Chapter 1

Hello, Stranger!

THE STRANGER

 

"Good morning Doctor," the nurse walked past by me.

"Good morning," I greeted in response. Then, I got inside my office where my patients were waiting.

My name is Park Jiyeon. I'm 23 years old. I work as a medical docotr in Dongguk Hospital for almost 2 years. Caring for others has always been my passion. I always dreamed for this profession. And yes, I already have my masters degree in medicine and also one of the Directors of this hospital. Eveything in my life is fine. I can't ask for anything more. Its like I was blessed abundantly by God. And I don't regret what I have right now... they're all from my hardwork anyway.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Yes, come in." I said. It was my secretary. 

"Maam, Dr. Park Chanyeol wanted to hand this to you." She handed me a piece of paper and I accepted it without hesitation.

"What's this?" I asked while I read the paper.

"He said you have a dinner meeting with him tonight." 

I smiled. "Hmmm. Now I remember. Okay- cancel all my appointments for tonight." I winked.

"Alright maam." She responded and went out.

I'll be meeting him again tonight... hihi.

 

 

It was 6:00 pm right?

The scheduled dinner with Dr. Park.

I looked at my watch and it was already 5:30! Crap. I'll be late!

I hurriedly left my office, started my car and rushed back home. 

 

It took me 5 minutes to drive- that means I only have 25 minutes to dress myself. OMG Park Jiyeon... This is whole crap.

Nevertheless, I went in to the house in haste and even slammed the door without thinking. Thank God my parents are away for a vacation trip, I'm alone.

Omo omo! I opened my dresser and found heaps of clothes scattered around! Ughhh! Now I regret why I hated cleaning my room! Why should this come now when I'm in a total hurry?! *speaks profanity all over*

Heol~ what to wear? What to wear??

D-Dress? O God just not a dress!

J-jeans? Hmmm. Pretty simple for a dinner meeting.

S-Skirt? NO FREAKING WAY!

Then what? 

My mind was telling me to answer myself but I have no idea of what to wear. I'm literally not into fashion!

O-okya so uhhh--

THIS. PERFECT!!

I put on the clothes and stormed to the bathroom with my whole make-up kit (but it can't be called 'whole' because it just consists of a face powder, eyeliner and an eyeshadow of 3 colors). I stared at myself in the mirror and felt diappointed because I already spotted some wrinkles on my face. I took a minute to stretch those. 

24 minutes left.

I applied some powder on my cheeks, eyeliner on my eyes and a mild pink eyeshadow on my eyelids.

Tada! I looked at the mirror again and it was perfect. I could say that I was already perfect. I know. I'm just flattering myself.

21 minutes left.

I worried less and the sweat which was forming around my face subsided. Finally, there's no fear of being late.

I breathed in and twisted the door knob.

Huh? It won't open? 

I twisted it again with a slight pull. But it still doesn't open!!

OMG, why won't it open?! 

I calmed myself down to think properly.

Crap. I just remembered this door was broken and it won't open unless you call a carpenter to fix it up. DAMN! Why do I have such a bad day?

15 minutes.

No no no.... I'll be lateeeee! Sweat was forming heaps in my forehead and my heart was beating fast.-

There's no other way.

-Chanyeol's POV-

Its almost 6:00 pm. Where is she?

By the way, I haven't introduced myself yet- so here I go:

I am Park Chanyeol. A medical doctor. Also one of the Directors of Dongguk Hospital, same as Jiyeon. I'm 24 years old. I passed the national examination 3 years ago, topnotcher. People often tell me that I already have everything, but they don't know what's behind. Having worked for various high-class hospitals nationwide- finally, I found where my heart belonged. I found Jiyeon in Dongguk Hospital, and I'm still waiting for her. You know what I mean? Okay, done with the self- introduction. Where the heck is Jiyeon?

Its 6:05 already. Well, its just 5 minutes late, maybe she's on her way now.

I called the waiter to order our meal when someone appeared in front of me, like a tornado whipping my physical body.

"I-I'm sorry I'm late,"

"J-Jiyeon..."

"Yeah. Sorry?" She said with a peace sign over her head and a blinking, beautiful eyes.

"I-It's okay..." I said.

She sat down and was smiling.

"B-But--" I spoke.

"Why?"

"Were you robbed or what?"

"R-Robbed? Of course not! Why?"

I looked at her, with a speck of regret painted in my face, "What happened to you? I mean.... your make-up-- Its messed up all over your face." I glanced at her outfit and added, "Why are you wearing a dress over jeans?" Lastly, I noticed her stilettos. "Is your shoe's heels bent?"

Her eyes twitched upon my words and stuttered, "O-Oh... Really? Ahhh, yeah- I ran into a thief..."

"Are you sure? What did he get from you?"

"Ahh nothing- just my make-up kit..."

"Your make-up kit?!? That's gayness!!"

"Y-yeah... weird right? Well, uhhh excuse me first, I'll just go fix myself in the bathroom."

"S-sure,"

-Jiyeon's POV-

Damn. I look awful! No wonder Chanyeol's reaction was like that. I was definitely like a lost kid with no home and food!

I carefully fixed my face and wondered why I wore dress over jeans myself. Strange sense of fashion, I know.

Okay, calm down, let's not ruin the night. I should act like everything's alright and nothing happened. All for this dinner- dinner with Chanyeol.

I came out of the restroom with a full smile on my face. Then I went back and sat down on the chair.

"Let's eat?" Chanyeol asked.

"Sure." I smiled.

 

 

"You want dessert? Chanyeol asked again after we finished our course.

"Yeah. Sure."

He called onto the waiter and ordered for us. While waiting, he spoke, "I just want to make it clear that this is not a mere dinner okay? If you know what I mean..."

OMG. What is this feeling? I'm getting goosebumps from his words.

"W-what do you mean?"

"Come on Jiyeon~ We're both adults." He leaned on to me, held my hand and whispered, "We're now allowed to date right?"

"D-daateeee?!" I blurted making the other people turn their eyes on us. "I mean... D-Date? Isn't it too fast?"

"Fast?? I've been courting you for almost 2 years, and you still call this fast? Oh come on...."

"N-No..I mean--"

"Its okay. I can wait.... The dessert's here, let's eat." His voice tone suddenly dropped. Now, there was no excitement in his voice anymore. He did not even touch his food.

 

 

 

 

"Its not what you think that I mean Chanyeol.." I consoled him for the very last time when he led me to my car.

"Have a good night Jiyeon." He was obviously sulking and eventually turned his back on me.

"Thanks for the dinner!" I yelled hoping to ease his feeling. But still, he just waved his hand and continued walking without even replying.

Sobs. I should've said anything like that.

 

 

 

Aigoo~ I reached the house. 

I threw my bag on the living room, the lights and proceeded to my safest haven- the bedroom.

The broken bathroom door was still lying on the floor. YES- you got it right. My stiletto's heels was bent because I kicked the door with will and determination. Now I regret it though. 

I changed my clothes into bedtime gown and brushed my teeth. (of course, with the door tore down)

Finally, I laid on the bed and puffed my cheeks. This is extremely a tiring day. I closed my eyes.

 

 

 

 

*Crash. Boom!*

A very loud noise awakened me from deep sleep. I was still in a half conscious-half stable state when I heard it. What could it be? 

I stood up from my bed and slowly opened my eyes. It can't possibly be a cat since I have no cats around. Perhaps..

ITS A THIEF?!? 

Suddenly, my heart started beating faster. I was energized out of nowhere. Coincidentally, I found a stickbroom beside the cabinet and got a hold of it. 

It's at least 2 inches thick, and if forcibly hit with, it can cause temporary damage. 

I gathered all my courage and carefully stepped down to the living room, where I heard the noise. I held a tight grip on the stick and widened my eyes. 

There seemed nothing wrong with my things, but there was a shadow of a man in the sofa. Gotcha! You can't hide now thief! 

Counting 1,2,3, I closed my eyes, swinged the stick and turned the light switch on. 

 

But nothing happened- 

As I closed my eyes, there seemed to be nothing of potential danger to me. So I slowly opened my left eye and WHAT I SAW WAS JUST AS SHOCKING AS A GHOST! 

"Kyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!" 

I could feel my heart palpitating and my knees going numb. I-In the so-fa... there was a guy lying down, with bruises all over his body, blood gushing out from its forehead, and its hands wrapped in towel covered with blood! 

WHO IS THIS GUY?!?

 

A/N: Annyeong ^^ Thanks guys for being patient in waiting for this first chapter :) Please stay tuned because there's still more to come!! Comment | Subscribe