for that ear tingling scream of hers.

"Well.. its like this. He wouldn't go to the x-ray lab to be examined, he just walked around like a jerk."

"And what makes him retarded for that?" I replied.

"I asked him what his name was, and guess what he replied?"

"WHAT?"

"*in a low tone* 'I'M A STRANGER'.... Seriously, HOW COULD SOMEONE BE NAMED STRANGER HUH?!" She was getting crazy.

"Oh come on.. He must be kidding." I consoled her.

"KIDDING WHAT? I SHOULD HAVE INJECTED HIM MULTPLE DOSES OF SLEEPING PILLS!!"

"Hey-- maybe he's just----"

She hung up. 

Ugh, what mess did I just run to? I glanced at him, who was reading the books on the shelves curiously. He doesn't look retarded though? I approached him and spoke, "Heyyy... I have to run examinations on you first... Come on." and invited him to the x-ray lab.

Without hesitating, he followed me.

 

I was confused about what Qri said. He was completely opposite of what she explained. Whatever I told him, he would follow. He understands every word I tell him. There's no point of him being retarded. 

 

"Okay we're done!" Finally, we finished the last batch of examinations. "Let's eat lunch?"

He nodded. 

"Wait here. I'll order fastfood okay?" I dialled the the fastfood chain and ordered 2 serves of black noodles. "Aiggoo.. Let's wait for the ordered food to arrive."

I was talking to myself and he was reading the books that he picked up earlier. 

"Hey... can I ask you something?"

He glanced at me.

"What's your name?" I know its a very controversial question to ask of him.

"I'm a stranger..." He faintly replied.

"I know you're just kidding... Haha."

"Well... what do you call someone who just barges in to other's life?" He closed the book he was reading and faced me. "Isn't he called a mere stranger?"

I was taken aback by what he said. Besides, he has a point. "I m-mean.. everybody has a name right? You just can't say you're a stranger..."

"No... I prefer to be called a stranger..."

"Hello! Black ramyun is here!" The ordered food arrived. I opened the door and accepted the food. "Thanks!"

"Come on, let's eat." I invited him and laid the food on the table. I held the chopsticks in my hand and started feeding him as well as wiping the sauce that keeps messing on his face.

Just then, I noticed that he was tightly holding a pencil in his left hand. And after a few mouthfuls, he insisted that he was already full.

"Okay then." I coldly replied and ate my part of black noodles.

Meanwhile, he walked towards my desk, searched for paper and wrote something using his bewildered left hand. Such a weird kid. I ignored him and continued eating.

 

A/N: Annyeong again readers^^ I'm very sorry for the late update because I just took my midterm exams T^T Too tired hihi. So here it goes! :) Comment | Subscribe