Chapter 28

Hello, Stranger!

TELL ME►

 

"Hyung," Jonghyun asked Myungsoo that morning when they were having a nice breakfast of toast and bread. 

"Mm?" 

"Did you know that Jiyeon came here yesterday?"

"Really?" Myungsoo jumped out of his seat. "Did she look for me? Did you tell her?"

"I was about to tell her that you were staying here..." Jonghyun muttered. 

"Then?"

"She asked if you were here, but I kinda mixed that up with 'were-you-here-at-that-specific-time' so I told her you weren't since that was the really the truth, you weren't here that time because you're working."

Myungsoo did not know what to feel. He wanted to hear from Jonghyun that he told her he was there, but on the other side, he was thankful that Jonghyun lied. Then he remembered last night, if he was right, Jiyeon did come looking for him. 

Ah, if he was also right, he somehow felt Jiyeon's presence around him the whole day yesterday. 

What if she really looked for me?

What if she wants me to go back?

What if she feels very lonely and she needs me to be there by her side?

"Hyung?" Jonghyun broke the silence when he noticed Myungsoo aloof. "What do you think? Did I do well?"

"Mm? Ah, y-yeah. It's good that you didn't tell her.. I think that would be best."

"I know right! But she looked very.... sad. I wanted to ask her if she was doing fine." Jonghyun replied.

Myungsoo stared at his friend. "S-sad?" 

Jonghyun nodded. Myungsoo picked a piece of bread and stuffed it into his mouth before he took his bag and left.

--

At the entrance to the museum, Myungsoo came across Krystal. He noticed that Krystal gave an extra effort to her outfit, a corporate long sleeved attire paired with a black pencil skirt - making her sleek curves show clearly. He just can't help but to compliment her. 

"Is it just me, or you look good today?" Myungsoo said as the two of them walked into the building. 

Krystal shyly smiled. She did not know how to respond to Myungsoo's compliment.

But Myungsoo was not bothered as to whether Krystal would feel shy since he said that only because he has to win her a favor for today.

They went inside the room for employees and Krystal arranged her belongings inside one of the lockers at the same time, practicing the lines for today's tour. Myungsoo, was busy rummaging his bag just to find Jonghyun's wrinkled long sleeves. His jaw widened in shock and then exhaled a large amount of air. He cursed himself for forgetting to hang the clothes last night.

Myungsoo only had his plain white undershirt on. He tried to straighten the wrinkled sleeves using his hands when Krystal saw him.

"Yaa~ give it to me. It should be done like this," Krystal snatched the shirt and began straightening it with her own style. Apparently, we did the same thing but it's amazing that there is actually a huge difference with the results.

"Whoaaa~ Awesome! H--How... ?" Myungsoo exclaimed.

Krystal just smirked. "I do this with my brother's clothes.. He's like you. Haha. Kai oppa is always lazy to hang his clothes after work."

Upon hearing Kai's name, Myungsoo's expression darkened. Krystal was quick to notice this.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

After a second, Myungsoo nodded. He walked to Krystal and briefly held her hand. The female was taken aback. "Krystal... I need some favor."

Krystal looked directly to Myungsoo's begging eyes and replied, "What is it?"

--

Myungsoo, with his plain shirt on, ran towards a familiar place. It was not new running there to him since he did this already back in the past. The hospital, that is - where Jiyeon worked.

This morning, everything for him was doing fine not until Jonghyun revealed that Jiyeon had been looking for him yesterday. And as he walked to work, there was this eerie feeling he felt that made him very weary. She wanted to see him. And he also badly wanted to see her.

In the middle of the morning, around 9:00 am, he stood by the front gate of the hospital. There, he was lucky and happy to see Jiyeon's figure coming outside when it was still obviously work hours.

But his happiness did not last long since behind Jiyeon, there followed Kai. Uncomfortable with his cane, Kai stood behind her as they made their way outside the establishment.

Myungsoo hid himself behind one of the posts, but still kept his eyes pasted to the two. When he knew they were out for a walk, he followed them.

The three of them walked across the alley separately. But it was more like, the two of them walked the alley separately from Myungsoo. Jiyeon walked nice and fast and Kai could not keep up. Soon, Jiyeon realized this and she slowed down, even giving an arm for Kai. Kai willingly took hold of her arm, although a bit embarrassed that he's clinging onto a girl instead of a vice versa.

Now Myungsoo has witnessed all of these, and he was extremely fuming about the scene. It was like in any moment, he'll go mad and start screaming around the place.

He was so annoyed and irritated that he lost track of them at a four way street. Desparately, he looked around and took to every street to find them back again but resorted to nothingness. Instead, he came across a live street performance of a group of young people.

A huge crowd filled the place and at one point, Myungsoo saw just a glimpse of Jiyeon's hair. But still, he knew it was her. He came near to her but stopped when he saw Kai beside her. They were talking and smiling and laughing just like a happy couple enjoying a sweet date. Then later, Kai offered to buy Jiyeon a drink and squeezed out of the crowd.

Jiyeon was left alone at the front of the crowd, enjoying the performance. Myungsoo stood behind her at 3 meters.

When everyone thought the performance was over, a black van arrived in the place. When its doors opened, a tall, handsome looking guy stepped out. It was INFINITE's Woohyun. And it was then when the crowd started to go wild over an idol. It appeared that Woohyun was a special guest of the young teens' performance.

There started a lot of people swarming the front just like bees crowding in on a fresh nectar. But even though a lot of heads blocked Myungsoo's view, he only had the image of Jiyeon being forcefully pushed down at the front.

Without hesitation, he pushed through the people and covered Jiyeon with himself. He received a lot of hard bumps and knocks while perfectly covering Jiyeon with his body. Jiyeon had no idea of this as she was confused with everyone's actions, but she was probably thankful for what happened.

When the situation became chaotic all of a sudden, Woohyun's manager stepped up to ask for a little peace and harmony. That's when everybody started to find their places again and calm down.

Myungsoo slowly distanced from Jiyeon and at the same time, Kai came back after having a lot of struggle to squeeze into the crowd.

"Are you okay?" Kai said.

"Yeah." Jiyeon replied. She also had been wondering that she came out okay. And as she turned around to see whoever was that who made it possible for her to be alright, she only saw a couple of unfamiliar faces. 

But all she did not know was that Myungsoo, who covered her, has already got out of the crowd and walked the path away from them.

--

When it was afternoon, Myungsoo came back to work anxiously. He met Krystal at the worker's lounge just 5 minutes before their duty is starting. 

He saw his wrinkled long sleeves hanged by the closet, now already straightened up.

"How was it?" Myungsoo asked Krystal who was again, busy preparing.

"It went fine. Though I was scared the manager would notice you ditching work. Plus, I had to memorize your lines in addition to mine for the tour." Krystal winked. "Ah, and you'd owe me something for making me come up with useless lies whenever someone would ask for you." 

"Really? Thanks." Myungsoo smiled. "I knew you'd do better by yourself though..." he grinned.

"And you? Was the ditching worth it?" Krystal asked Myungsoo.

Myungsoo exhaled a lot of air before responding. "I saw your brother, and I saw Jiyeon. In fact, they were out together."

"Did they see you?"

"Unfortunately not. I was hiding like an undercover agent as I followed them."

"And that's it? Nothing more?" Krystal said. 

I nodded. 

Just then, the bell rang and it signaled that we're going to work.

--

"Are you going home directly? Do you want to have a drink? The manager said we're having a company outing today." Krystal told Myungsoo when they came out of the building and when the sun started to set off.

"Ah, let's just call it a day." Myungsoo replied, assuring her with a smile. "I'm so tired from the day's work. I'll be going first. Have fun!" He added before patting Krystal's shoulders then walking off. Krystal looked at his back until he was far from her sight.

-Jiyeon's POV-

Gradually, I felt the sky darkening. I also think my face was darkening since I considerably did a lot of things today. 

In the morning, I checked up a lot of patients, not to mention going out with Myungsoo. I had fun watching a live street performance and walking around the park with him. In the afternoon, I had to do a 4 hour major operation and it was just very exhausting to the point that I think I lost most of my energy.

For the whole day, I was barely able to manage everything. And now that the sun was almost hidden, I came to think about Kai again. Today, I left my car at the neighborhood, and it was perfect for me to take the bus.

I took the stop close to where Kai worked and got off the bus. When I glanced at the entrance of the museum, he was not there. But when I glanced afar the museum, I saw him walking with just a plain shirt on. I briefly recognized his back and his stance, and so I followed him- again.

I quickly picked up my pace and carefully ran towards him but stopped at 3 meters behind just enough for me to see his back. I smiled looking at his figure and was happy that I saw him today.

I held my head down as I tried to match his steps. We were walking the same path and it seemed like we walked hand in hand. I felt like hearing his own heartbeat and syncing it with my own. I was thankful I hadn't have my car because I was so satisfied to just breathe the same air as to Kai's.

Kai was no stopping from his walk, until we reached my neighborhood. There were a few people as usual but Kai does not seem to know that someone is following him. I continued to look down, trying to imagine what could have happened if we were together. Would we be holding hands? Would we be stopping by to eat ddukbokki?

As I looked down walking, I saw a pair of sneakers in front of me. It was pointing at my direction but still I continued to walk.

It was too late when I realized that I was blown out of cover. Just an inch from the pair of shoes, my left foot stopped and my eyes firmly stared to the ground. Slowly, I looked up- observing a nice black pants, and a plain white shirt. Finally, I looked up to Kai's face.

"Why did you look for me?" Kai's mouth opened.

My eyes shakened at the sight of him close to me and so I kept quiet. 

But, before I could even properly react, he pulled me into an embrace. "Tell me you missed me. Because I missed you so much."

I was surprised because I did not think he will do that. But I was happy and no words could contain the excitement I felt when his skin touched mine. 

I took a step forward and hugged him back, more tight than he did. "I missed you so much I thought I was going to die."

 

PS: I love the last scene <3 Did you too? :3