Chapter 20

Hello, Stranger!

THE THIEF►

 

"Be careful..... because your girlfriend might get stolen."

 

-Stranger's/Myungsoo's POV-

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol replied and tightened his grip on my collar. 

"You might as well figure it yourself."

"What?! Are you threatening me right now?"

"No. In fact, I'm warning you."

"Tch," he responded and slowly let go of me. "Is such a person like me needs to be warned by a person like you? What and who are you to?"

"I am...... a stranger."

"R-Right. And why would Jiyeon be stolen.... when I'm always by her side?"

"We don't know..... And correction, you're not the one who's always by her side but me."

"Ahhhh. You're bragging about that?" Chanyeol said, almost bursting in anger.

"Are you jealous?"

"M-me? Why would I?" he muttered and went out of the room, slamming the door. 

Chanyeol, Chanyeol. Let us see if you're willing to engage in this battle. I thought to myself. Just in time, Qri came in.

"Oh, did Chanyeol see you?" she said.

"Y-yeah. I heard he was an outstanding surgeon."

"He is. So um, let me see what happened here." Qri said and examined my arm. "Mmmm."

"Aaaaaack!!" I groaned as she lifted my arm.

"So basically, nothing big happened. Just that you overworked it."

"But I-"

"Shhh. I am also an outstanding surgeon so I can attest to that, 100 percent."

I closed my mouth after being embarrassed. 

"So tell me what you did." She sat on the edge of the other bed right beside mine. 

And so I wasted 10 minutes of telling her the chores I did back in the house. 

 

"Didn't I tell you not to overwork it?"

I bowed my head, so I could not see her annoyed face. 

"Aisssssh," she murmured.

"But..." I said. "Qri- ah~~~" I bursted in complete aegyo. 

"W..What...."

"So.rr.y~~~"

"Ah, what!!!!" she yelled because she was probably very irritated. I was too, annoyed why I had to act cute in front of her. 

"I have a question." I returned to my normal self.

"W....what?"

"Jiyeonnieeee....... is she dating someone?"

"Ha!!! Omomomomo. Are you interested in her? Are you sure? That woman?"

"Just asking! Ahhhhh! Why don't you just answer me?" I nagged.

She swallowed her saliva and went closer to me. "I'm not sure but....... I only know she's been in reaaaaaally good terms with Chanyeol." she whispered. 

"Really? But are they dating now?"

"Ummm.... I think so...."

"When? For a long time already? Are they engaged?"

"Mmmm...." She moved closer to my ears. I was very much eager to hear the answers but she pinched my earlobes in a reaaaaalllly painful manner.

"Aaaaaaaacckkk! Ah why.... ?!"

"Why should I tell you huh?! Tch." Qri stood up and acted like she was about to hit me. "Aigooo.."

"Aaaaa..~~" I nagged at her until she got out of the room. Ah really, what's the point in asking. I knew it, she wouldn't tell me. Ughhh! The perks of being close friends.... Aish! 

I rested my back on the headboard and stared at the ceiling of the room. Kai was not yet back from being examined by Jiyeon, so I was alone. I wonder what's going on in Kai's mind. His plans....... what exactly are they? 

I closed my eyes to temporarily forget about the different thoughts that fly inside my head. But then I failed to do so because Kai's voice just echoes throughout my mind.

"Ugh!" I rose and scratched my head. I feel so annoyed of myself, but I don't know why. I got out of the bed and walked outside.

When I opened the door, Kai and Jiyeon were also making their way to the room. They were in the midst of talking and I guess my presence cut them off. Jiyeon and I exchanged glances; Kai, I don't know.

"You're done?"

"Yeah." Kai caught my question which was purposely for Jiyeon. I nodded to supress the unmoving silence.

"Can you please move? I'm about to go in." Kai said in a really sarcastic tone, yet with a smiling face.

I stepped out, giving him space to enter. I noticed him hesitating to go in. Perhaps he has an unfinished conversation with Jiyeon? It took him a minute to crawl in, if not because of Jiyeon, he probably wouldn't.

"You should go in Myungsoo. Take a rest." She said.

And when she made sure that he was already inside, she closed the door and shifted her attention to me. I gave her a confused look, trying to express a 'what-did-i-do' expression with a raised eyebrows and shoulders.

"You..... follow me." Jiyeon said, but I already had a hunch that this would happen.

--

 

I followed her within a distance towards her office.

"Now tell me what exactly happened?" She muttered as the two of us sat on the couch.

"I told you it's nothing serious."

"Nothing serious..... then why would you call me in an unknown time, with a trembling voice?"

"That was uhhh.... I didn't have a choice."

"Yaaaa....! So I was just a choice now? If you haven't had me, you won't ask for help?"

I frowned a little- so little that it was impossible for her to notice. "And yet you did not look after me...." I whispered.

"What did you say?"

"Nevermind. I knew it..... I'm not that---- important."

She did not reply; I was happy because that means she was somehow guilty. I sighed and stood up, "I get it. I should go now." 

I lifted my foot to the door's direction when Jiyeon spoke, "Wait.... don't go,"

I turned around and looked at her who was so demure just sitting down on the couch. She stood up and went near me with her head down. "I'm..... sorry," she whispered, still looking towards the ground. I was caught with surprise because of that. "I'm sorry I couldn't come to you that night.... I really wanted to, but things just happen. Please don't feel as if you're not important, because you are... to me. Although its just been months since we knew each other, I felt that you're important to me. I was afraid of you getting hurt but I didn't even take you as my first priority......" she stopped for a moment and continued, "I'm s--s-orry...."

Her voice cracked, and then I knew that she broke into tears. She was still looking down but slowly, she leaned her head on my chest.

That moment, I realized that I was more guilty than her. I gently clasped my arms around her, who was now amidst of crying. I her hair over and over again as she continuously said "I'm sorry."

When her wails calmed down, I held and lifted her face so she could see me. Her eyes were swollen with tears flowing down on her unblemished cheeks. I wiped them out and told her, "Don't cry.... It's okay. I understand you...."

She looked at me with eyes full of sincerity. "......and don't worry, I won't go anywhere else.... nor will I ever let you go."

 

 

Knock Knock.

 

 

The blissful moment passed away when an unexpected knock came. Jiyeon hastily wiped her tears off and became anxious. I held her hand and together, we reached for the door.

"They can't see us together...!" Jiyeon whispered. 

I ignored her plead and opened the door. I only peeked a little at the open gap between the door. I saw a tall figure, with a fuzzy brown hair. He noticed me and I closed the door abruptly.

"It's Chanyeol...." I told Jiyeon. Her eyes widened and she slipped out of my hand.

She wanted to open the door herself but I restrained her from doing so. "Whaaa... ?!"

I once again grabbed her hand and this time, opened the door widely.

Chanyeol appeared in front of us, with his usually derp eyes widening.

"Jiyeon....." He muttered and looked at Jiyeon, who was shyly hiding behind my back. She, however, did not respond- I can sense that there was a feeling of guilt in her. So I pulled her from behind so that she stood beside me, and also a chance for me to flaunt about how our hands are clasped together.

As expected, Chanyeol retraced his vision into our hands. "What are you . . . .?!"

I glanced at Jiyeon who was biting her lower lip in guilt and embarrassment. I let her be while I took a step forward to Chanyeol and leaned toward his ears.

"Do you remember what I said to you?" I whispered. Chanyeol threw me an intriguing look. "I think your 'girlfriend' is stolen by now."

In just a few seconds, he grabbed my collar (which I was not surprised at all).

--

 

Observing the tense atmosphere that is building up in the hallways, just outside Jiyeon's office, a smirk is formed in the face of a man, riding in a wheelchair just a few meters away. It was as if he, the real Kai, was plotting on some thoughts.

 

 

*A THOUSAND SORRY FOR THE THOUSAND YEARS UPDATE. AAAACCCKKK it's such a failure as an author nim :( But I hope you like this :) Keep the subs and comments coming! <3*