Chapter 19

Hello, Stranger!

HEAD TO HEAD►

 

I had my head down and walked with heavy feelings. Just then, when I was crossing the hallway, a familiar person met my eyes. It was Krystal, taking a stroll while pushing a wheelchair in which a man was sitting. I stopped walking when I saw the man look up to me saying, "We meet again, Kai." I heard it clearly, the man sitting on the wheelchair- he called me Kai.

 

-Stranger's/ Myungsoo's POV-

That encounter flashed back into my mind when Kai spoke. It was clear that he called me Kai during that time, but this morning, why is he calling me by my real name again? "It's funny how fate always wants us to see each other.... Is fate by my side, Kim Myungsoo?" 

His words echoed throughout my mind nonstop.

 

-Author's POV-

<< 2 days ago. 

Kai calmly sits on the edge of the bed while his sister, Krystal is preparing to feed him with hospital food. It is morning but the atmosphere is a little tense. Krystal feeds his brother with a stiff face; Kai eats the food in return, without expression. 

The two of them continue like that, until Kai notices something was really off. 

"Say it." he says. 

Krystal stops for a second, but continues feeding him. 

Kai refuses to chew on the food, "Say what you want to say."

Now, Krystal stops and puts the tray down on the table together with the spoon. She looks at him, still with a stiff face.

"Say it now." his brother challenges. 

Finally, she opens . "Oppa, why did you call him that?"

Kai stares at Krystal, appearing clueless of what she's saying. "Call who what?"

"That guy.... yesterday.... the one we met," 

Kai thinks about it. "Who?"

"The one you called with your own name.... like 'We meet again, Kai.'" Krystal says and mimics her brother.

"Oh..." Kai replies timidly. He simply disregards the question and goes on to say, "Ahhh. I'm hungry."

"Oppa..... why did you do that?" Krystal seriously asks.

Kai just looks at her. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because I'm your sister!" she exclaims.

"You wouldn't want to know Krystal,"

"Why?"

"Will you understand if I tell you?" Kai throws her a serious look.

"I--f it's something reasonable..... why not?"

 

...

 

"Oppa, stop!! Stop it! What you are doing is clearly wrong!" Krystal's voice fills out the room.

"Why? Why am I wrong when it was him who took everything from me?"

"Oppa! You are out of your mind!! You are blinded from knowing the truth!"

"Krystal... you can say those because it did not happen to you! Think about me!! You know so well that I give my all in everything I do!" Kai fires up. Krystal is taken aback. She stays seated and is quite shocked from what is actually happening. "Krystal..... I only have you in this world... Can't you be my side just this once?" Kai tells Krystal while he was getting teary eyed. 

Krystal looks up to him.

 

-Stranger's/Myungsoo's POV-

>> Present. 

"It's funny how fate always wants us to see each other.... Is fate by my side, Kim Myungsoo?" he said while sitting on the wheelchair, looking at me with furiousity.

"K---K--- Kai...... ?" I replied, confused to the point that my statement became a question. 

He smiled, but gradually becoming a grin. "Did you miss me Myungsoo?"

I stayed confused because his words seemed too sarcastic. 

He moved his wheelchair to the side of my bed until the distance between us became close. "I thought I made you disappear completely from the face of the earth......... I didn't know I'd meet you in Seoul." Kai said. 

"Kai.... I am confused . . ."

"Oh-- don't be Myungsoo," Kai muttered and held my injured arm. "Don't be confused when you have such a wonderful arm..." he continued caressing it, taking advantage of how it was wrapped in a cast once again. 

I forcefully slipped my arm off of him and bitterly responded, "Stop it. I am not into your ridiculous compliments."

He giggled like a squirrel and said in return, "What can you do now? Your most precious hand is unfunctional and you're living as a stranger in a foreign land. . . . I guess?"

I clenched my fist and tried to endure everything that he was saying. "What do you want?" I asked him, containing my anger to myself.

"Mmmm," he replied and turned his wheelchair around. "I'll let you guess Myungsoo."

"What...... you want my other arm? Are you serious Kai?!" I exclaimed, bursting the words with anger.

He turned around as I finish what I was saying. 

"Isn't it enough? You won that competition...... my hand was almost gone....... yet I did not mutter a word to the officials with what happened..... what is it now? Are you going to kill me then?" I said and added a sarcastic tone to it. 

Kai was grinning; seemed to be satisfied of me hyping up. "Killing you won't be fun at all. I have my plans Myungsoo.... and if you'd go with it," he said and whispered to my ear, "there will be no problems." 

I finally reached my limit so I grabbed his collar with my left arm. "Did you forget I've had the highest IQ from our batch? I'm not stupid Kai....." then I whispered to him in return, "I'm not as stupid as you." 

He eventually fired up and pulled my hair in a flash. "F***." 

We gazed at each other, putting up a psychological warfare. 

"Don't underestimate me, Myungsoo." he whispered and continued pulling my hair. Then he grabs my arm and presses it hardly. I groaned in pain as I hear him say, "I could get real crazy sometimes."

"You're really crazy...." I replied and forcefully took his hands off of my hair.

He held my arm tightly and the pain became more severe. But he suddenly let go of it when someone came in. 

"Ohhh.... the two of you are already up?" Jiyeon said while entering the room. I was surprised because Kai looked at her like nothing happened. I, however, was still feeling the pain. 

"Ah yeah, we just talked a bit..." he said. "I kinda missed him," he continued, referring to me. "my old friend." He looked at me, smiling- far from being the furious Kai earlier. He was more like the Kai I..... used to know. 

I smiled at him and to Jiyeon. 

"Ah, is that so? You must've been really close...." she asked.

That certain word made a mark in my mind. Suddenly, I felt my heart getting soft again in front of Kai. Kai, on the other hand, just grins at Jiyeon, but I know that was fake.

"Ah right! Sorry to disturb you but I actually came here to run tests on your leg, Myungsoo?" she calls my name, but is referring to Kai.

"Ah yeah. Sure, I'll do it." Kai responded. "So uhm.... see you later, Kai." he continued and told me that. But I felt the change of tone when he called me by his name. There was this serious, mad, and vengeful tone. I may not know what his plans are, but I hope he gets back to his senses quickly. 

"A-ah, yep. See you later." I replied as I saw him and Jiyeon get out of the room. 

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

Last night, I received a call from Kai, asking for help. On the other hand, one nurse told me that Myungsoo is having problems with his leg. The whole situation was urgent so I had to think fast. I doubted it at first but I realized to stay in the hospital for Myungsoo. I was still on duty and it would be a violation of our code of ethics to abandon or ignore someone who needs help- especially if he/she is just within the area. 

Nevertheless, I thought of Kai who was struggling in pain back in the house. So I decided to text Jonghyun, telling him to go over a certain address for an emergency. It was a relief that he was just around the area and I was much more relieved when he texted me that he's got Kai on an ambulance. 

--

 

So the morning came and I entered the room which Kai and Myungsoo are in. I purposely came in to invite Myungsoo to do the tests for his leg. That's what I've promised him yesterday night. With no worries, he went with me and I led him to the lab.

"Doctor... umm.... Park..." Myungsoo stuttered.

"Jiyeon. You can call me that..." I smiled. 

He looked at me, quite ashamed because I read his mind. "Ji--Ji----Jiyeon..." he said. 

"Mm?" I replied as I got the CT scan ready.

"K---Kai," he continued. I listened. "That was him who was sleeping on the couch in your office right? I saw him when I went there...." 

I pretended as if going busy with the machine so that I won't have to face him. "A--ahh..."

"Am i right?" he asked persistently. 

This time, because of my quick reflexes, I said, "No! It is not what you think! He was just a patient! He had a s--schedule so he stayed for the whole night! We really did not sleep together..... or whatever!"

He smiled at me, who was shooting countless words in a second. "Uhmm, I just asked if I was right that I saw him there. I never said anything like sleeping together, Jiyeon."

I found myself ashamed and embarrassed. "R...Right. Ah! I was just explaining things t--though.."

Myungsoo nods; seeing through how embarrassed I was. "But Jiyeon..... I was just curious. How long have you known each other?"

"Mmm," I thought. "Around 6-7 months?" I replied without thinking. 

"He's just a patient you've met for 6-7 months?" Kai asked.

"I ah, I m..mean-"

"If it was that long, then I guess he did have a serious injury right?"

"R... Right! It was 6 months ago when he appeared in my house, arms and face covered in blood. I had asked him what happened so that we could blotter those people, but he won't tell me anything. Do you perhaps know what happened to him?"

"M--- Me? A....Ah, I don't know.... We've just met again, after a few years."

"Awe yeah. I forgot about that. But I really wonder what kind of person did that to him...... tch, such heartless punks." I commented. 

"Co--Could we do the tests now?" Kai muttered. 

"Ah yeah. I am done warming up the machine." 

 

All this time, Chanyeol was just outside the lab, listening to Jiyeon and Kai's conversation. He looked distressed and a little bit mad. He then leaves and goes to see someone. 

 

-Stranger's/Myungsoo's POV-

I was taking my breakfast when the door opened. I thought it was Kai but it wasn't. Chanyeol came rushing in and abruptly grabs my collar.

"Who are you?"

"Ch--Chanyeol...." I called onto him and drops my spoon. 

"Were you living with Jiyeon?" he asked, with fire in his eyes. 

"E---- eh?" I replied.

"You've known her for 6-7 months?"

I hesitated at first but I guess it's not worth denying when he already knows it. "Y------yeah. I have lived with Jiyeon for 6-7 months." I bravely said.

"You....... BASTARD!!!!" Chanyeol screams in front of my face. "Did you know that Jiyeon is my girlfriend?!" he yells.

"Really?" I asked him, playing innocent. "I didn't know..... she did not tell me...." 

All of a sudden, a giant fist landed into my face- of course from Chanyeol. 

"Chanyeol ah..." I muttered as I wiped the blood gushing from my cheeks. "You can hit me all day, punch my face until I look dead, curse at me with all profanities..... but I can only say 'Be careful',"

He was about to land another fist at me when I added, "Be careful because your 'girlfriend' might get stolen."

 

 

*What the heck! What could be the possible meaning of Myungsoo's last words? Is he really going for Jiyeon this time? Or will Chanyeol block him... ? And don't forget our main antagonist, Kai- what are his plans to bring Myungsoo down? Stay tuned! PS: my classes are gonna start again but I'm gonna do my best to give updates! <3*