Chapter 21

Hello, Stranger!

THE PLOT►

 

"Krystal ah- I only have you in this world, can't you help me just this once?" Kai begs Krystal who shows signs of unwillingness to listen.

She takes a deep breath and replies, "What is it? What do you want me to do?"

Hastily, Kai stood on his feet with radiance in his face. 

"One, I won't lie. Two, no one's life will be ruined." Krystal spoke ahead to caution her oppa with whatsoever it was thinking.

Kai sighs. "Alright. You just have to deal with Jonghyun. I take care of Myungsoo and Jiyeon."

"What about Jonghyun?"

Kai takes three strides around the room and speaks, "When I planned all of this, I forgot that somehow, someday- Jonghyun might be a huge hindrance... "

"....you only have to keep a very close distance with him, and that possible would help a lot if you'd know their every move."

Krystal shook her head almost because of disgust. "Okay. I get it oppa." She muttered. "But if I knew that you are doing things beyond control, certainly- you'd be alone in this world. I wouldn't have second thoughts to leave you and do the right thing." She continued and gave a very threatening gaze to Kai. Then, she goes out of the hospital room.

 

 

-Kai's POV-

From afar, as I went out of my room, I witnessed a very splendid yet tensed view. Chanyeol took hold og Myungsoo's collar, while Jiyeon was beside him. And then a little while later, the instant when things almost got out of control, someone or two interfered.

 

-Stranger/Myungsoo's POV-

"Hyung," Jonghyun came. Chanyeol looked at him as well as the people around. He dropped me off a bit roughly. I looked at Jiyeon as she hesitated to let go of my hand. She eventually did and walked away. I wanted to hold onto her but she looked so down. Instead, I let Chanyeol be with her. 

Few seconds after, Krystal came rushing from behind Jonghyun. "Myung- I mean, Kai.... o-ppa,"

"What's with the buzz, Jonghyun, Krystal?"

"What did I see just now? You and Chanyeol....?"

I glanced at Chanyeol who has just turned right of the hallway, following Jiyeon.

"What... What happened?" Krystal butted in. 

I pulled Jonghyun to a corner and revealed, "I told him Jiyeon was mine," Jonghyun grunts. "and then he was mad." Krystal became secluded and was standing alone in the hallway when we noticed her again.

"Hey, what happened? Why do you two not tell me anything?"

I went back to her. "By the way, why are you here?"

"I was about to get the test results from Dr. Park Jiyeon. It's supposed to be out.."

"Ahhhh..." Jonghyun added. "Why don't we talk outside hyung, while Krystal gets her test results?"

"Mmm, that sounds good."

"Alright. So we'll be seeing you later Krystal." Jonghyun said and together, we headed for the exit. 

"Hey!! Jonghyun!! Tell me what happened!" Krystal yelled at us.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

After that encounter, Chanyeol followed me until we were at the flower garden of the hospital's vicinity. We stood one meter apart from each other. There was a very strange atmosphere.

"Let's sort this out Chanyeol." I spoke.

"Yeah. We should."

"So where do we start?" I asked.

Chanyeol with his stiff face replied, "The stranger."

"O-Okay. At that point, I believe we're on the same page. I only know his name and the rest is a mystery."

"The hands." He muttered.

"That-- doesn't mean anything."

"Us." Chanyeol said in a relatively more stiff tone.

"We're good friends, r-right?"

Chanyeol snapped his head and faced the heavens. "Are you really trying to sort this out Jiyeon?"

"What do you think?"

"At least let's be honest. You know that I have been so vocal about my feelings. What do you think am I feeling right now?" Chanyeol asked, gritting his teeth. 

I stayed silent.

"I am feeling so bad that I wanted to punch that guy straight in the face."

"Chanyeol, why would you do that?"

He gazed at the ground and kicked some pebbles. "Because it hurts." He looked at me crying. "That night, I have prepared an event for you." he scoffed. "I'd try to understand if you could not go because of the emergency at the hospital. And so I tried to talk to you but you were avoiding a conversation," he sniffed and wiped his flowing tears hastily. "Please, tell me if you're not or were just making a fool out of me."

For the first time in forever, I got to see a funny and out-going Chanyeol, plead and beg. I never got to say anything as he walked away. I knew it was hard on Chanyeol's part and it pierces me to think that I caused him to feel such. Was it my fault for choosing the wrong person that time? It was also hard for me, having to be stuck in a difficult situation. 

Nevertheless, I really think that I made a huge mess.

 

-Stranger/Myungsoo's POV-

"What now hyung? What do we do?" Jonghyun asked as we talked in the parking lot of the hospital.

"What do you mean 'we' do? I should be a lot more concerced with that."

"What if I tell Chanyeol about Kai, so that he'll get your side?"

I reached for my left pocket and slid my hand there, "Jonghyun, I'm telling you my situation but that doesn't mean that you're getting involved okay?"

His forehead creased. 

"No one's telling someone anything. Kai has a lot of plans ahead, Chanyeol should not be taken as his or my side."

"But hyung, do you really mean what you said about Jiyeon being yours? Because if so, then Kai would also have plans for her."

I paused to think. Now that I remember, this scenario has never come across my mind. "I gotta go." I tapped Jonghyun's shoulders and went running towards the hospital.

 

 

 

Down the hallway, I saw Chanyeol in his casual coat heading for the outside. He noticed me eyeing him. He stopped to look at me but later on moved. I also started moving and just ahead, I saw Jiyeon walking towards me, but looking through Chanyeol's shadow. 

"Jiyeon, we need to talk." I told her when we met.

"Please, not now." she replied.

"Are you up to Chanyeol.... ?"

"Yeah." Before I could properly ask her, she disappeared and left. I badly want to tell her that now's not the time to be so worked up about Chanyeol because something bigger might happen. While we are so busy monitoring our lives, Kight might be advancing a lot.

"I see that you're ditched over that Doctor." Speaking of the devil, Kai appeared crawling with his wheelchair.

"And I see that you're stalking me."

He grinned. "Oh, not really. I walked by here in coincidence."

"Tch." I dissed and was about to leave him there but he muttered and his words seem to have pulled me from where I was.

"Based on your actions, I suppose that you already know my plans....."

I wanted to ignore him not until he continued, "Hmmmm, I'm so confused right now..... Do I get the hand.....? Or the girl...?"

I turned around and approached Kai in his wheelchair, "You don't have to be confused. Why not get both? And make sure you try your hardest." I tapped his shoulder and disappeared.

 

 

 

 

On my way, I came across Krystal and I noticed that she was somehow flustered. 

"Oppa," she said.

"Oh Krystal," I replied. "Are you done?"

"That's the problem. I don't see Dr. Park Jiyeon."

"Oh, I just saw her go outside. She was with..... Chanyeol." I said and recalled how Jiyeon chased after Chanyeol in the hallway. I sighed and promptly left Krystal.

"K-Kai oppa.... !" 

I stopped and something snapped. I turned around and saw that Krystal was walking towards me. "Oppa.... I want to tell you something."

I flinched and I kind of knew what was coming. "Oppa.... you have to be careful."

I looked at her hoping for further information but she hesitated to say anything. She just turned around and walked away. Luckily, I went back to my senses and grabbed her hand. 

"I just realized that you called me Kai...." 

She looked at me in horror. "Isn't Kai your brother?"

Krystal slipped out of my grip and stayed silent.

"Do you know me?" I asked her, intensely looking through her eyes. 

She hugged herself tightly and looked around. "Let's talk somewhere else."

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Chanyeol wait . . . !" I yelled as I ran after Chanyeol while he goes out of the hospital and heads for his car.

When I reached his car, he was already inside it, doors shut and seatbelt on. I pounded the window glass and repeatedly blurted his name. He the engine and I thought I was going to lose it. 

But then the window glass slid down and Chanyeol said to me, "Get in."

I hopped on and we started moving. 

 

 

 

While we were running, we were both silent. Each of us looked straight down the road, but I had tons of thoughts on my mind. 

"Are you mad at me? Or are you mad at something else?" I asked him. 

He sat perfectly still, with his right hand on the steering wheel and the other folded against the arm rest.

"Chanyeol, I need you to tell me."

"I'm mad at someone that's not you."

"Who? Kai?"

I watched him and his lips curved into a smile. And then he stopped the car somewhere familiar. "Instead of being mad, why don't we make use of the free time?"

Quickly, he parked the car and turned to me. "Let's have fun."

 

-Stranger/Myungsoo's POV-

"M--Myungsoo...... Kim Myungsoo?" Krystal hesitantly said. We were walking at the sidewalk away from the hospital. I don't know why, but she proposed that we talk at some other place so yeah, we're here.

"So all this time, you do know that I was just pretending."

"Actually, I didn't think it that way. Much more like, my brother was pretending to be you. Am I right? You did not intend to do it in the first place."

We continued walking and I kept my hands firmly in my pocket. "Yeah. This whole pretending thing was not really part of the plan."

"So... what was the plan actually?" Krystal asked.

"I'm afraid I'm not telling you." 

She shrugged and went pale. "Why not?"

"Because I'm afraid." I replied and smiled; I walked ahead of her. 

She ran after me like a dog biting on a leg bone proudly. "I won't be telling anyone about this. Trust me." After, she walked back opposite of my direction, towards the hospital.

I thought to myself. Could I really trust her?

I traced her path with my eyes and straightened my back. Is this all a part of Kai's plan?

I scratched my head because I was confused. Hopefully, I could advance next time. 

 

*Okay so the computer was down for 2 weeks and it just hurts because this chap was supposed to be posted last week. I'm sorry for that. :( 22 is under the process of completion so I can absolutely say that it will be up sooner ^^ BTW, please tune in for the next chapter because there will a lot of ChanYeon, KaiYeon, and MyungYeon moments <3<3 Aweeee i'm such a spoil authornim.....*