Chapter 15

Hello, Stranger!

THE TWIST►

 

 

I attended a birthday party that night in a restaurant somewhere in Namdaemun. A lot of my friends gathered and we unexpectedly stayed until late at night.

"Yifan, thank you for the meal. And, happy birthday again bro." I told Yifan, my friend who celebrated his 25th birthday. 

"Thanks bro." He replied as we shook hands. "Are you leaving already?"

"Yeah. Its getting late and I still have to see my sister."

"Oh. Okay, you sure you can drive?"

"Yeah. I'm not sober, I just had a drink."

"Alright. Thanks again bro!" he exclaimed as I rode on my silver cadillac. I waved at him for the last time and started the engine running.

The night was deep but Seoul was filled with city lights. I calmly sped up on the empty highway as I was going to see my sister. 

As I reached the intersection, the spotlight turned red. I waited and for a bit, it turned green. 

I croseed the intersection with no worries but an insanely, fast truck was speeding towards me. I honked the horn for several times and even tried to changing lanes but it seems like the driver lost control of his truck. 

Fortunately, I avoided the truck as it was still speeding through the highway. I was too focused on thinking about where the truck went that when I looked ahead, a postlight stood before me. With all my might, I turned the wheel 360 degrees to avoide the post but I found my car flying in the air and landing into the highway, upside down. 

The airbag saved my face and then I only heard the murmurs of the crowd. I was not quite sure of my situation because I've been hanging inside the car, stuck with my seatbelt on. I was breaking into cold sweat when I heard the siren of the ambulance. 

They were able to take me out from the car safely and carried me to the ambulance. I was barely awake when I tried to call my sister as the ambulance goes. 

"Yes oppa?"

"K---Krystal...... I got into a car accident."

"What?! Where are you right now?"

Just as I looked outside the window, I knew that we arrived in the hospital. 

"D......Dongguk hospital-"

 

That was the last thing I remembered when I woke up the next morning- in a hospital room, with IV drips and oxygen mask. 

"Oh.. op-pa?" I recognized Krystal who was sleeping on the edge of the bed. "You're awake..." she said and took off my oxygen mask so that I could speak.

"Uh," I replied and lifted my upper body so that it leaned on the back rest. "Was it bad?" I asked, looking at my right leg.

"Mmmmm..... not...... that bad." 

"I tell you I was not. really. drunk! Its because of the truck! The truck!!"

"I know, i know. Oppa, you're not the type who gets drunk because if you really will, I'll chop that beautiful hand of yours!!"

"Yaa yaaa- calm down! Don't you have any pity on me? I became like this because I was in so much rush to see my dongsaeng~~"

"L.i.e.s. Since when did you ever....?"

"Ah, really!! Oppa crossed the highway at late night to see you! Krystal ah, why won't you believe me, uh?"

"Ya-- I heard you went to Yifan oppa's birthday. You really think I would believe you?" Krystal retaliated, at the same time twisting my arm.

"Yaa! Krystal stop this- Ya! It hurts!! Yaaaa!" 

She stopped it when she remembered something. "Ah! They told me that you should go see the doctor as soon as you wake up. Go now, palli! Palli~" she nagged.

"How am I going to go there?"

"Tsssss. Wheelchair, wheelchair!"

"I'm going alone?"

"Of course! I have to settle the bill." she poked her pouting face and stepped out of the room. 

"Yaaa! It's still one night-- why'd settle the bill-- YAA!"

--

 

Fortunately, the heavens seem to be with me this time. I managed to get on the wheelchair and barely made it to the doctor's office also. The door sign says it must be Dr. Park Jiyeon that's in the office. 

I entered the room and a girl doctor was sitting on the chair. The name plaque says "Dr. Park Jiyeon."

"Oh you're already awake?" she asked when she saw me approaching her table.

I looked around the office, scanning each and every corner. Somehow, it felt strange. "Ah, yeah. They told me to...."

The middle of my words were cut off when I saw someone's arms hanging on the couch. I moved my wheelchair slightly so that it would give me view of the person. I zoomed in on the face of that man who was peacefully sleeping on the couch. ".... to come here at your office as soon as I got up."

"Ah, that's right." she replied.

I continued zooming on the person but my eyes just won't cooperate. 

"By the way, I have to register the patient's record so, may I ask what's your name?"

 

 

"Ah-- My name is...... M-Myungsoo." I grinned.

 

-Stranger's POV-

Last night, Jiyeon told me to go home and rest, but my body feels so tired that I can't even try to lift a step. So I suddenly thought of her office and secretly snuck in. I found the sofa comfortable and therefore I did not know I slept the whole night.

Originally, I had planned to rest for a bit and wait for Jiyeon to wake me up so that we may go home together. But I don't remember her calling me or waking me up. Have I really been into deep sleep?

 

 

That morning, when I got up, no one was in the room. Jiyeon's desk was neat though the chair was slightly out of place. I wonder where she went off at this early hour?

 

Awhile later, the door opened; I quickly hid under the table.

"Hyung's not here....." the voice said. "I searched the whole hospital, where is he?"

I exactly recognized the voice. I carefully went out from under the table and grabbed the perfect timing so that it wouldn't look like I was hiding. "Oh Jonghyun!"

Jonghyun turned around, "Hyung! Eh? I thought nobody's here....."

"What are you saying, I was just tidying the trash bin." I picked up the empty trashbin and showed it to him. He seemed to believe me. "By the way, why are you looking for me?"

Jonghyun approached me with nervous steps. "Hyung..."

"What?"

 

"Hyung........ we're in trouble."

 

-Author's POV-

"Alright, I'll see you later Myungsoo, Krystal." Jiyeon said to Myungsoo who was sitting on a wheelchair and to Krystal who was behind him. 

"Thank you Doctor." the girl, Krystal, replied. "Oppa, where do you want to go?" she asked as the doctor walks away.

"Anywhere." The guy replied.

--

 

On the other hand, a frantic Jonghyun comes out from Jiyeon's office. His face is unsketchable and his actions are unsure of what to do. Finally, he walks to the direction which Myungsoo and her sister took. He keeps his head down, somewhat thinking deeply. 

"Hey," Myungsoo was caught by Jonghyun's strange behavior. He called onto him. 

"Oh?" Jonghyun turns to face him; his face filled with shock.

"I think we met somewhere before... ?" Myungsoo asks.

"E-eh? A-aah, no. I don't think so. You've just been introduced to me by K-Krystal." Jonghyun replies, awkwardly grinning.

Myungsoo thinks for a moment. "But I really think we....."

"K--Krystal, let's go eat some other time huh?" Jonghyun exclaims, desprerately trying to change the topic. He bows down to Myungsoo, who is still stuck in nowhere, thinking. Jonghyun then promptly leaves the scene. 

 

-Stranger's POV-

After Jonghyun was done talking to me, I headed out of the room. I figured out that Jiyeon was still not coming back, so I thought to find her. 

When I closed the door, someone yelled. "Hey!"

I looked around to make sure he's not yelling at anyone else. He seemed angry as he was nearing to me. I remained perfectly calm.

"What are you doing inside Jiyeon's office?!"

I stared at him, blank. Now I remember, he was Chanyeol.

"I said what are you doing inside?!?!"

"I slept. Why?" I replied. 

"You...... slept?!"

"Uh. With Jiyeon."

"What did you say?!?!?!?!" Chanyeol exclaimed, grabbing my collar. 

"I said I spent the night in Jiyeon's office." I pulled Chanyeol's hands away. "What's with you?"

"You.......... !!" He acted as if he was gonna beat me any moment but God was really by my side today. 

"Yaaaa! Ya, ya, ya~! What are the two of you doing right now?!"

Chanyeol stepped back. "Jiyeon ah, this guy came out from your office!!"

I fixed my collar which was wrinkled thanks to Chanyeol. Jiyeon glanced at me...... I mean more like glaring while mouthing the words "Jerk. I told you to be careful!"

I also mouthed her, "What have I done wrong?!" when Chanyeol wasn't watching.

She put a face and told Chanyeol, "I scheduled him a check-up,"

"But he said he slept with you!!!"

She looked at me, now even throwing virtual fireballs. I sheepishly grinned. 

"Ch--Chanyeol, that is absolutely not true!"

"Jiyeon I know, I know. I know you're not that kind of girl..." Chanyeol hugged her in front of me and the grin I had was gone all of a sudden. She continued glaring at me while she was being hugged. 

I turned around so I would not see them. I myself, was feeling weird. It was the most strange feeling I had my whole life. 

"Do you think we need to call the security? And let's charge him with malicious behavior and public harassment. What do you think?" I heard Chanyeol say. 

Before Jiyeon could reply, I walked away from them. I had my head down and went with a heavy heart. 

Just then, when I was crossing the hallway, a familiar person met my eyes. It was Krystal, taking a stroll while pushing the wheelchair in which a man was sitting.

 

I stopped walking when the man looked up to me saying, "We meet again......... Kai." 

I heard it clearly; the man sitting on the wheelchair---- he called me Kai. 

 

*BABAAAM~ Chappie 15 is out. OMG, things are a little bit out of control! The stranger's name has been revealed.... was it really?? Stay tuned for the next chap! Pls give me lots of love and fighting Jiyeon's 1min 1 sec MV! Have you watched it alreadyy? Happy vacation! ^^*