Chapter 29

Hello, Stranger!

CALM BEFORE THE STORM►

 

All this time, Myungsoo knew someone was following him. At first he thought it was absurd, but he had his hunch proven right. He was half annoyed and happy since he did not know who was it.

He halted exactly the moment his curiousity him up. He saw her walking towards him, heads down. When she stopped at an inch from him and saw his face, Myungsoo just can't help his heart pounding.

"Why did you look for me?" Myungsoo talked. Jiyeon was surprised he would actually know she was following him, and so she kept quiet. 

All of a sudden, Myungsoo pulled Jiyeon into an embrace. "Tell me you missed me. Because I missed you so much." he uttered. 

Jiyeon did not hesitate and brought her foot one step forward and hugged Myungsoo back. "I missed you so much I thought I was going to die."

They held each other tightly, not wanting to let go. A smile formed on each of their faces as they were very happy to be in that moment. They felt their own hearts pounding, and both of them hoped time would stop. 

It was not until Jiyeon caught a glimpse of the surrounding that they started to let go of each other. She realized they were exactly in front of her house and she looked at Myungsoo demanding for an explanation. 

"I knew someone was following me... and I thought it was you." Myungsoo answered.

Jiyeon was embarrassed but grateful. "W-what does this mean? A-Are you coming back??" 

Myungsoo gave her a bittersweet smile; Jiyeon was confused. "Would you like to take a walk?" Myungsoo asked. Jiyeon nodded. 

This time, they walked side to side- no longer in the act of stalking each other. Jiyeon's mind was confused while Myungsoo's just can't be read. Little by little, their hands brushed against each other. But both of them were too much of a coward to take the hand of another and so they just kept silent.

All of a sudden, Jiyeon stopped her tracks and lagged behind Myungsoo.

"What is it?" Myungsoo came to ask her.

"I am so frustrated. Aren't you?" Jiyeon said in a really frustrating tone.

"Why? What is it-?" 

Jiyeon eventually vented out her frustrations and snatched Myungsoo's hand, holding it. Then, she gave him a look which translates as 'why does it take you so long to hold mine?'. 

Myungsoo was very quick to decode this and so he held back Jiyeon's hand, locking each of his fingers to Jiyeon's. "Like this?" He said. He followed it with a smile when he knew Jiyeon was satisfied. And then they continued on walking with hands intertwined until they reached the park.

Just like what they did once in the past, they sat on a swing separately. Still, they were quiet while looking at the stars.

"I don't think I can go back to your house.." Myungsoo broke the silence.

"Why?" Jiyeon protested. "Everything's fine with us. We can just go back to how we used to be." she added. But Myungsoo kept quiet.

"If this is about Myungsoo, he said it was all fine--- "

"That's why..." Myungsoo interrupted her. "I hate him for a couple of things, but you're on his side."

"Wha-? Kai, Myungsoo is not a bad guy! What reason do you have for hating him?"

"I have my reasons, and I don't want to argue. But if I'm going to go back to your house, we'll just end up talking about him. And I just hate to hear his name." Myungsoo answered.

"I really don't understand you.." Jiyeon stood up from the swing. "But still, I want you to go back." she pleaded.

"Only if I don't hear his name." Myungsoo firmly responded.

Jiyeon was almost going crazy. After some thinking and a few sighing, she replied, "Okay then. No more 'Myungsoos' in the house." with a smile.

"Thank you. Thank you a lot." Myungsoo meant it, even if Jiyeon actually bans his own name in the house without her knowing, still- he was happy she granted his wish.

--

Myungsoo went to Jonghyun's house to get his things. He briefly tells Jonghyun thank you for the 2 day stay and that he'll owe him a treat some time. Jonghyun was too sleepy to even ask him what happened, and so he just remained blank and confused until his friend officially left his place.

"Waaahhh! I missed this couch a lot!" He exclaimed the time he stepped into Jiyeon's house. Jiyeon, who has just done a half bath, went to see him sitting excitedly on the sofa. 

"Are you going to sleep?" Myungsoo asked. 

"Yeah, in a bit." 

"Okay." Myungsoo stood up from sitting and walked past Jiyeon. Jiyeon wondered where he was headed to. When she entered her room, she saw Myungsoo comfortably lying down on her bed. 

Her bed was a couple sized one, and it was completely possible for two people to sleep there. "Omomomomo- why are you here?" Jiyeon murmured. Myungsoo did not answer, and it looked like he was already fast asleep. 

"Yaaaa~~" Jiyeon walked near the bed to see that Myungsoo was indeed already sleeping. Having a lot of stress due to the work, Jiyeon also climbed up the bed slowly so as not to disturb Myungsoo. She looked funny trying to act normal when inside, her thoughts are amounting to a lot of erted ideas. And just in case, she made sure the lights were on and she was wrapped in a blanket to hide her night dress.

When she started to calm down, Myungsoo turned around so he was facing Jiyeon's way. Again, Jiyeon frozed and glanced at Myungsoo who still had his eyes closed. She waved her hands across its face to check if he was really asleep and he really was.

Assured that Myungsoo was in deep slumber, she also turned so that she was facing Myungsoo. Upon observing the man, she felt like she could hear his heartbeat and every breath he took made her heart jump. This was the first time she have ever shared a bed with a man and this was also the first time she was extremly nervous with just seeing a man's face so close. 

"Why don't you turn off the lights?" All of a sudden, Myungsoo opened his eyes and spoke. Staring just right through Jiyeon, he pulled her closer to him.

Undoubtedly, Jiyeon was shaking and it was unknown to her why. But she tried to keep herself calm and replied, "Why?"

"Isn't it better with the lights off?" Myungsoo told her and grinned. "That way you wouldn't be so shy." 

Finally, upon hearing that, Jiyeon went to beet red from white. "YYAAAAA~!!" She tried to escape from Myungsoo's grip but can't. 

Myungsoo thought it was funny of her to think that way. He loved her being like that and he liked her best when embarrassed. And so he just can't stop smiling and grinning like crazy. 

"Just kidding. Hahaha." He said and softened his grip on Jiyeon's hands. Jiyeon was now free but she did not free herself. She was contented seeing Myungsoo's face up close.

Myungsoo lifted her head so that it was resting on his arms, and hugged her tightly. Jiyeon felt safe in his presence, and so she was able to peacefully sleep all the way to morning. 

When Jiyeon woke up, she dragged her feet towards the kitchen for a glass of water. The house was quiet as she observed, and there was no sign of Myungsoo around. She saw a post-it note on the fridge that read,  “I went to work early. Had something to do.”

Myungsoo entered the employees’ quarters thirty minutes before his work would begin. He changed into formal clothes in no time. He sat down and scanned the cue cards about the museum tour today when he caught glimpse of an object leaning beside the lockers, covered with a pile of unused props. He picked it up and discovered that it was an empty canvas. As he dug out the pile, he further discovered a couple of brushes with paint canisters. With this, an idea came into his mind.

Krystal entered the room about five minutes before her shift with Myungsoo started. “Did you come in early?” she asked him who was preoccupied with something.

“Oh. I took time to review the cue cards.”

“What are you doing?”

“Nothing, don’t mind me.” Myungsoo grinned and stood up to get ready. Krystal felt he was definitely into something, but couldn’t tell what it was. She only saw a rectangle shaped thing beside the lockers which Myungsoo laid before getting up.

Throughout the day, everytime they had a break, Myungsoo always disappeared into the quarters. Krystal noticed this and she eventually gave in to the thought of coming in to find out what it is that’s bothering Myungsoo so much.

When she came in, Myungsoo was startled. “Ohh… are we starting?”

“No…. not yet.” She replied, glancing at what Myungsoo hid behind him.

“Ohhh….”

“You know what, I am so bothered about the way you’re behaving today.” Krystal uttered, while circling around Myungsoo.

“W-w-what…..?”

“What is th------is?” Krystal asked excitedly, upon snatching the canvas.

Myungsoo was left speechless, quite embarrassed.

“Daebak…… Did you do this?”

Myungsoo sighed.

“It’s beautiful…. Wow, I didn’t know you still had the skills, even after what happened. No wonder oppa-“ Krystal stopped; Myungsoo looked at him.

“I mean, no wonder a lot of people envy you……. Including my brother.” Krystal put down the canvas and continued, “Anyway, I really mean it. It’s beautiful. Jjang!”

 

It was already dark when Jiyeon came home after a long day of duty in the hospital. She found the house unlit and wondered where Myungsoo could have been. When she opened the door and stepped in, warm hands covered her eyes and gave her a shiver.

“Ya, what is this?” She murmured while trying to balance herself.

“Just…… go with it.” Myungsoo muttered.

After about ten steps, they stopped. “I’m not sure whether you’ll like this though…” Myungsoo whispered.

“Just take your hands off and I’ll decide for myself.”

Slowly, the stranger’s hands were taken off, and Jiyeon opened her eyes. She saw the painting leaning on the wall, a portrait of herself beautifully drawn and painted. She was very amazed she almost thought she was looking at a mirror because the picture was so close to a real life image.

“Judging by your reaction, I think you liked it.” Myungsoo smiled beside her.

“I love it.” She stared onto it, and then to Myungsoo. Myungsoo came to hug her, caressing her head gently. Jiyeon hugged him back, drowning in an ocean of joy.

“Can we stay like this for a long time?” Myungsoo said, looking at her straight into the eyes.

“Thank you…. “ Jiyeon lifted her head and kissed him on the lips.

 

A/N: Alright, I don't deserve all of you :( this is so long overdued. But since I have to finish what I have started, I will do my best to finish this. I sincerely apologize.