Chapter 13

Hello, Stranger!

REUNION►

 

"Tch. Seeing you like that....... and locked deeply in the arms of another woman- - How can I--?" I looked around to him but this time only to find out his face close to mine.

"Hmmmm. Am I seeing first signs of..... jealousy?" he said, grinning.

I clasped his whole face with my hands and gently pushed it away. "Ha! M-Me?! J-Jealous?! With you?! NO WAY!" 

"Omomomo, why are you so being defensive? I was just kidding."

I fanned my face with my hands because me cheeks started getting hot. 

"Why are you so flustered?" The stranger said and went near me. He tried to look at my face and held it just inches away from his. "Don't tell me you're really being jealous?"

My eyes almost puked out from my face when I was forced to look at him directly. Thank God a knock on the door saved my trembling heart from exploding. I got away from the stranger's hands and walked to open the door.

"E-Excuse me," It was the girl with the stranger from earlier. Somehow she looked familiar.

"Yes?" I said.

"Ahhh- - aren't you Dr. Park Jiyeon?"

"Y-yes. That's right. Why?"

She sighed in relief. "Don't you remember me? I was once your patient..."

"Krystal ssi. Krystal, you know, the one who lacked white blood cells?" the stranger added.

I thought deeply to remember her. "Ah! That's right! You were together with this stranger in the ward right?" Now that I remember, that happened when Chanyeol and I went out the whole day and thus giving Qri one of her most miserable, exhausting days.

Krystal diligently nodded.

"Come in, come in!" I said in a welcoming tone. She entered the room and sat on the couch opposite to me. 

"Krystal ssi~ I'm leaving you now. I still have to find my doctor who might be slacking off right now."

Krystal softly nodded; the stranger smiled. 

I "calmly" observed the two of them before clearing my throat. "Uh-- Hmm. Let me give Qri a call. So she could get ready for you." I dialled her number and miraculously, she answered it quickly. "Hey Qri-ah, you remember the stranger? He's gonna be at your office in less than 5 minutes. Make sure to check on his cast and..... don't go slack off okay?" I hung up the phone and told the stranger, "She's at her office. Go meet her there."

"Okay." he replied and went out of the room.

"So uhh, Krystal?"

"Yea?"

"I somehow figured out that you're looking for me?" I said as I crossed my legs that moment.

"Ahh yes. I came here for a check-up."

"Check up? Weren't you discharged few weeks ago? Haven't you still recovered?"

"That - - Uhh," Krystal flinched. "I always snuck out from the house and from my private nurse so...... I may not be getting that 'well'. Hehe."

"Ahh!" I snapped my fingers out of nowhere. "You must be lucky not to faint while snucking out huh."

"A-Actually....... I did faint."

"Eeeeehh?!" I blurted out and them moved closer beside Krystal. "Then what happened?"

She seemed a bit surprised but later said, "I snucked out that day because I wanted to buy some items from the grocery. It so happened that I fainted when I was on my way to the cashier. I was just very grateful because that guy- the stranger, who was coincidentally shopping also in the mart, happened to find and had helped me." she smiled and continued, " He even accompanied me to my house because he feared that I might still faint on the way. That's why I came here today- because he also agreed to go with me for a check-up."

I stood up and turned my back so that it was facing her. "You mean that guy? That s-stranger right?" I whispered.

"Are you two dating?!" I unknowingly exclaimed and faced Krystal. It was late when I realized what I have just said.

"E-Eh?" Krystal protested; her face getting red. Ugh Jiyeon.... what did you just say?!

"I m-mean, did you two hold each other's hands on your way home?" It was too late again for me to cover my blabbering mouth. Oops. What was I thinking really? With that, Krystal was further flustered.

"I ah, I'm sorry.... for being that straightforward. Hehe."

"Ahh- no. Its okay." she smiled.

"Alright. Let's just run a few tests on you so we can determine how is your situation."

 

 

As I said, I ran a few tests on Krystal for about 30 minutes. 

"So uhh, after a week, come back for the test results okay?"

Krystal nodded and replied, "Thanks. Nice meeting you again doctor." 

Just then, when she was about to go out of the room, a knock also came. Krystal looked at me, asking whether she or I should open the door. I signaled her to go ahead and open it.

When she opened it, Chanyeol stood in front of her. "W-Where is Jiyeon?" he asked Krystal.

Krystal opened the door a bit more wide enough for Chanyeol to see me. So as Krystal stepped out, Chanyeol walked in. 

"I was looking for you. What happened?" he said, standing in front of me.

"Nothing." I replied, walking away from him. "I was checking on a patient."

"Who? The guy..... or that girl?" he said and followed me along.

"Both." I looked at him as he tried to look for other words to say.

*rings*

Fortunately, the phone saved me. "Hello? Oh Qri. Why?"

"You gotta come here. You won't guess what is actually happening." Qri said on the other line.

"Eh?" I quickly hung up and wrapped up the office.

"Where are you going again?" Chanyeol asked because he saw me being on the rush. 

"Just going to check on some things."

"I'm still not done talking to you....." he muttered while hastily following me around the room.

"Let's just talk some other time okay?" I said and got out of the room.

 

-Stranger's POV-

 

Upon Jiyeon's order, I set off to Qri's office for the check-up. I shoved off my thoughts on Jonghyun first and try thinking about them some other time. 

I reached the door to Qri's office. Somehow, there was a strange feeling coming from inside the room. But nevertheless, I went in.

"Oh, its you right? The stranger Jiyeon was talking about?"

"Yeah." 

"Okay sit down, sit down." 

I did so accordingly. 

"So how's your arm?"

"Still wrapped in this cast. Would you mind checking on it?"

"Sure. Wait, let me get the equipments." Qri replied and left to the back of the room.

So, I was alone. I was trying to be comfortable when I heard a door open. I later realized that it came from the restroom just behind where I was sitting. I looked around and saw a man coming out of the comfort room; ironically very familiar to me. 

He had his head down so I stood up to see his face.

 

"J--J-Jonghyun?" I said.

The man looked at me. "H-Hyung?!"

In just a matter of seconds, we embraced each other; almost crying in joy. When we got hold of ourselves, I asked him, "Why are you here? Did you follow me?"

"Yes hyung. I was worried to death knowing that you went missing."

"Ahhhhh you kiddo. Don't you know that you could be in danger if you're with me?"

"I didn't care hyung. All I wanted was to find you."

"Then promise me you won't get in trouble okay? Just go home to Jeju after this, alright?"

"No hyung. I won't go back until you go with me."

"Jonghyun, I still need to take care of some important matters here. I can't get you involved."

"Jonghyun?! Are you there? Just wait, I'm gonna give you the release papers now. I'm still looking for a bandage here." Qri yelled from the back of the room, alarming us.

"Then let's make an agreement." I told Jonghyun.

"What is it?"

"Never ever tell anyone about our past."

"Is that all?" he protested.

"And, never ever call me by my name."

"Why hyung?"

"Just don't. Got it?" I tapped his shoulders.

"Okay hyung." He agreed. Just then, Qri came back with the tools and she caught us talking.

"Omo, you know each other?" she exclaimed.

"Yeah. We were once workmates on a summerjob last year." I said, saying an almost believable lie. 

"Oh really? Ah- wait a minute, I gotta call somebody." Qri mysteriously went to the restroom; I don't know why.

"So uhh-- It's really a coincidence that you knew each other, and you're in the same hospital!" Qri muttered as she came out of the rest room. 

"Ahh yeah- I think so. Its because hyung and I often get to trouble haha." Jonghyun said.

"Hyung?" Qri asked while unwrapping the cast from my arm. 

"Yeah. He's one year older than me so.... hyung."

"Ahhh." Qri continued checking my arm and I was glad that the cast was finally taken off. That moment, Jiyeon bursted in the room. She glanced at me and Jongyun critically.

"Hyung, who is she? Why's she staring at us?" Jonghyun panicked.

"Hyung? You're brothers?" Jiyeon asked and walked towards Jonghyun.

"Ahh- no. Just workmates...... last year....... summerjob....." Jonghyun replied, stuttering.

Qri interfered, "So Jonghyun, here are your release papers. You're claustrophobic so take the meds I listed there to avoid panic attacks that may result to fainting. And you, stranger- although your cast is gone, you should still take proper care of yourself okay? Little bumps will cause it to swell again."

"Alright." Jonghyun and I both replied while sheepishly grinning.

Just then, because the door was left opened by Jiyeon's entrance, Krystal's presence from outside can be clearly seen. 

"Oh? Krystal!" I approached her. "You're done with the check-up? How'd it go?"

"The results will be out next week."

"Ah, is that so?"

I kinda felt like I was paying too much attention on Krystal so she said, "I-Is it okay for me to be here?"

"Of course! They're just my friends-- except Dr. Park Jiyeon." I winked at Jiyeon, teasing her. "Oh hey, let me introduce Jonghyun."

"Hi," Krystal shyly said.

"Hello! Nice meeting you, K-Krystal ssi?" Jonghyun replied.

When they were about to shake hands, Krystal's phone rang.

"Yes oppa?"

"What?!"

"Where are you right now?" Krystal said, shocked.

"Dongguk hospital?! Alright, I'm coming there..." 


*13 is up! How are the events like? Krystal's oppa will be revealed pretty soon! Happy vacation! ^ ^ *