Chapter 5

Hello, Stranger!

TOGETHER

 

I rushed out of my room, hastily dressed in a decent outfit. I almost flipped things up as I ate my breakfast and not noticing the amount of messed up things. I was about to head out after putting my coat when someone interfered.

"Where are you going?" I did not notice him lying down in the couch at first, not until he spoke. Well, his presence did not matter to me anyway.

"T-to w-work.." I stuttered.

"It's Sunday... and you have to work?"

"J-just u-h-hh.... Meeting. Y-yeah right, we will have a meeting with the Board of Directors."

"Oohh. My breakfast?" He got up and leaned his back on the couch. Oh right, his breakfast is the only thing important for him. I knew about this so I prepared beforehand. 

"I cooked. It's good for three meals. I'm not sure if I'll be home for dinner." Then to avoid further investigations, I went out and slammed the door.

 

 

 

 

I purchased a ticket just in front the entrance of the amusement park. After getting a hold of my ticket, I went in.

As I hurried my pace, I saw a tall guy vividly standing in the middle of the crowd. He kept looking around as if he was waiting for someone. Then, a smile crept out on my face and I ended up running to that man. 

Gasping, I said, "Am I that late?"

Looking amazed, he looked at me from head to toe and replied, "N-not really..."

The time I recovered my posture, I wrapped my hand around his arms and blurted, "So, where are we going first Chanyeol?" And then we started walking.

--

"2 tickets please." Chanyeol said to the lady.

"W-waiittt, are you sure we're going to ride this?!" I complained.

"Yeah. Why? Are you afraid of heights? HAHAHA," he just mocked me, I can't believe it. "It's just a rollercoaster that will run for no more than 3 minutes." He continued and patted my head. 

I put his hands away and pouted, "I'm not scared! Let's see who'll scream the most huh." Just in time, the coaster appeared, signaling that we should board and ride. 

"Are you reaaaaaally sure about this Chanyeol?!" I held my breath as the engine started running. 

"Don't worry." He grabbed my hand and held it tightly with his. "I'm right beside you." And faded a smile.

Then the coaster went running.

 

 

 

 

We found ourselves at the exit of the ride. I was certain that my hair was blown all over and I remember my soul still suspended in the rollercoaster. It was a one heck ride and all I ever heard was screams from the people. I think I lost all of my voice screaming and ended up lipsyncing.

However, the guy beside me, who said THAT HE WAS NOT SCARED was more than a girl screaming sharply like there's no tomorrow. Oh god, it should be me holding his hand tightly but he ended up wrapping his arms around mine and yelling nonstop. And worst, he even called his mother's name when we were at the highest level of the ride.

"Are you okay Chanyeol?" I looked at his pale face and its teary eyes.

"Y-yyeah." I'm goo--" Before he finished his sentence, he turned his head around and vomited. I patted his back slowly and waited until he recovered.

I dragged him to the bench and let him sit down. He looked at me still with the messed up face. "You... are you okay?"

"Of course I am! Geee, look at you, I thought you weren't scared? Puahahaha." I replied.

He wiped his face with his bare hands and spoke, "Wooo. That was close." He even managed to flash a smile despite his condition.

"Lol close what? I wasn't even screaming and there goes you--"

"I thought I was going to die."

"Chanyeol, nobody has died from riding a rollercoaster yet."

"I think you don't know me that much still.." He responded and leaned back.

"I know every part of you! Oh come on Chanyeol..."

"Then you missed something," He looked at my eyes intently. "you didn't know that I have that extreme fear of heights. I was supposed to faint at that extent, and I myself don't know how I matter of fact survived 'til the end of the ride."

I paused and grief consumed my body for a second, "You're kidding right? I mean, you're not really scared of heights right?"

"No I'm not." He looked up to the sky and said, "I'm telling the truth. Back when I was a kid, my mom always brings me to rides like this and she would always say that there's nothing to be scared of because it will just run for 3 minutes. But whenever we get off the ride, I always vomit and faint."

I slapped his head lightly and murmured, "Then why didn't you tell me?! You shouldn't have gone with me..... I should've gone alone!!"

"Hahaha. Don't be such a crybaby. Didn't I tell you? I'm just right beside you." He stood up and offered his hands to me. "So, where do we go next?" He added and was back to his normal self again.

--

-Stranger's POV-

I'm stuck in the house again. And I guess I almost touched everything here. Oh wait, those picture frames on top of the cabinet, I think I haven't landed my hands on them yet.

I took a step toward it and tiptoed trying to reach those. But I guess my height still lacks short. I glanced around looking for a stool for a second. I spotted a short stool just beside the kitchen divider. I took and positioned it just in front of the shelf. 

I stepped on it and tried to reach the top but I was still 3 inches lacking. Carefully, I tiptoed and successfully, I held the frame with my hands. But there was one thing that I did not notice.

It was a medium-sized vase just beside the picture frame. Losing my balance slightly, I tapped the vase accidentally, enough to make it sway side to side. 

I caught my breath for a second, hoping it would stop the vase from swaying. And yes, it did stop.

I was a ble to breathe again and I removed my hand from the frame. As I was about to step down the stool, I felt something wrong. Something falling from above me.

So I lifted my head to see that the vase which was previously swaying, was diving its way to me.

 

 

 

I found myself lying on the floor, with the broken pieces of the vase on top of my right, injured hand. I slowly stood up and recovered my pose when I felt my right hand numb. I tried to lift it but I just can't feel it anymore. I pinched it, but jolts of pain flowed throughout my body. I curled up in excruciating struggle; i wanted to scream but my voice just won't come out. 

I sat on the couch and waited for a few seconds for the pain to subside. But it did not.

This can't be. I'm not going to lose my hand yet.

 

 

 

Holding my hand in pain, I came running to Dongguk Hospital's lobby. I approached the clerk in-charge and gasped, "I need to change my cast."

Looking at me curiously, she replied, "What happened? Is it a serious injury?"

"No. Not really."

The telephone rang and she answered it, leaving me waiting. 

 

Almost losing my patience, I blurted, "H-E-Y. I.NEED.TO.CHANGE.MY.CAST." 

Luckily, I caught her attention and she turned to me, "S-Sorry." she cleared . "Who's the doctor in charge of you?"

"Park Jiyeon." 

She scribbled through the computer screen and replied, "Uhh, she's currently--"

"She's currently what?"

"She's---"

"Oh. I don't care if she's in the meeting." My arm hinted pain again. "I JUST NEED TO CHANGE MY CAST."

The clerk paused. "She's not in a meeting sir. She filed a leave today."

"WHAT?! Where did she go?"

"I don't.... know sir."

Damn. She even lied?

"Where's her office?"

"4th floor sir."

I turned my back and ran towards the said floor.

 

 

 

Without knocking, I stepped in the room.

"YAAAAAA! I NEED TO CHANGE MY--"

"Eh?" A girl was sitting in the director's chair.

"Where's Park Jiyeon?"

"She's out."

Damn. Just a damned day. My arm hurt again. I rested on the nearby chair and held my fidgeting arm.

"You wanted to change your cast right?"

I softly nodded. 

"I can change it." 

Ah. Now I remember, she was that doctor I met the first time I came here. Lee Qri? Yes. I think that was her name.

She stood up and came near me. "I'll get the tools okay?"

I also stood up and replied, "No. Thanks."

Still holding my hand, I went out the door.

--

"YAAAAAAA! I told you to aim at the center!!" I yelled at Chanyeol as he shot the balloons in one of the booths.

"You try it and you'll know its hard!" He handed the gun to me with an annoyed face.

"Watch me. I'll shot all of that in one go!" I boasted.

I positioned my hand as if I'm pro at this arcade game. But at least I had a full will on accomplishing this task. And at the count of three, I fired the gun.

"PUWAAHAHAHAHA!" Chanyeol bursted out laughing. "You.... you call that a shot!? PUAHAHAHAHA!!"

I looked at the board and realized that the shot was obviously out of bounds. I cursed myself in despair. 

"I-it was just a trial.." I acted boastful as ever again. But in reality, I was really new to this.

I positioned my hands for the second time, trying not to make it obvious that I at this. As I counted up to 3, Chanyeol went near me and with a serious face, he held my hand. "Your hands should be like this." He stepped to my back and almost wrapped his arms around my body, helping me find the right angle to shoot. By that moment, I felt my heart beat so fast; my world stopping in a second. It was as if he was a fortress; someone I could lean on. He seemed so manly, even though his face was marked with sarcasm for my beginner's skill.

"Go Jiyeon. Shoot." He uttered.

I lost my world of fantasy when he spoke; i remembered I was going to shoot.

"O--oh. Yeah."

In a blink of an eye, I unloaded the toy gun. 

 

I was totally immersed at my imagination earlier, that I forget how I shot. Then out of nowhere, a clap rung in my ears. 

"Good job Jiyeon! You hit it!!!" It was Chanyeol beside me.

I looked at him, still can't quite understand what he's saying. "What?"

"Look!! You hit it!!!" 

I looked at the board and he was right, I HIT THE RED BALLOON!! I started jumping and yelling, "I HIT IT! I HIT IT!" Then I didn't notice that he was jumping out of joy too; he was jumping because of my success.

"Congratulations maam. You won this stuff toyed dinosaur." The man in-charge of the arcade booth interrupted.

I stopped as Chanyeol stopped jumping. I looked at his eyes, full with thanks and gratefulness. Then I didn't realize that I was holding his hand, tightly. 

"Go get your prize." He said and smiled like a proud father, seeing his child finally being able to walk.

"Thank you." I muttered to the guy. 

--

I paved my way across the hallway then in front of the elevator. There were two elevators, and I chose to take the right one. I pressed the button, waiting for it to open.

And just a minute after, it opened. I did not hesitate and stepped in; but together with me stepping inside it, the left elevator also opened, carrying two passengers. And just as the door was about to close, I sighted a girl holding a dinosaur stuff toy, together with a tall man.

I disregarded them and bowed my head, thinking of giving the two privacy. Then the door officially shut.

--

-Jiyeon's POV-

I quietly entered the house past 8:00 pm, thinking I might disturb someone. After locking the door and hanging my coat, I turned the light switch on.

When I turned around, something was unusual. There scattered the broken shards of the vase in the floor, and a stool flipped upside down. I immediately caught a bit of feeling about this.

So I shifted my eyes to the sofa and what I thought was right.

There he laid, with arms spread widely-- and blood gushing from his nose.

 

 

*ANNNNYEEONG READERSSSS!! I'VE BEEN OUT FOR SO LONG BECAUSE I HAD MY MIDTERM EXAMS!!! AND LUCKILY, I PASSED XD SO UHHHH HERE'S A LONG CHAPTER FOR YOU AND PLEASE STICK WITH ME TIL THE END! I PROMISE TO UPDATE MORE OFTEN NOW SINCE I GOT MORE FREE TIME :DD Comment | Subscribe ^^*