Chapter 25

Hello, Stranger!

DECEIT►

 

-Author's POV-

"Actually, I want to ask you some favor." Kai stated.

Jiyeon doubted him, but gave in anyway. "Sure what is it?"

"Do you have Kai's number?" The real Kai asked, referring to the fake Kai- Myungsoo.

"Y-yeah?" Jiyeon took out her phone and Kai did the same. 

"Thanks." Kai said, when Jiyeon finished typing in Myungsoo's number. 

"Is that it?" Jiyeon wondered.

"Ummm," Kai tried hard to think. Actually, that was all but he wanted Jiyeon to go with him somehow. "Actually, I have this cousin of mine who's had a mild fever with cough for like 2 weeks so umm, can I personally let you see him? He's kinda off with the hospital and such." Lies- Kai made those up.

Jiyeon nodded as if already making a diagnosis. "Sure, no problem. Do I have to go right now?"

Kai shyly nodded, not wanting Jiyeon to feel burdened. "He lives nearby so it's alright to walk."

"Okay," 

"Ah, wait, can we stop by at the basement carpark? I left something in the car."

The next scene followed, it was Myungsoo bashing Kai on the car's windshield then Jiyeon slapping the former on the face. 

--

After some fierce encounter between the boys, Jiyeon accompanied Kai to a room in the hospital and hurriedly took the first aid kit for Kai. Her face was stern but her actions suggested concern for the man. Although Kai only got a few bruises, she showed worry by thoroughly checking him and even running some tests. 

"I'm fine Jiyeon." Kai muttered.

Jiyeon doesn't seem to hear him. She continued flexing Kai's shoulders to see if it was damaged. Kai just looks at her intently.

"What about your leg? Are they fine?"

He shrugged. "Yeah."

She slightly pressed them and sighed for relief when she knew Kai did not show reactions of pain. Kai continued to watch her as she sat on the stool with pools of sweat all over her face. 

"I don't know what's going on with Kai." Jiyeon murmured, referring to the stranger.

The real Kai somehow smirks, feeling satisfied that his plan worked out. Initially, his plan was to create a situation that would make Myungsoo the bad guy and at the same time, revealing what his weakness is. He accomplished this by making Myungsoo think that he was with Jiyeon and that she would be in danger around him. 

"It's alright," he told her. "I'm not badly hurt though." 

Jiyeon shook her head. "There's something strange about him. I felt that since the time we first met-" she added, but was left unfinished because Kai held her hand and clasped his fingers with hers so that it perfectly matched with each other. 

"Everything's fine. Don't worry so much." He flashed a fake smile and the worst part was that Jiyeon believed this smile to be a genuine one.

However, concurrently, Chanyeol who went looking for a staff nurse came across the room where Jiyeon and Kai were in. He did not hesitate to eavesdrop from the door. He was fortunate to have a transparent, glass window so everything that happened inside looked crystal clear. Then he suddenly thought about a past conversation he had with the stranger.

That time when.... "We should not be arguing about Jiyeon right now. Chanyeol, something big's coming our way. I need you to trust me- help me." 

--

On the other hand, Myungsoo walks the busy alley of Gangnam with Krystal. Myungsoo has partly recovered from the heavy emotion he had at the bridge. And, Krystal walked in a distance with him, considerably a meter apart. She had her head bowed down and walked without stopping. Because of this, she did not know that Myungsoo lagged behind her since he knew Krystal was being uncomfortable. 

He placed his two hands on her skinny shoulders so that they looked like they were two train cars attached to each other. "Cheer up," Myungsoo spoke.

Krystal was surprised but continued walking anyway. "I should be the one saying that." she retorted.

"Yeah! But even if you wouldn't say that, can't you see I'm already cheered up?" Myungsoo declared.

Krystal smiled widely but thoroughly hiding it from Myungsoo. Now, Myungsoo withdrew his hands from Krystal's shoulders and walked side by side to her, with his left arm wrapped around Krystal's back. "I'm still fortunate you followed me to the bridge."

Krystal was surprised by the sudden skinship. "I wasn't following you though."

"Really? Wah, I should've just jumped off." Myungsoo joked, but Krystal took it seriously.

"Yaaa-!" she stopped.

He giggled, " I was kidding, hahaha~ Why would I jump when I know how to swim? That'd be very pathetic."

This time, he saw Krystal smile and he was satisfied. Then, they continued walking.

--

"How are you?" Myungsoo asked. They entered a cafe and while waiting for their coffees to arrive, they sat on a table in a corner.

"Me? What about-? Ah, yeah, you mean after I got discharged?"

He nodded. 

"Doing fine. I'm taking medications so I guess it'll be okay."

"Your parents really haven't come?"

"Yeah. I wasn't hoping anyway. And- I have my brother to watch me though."

"You mean.......?"

"Kai oppa..."

Myungsoo froze. Krystal, only noticing her statement, was quick to recover the bright atmosphere. "Stranger ssi, I know everything. The fact that you switched names with him in front of other people, I know that."

Myungsoo twitched. He has made a mistake all this time. How could he not notice that Krystal was Kai's sister and that he still consistently denied to reveal his name?

"Myungsoo oppa," Krystal spoke. And Myungsoo was nervous as if he was caught like a criminal. "The fact that Kai oppa wants revenge on you, I know that too."

"What do you mean?"

"I know his plans. In fact, I was a part of it."

"What?" Myungsoo was confused. But Krystal was quick to explain.

"But- listen to me Myungsoo ssi. Please, just listen."

--

It was mid afternoon and Krystal and Myungsoo was on their way to enter the hospital. Upon entering, Krystal saw her brother and decided to separate from Myungsoo. 

"Oppa," she called on to Kai.

Kai, who just came out from being treated by Jiyeon, noticed her immediately. "Oh, Krystal. Why are you here?"

"Isn't it obvious? I came to see whether you're doing fine."

He then dragged Krystal to some room and this led Krystal to ask, "Oppa, why are you like this?"

Kai grinned. He was very excited to tell his sister what had happened. 

"Really?! You set a trap for him, and he fell for it?"

"Yeah! If you could only see his face when he was slapped by Jiyeon. Haha!"

"Woah- you're really something oppa."

"I was about to do it but my leg has not yet fully healed. I'd have to wait for a week."

"So..." Krystal hesitated. "What's the plan?"

--

In the meantime, Myungsoo who separated from Krystal, came across Chanyeol. The latter was skeptical and he gave this look to the former. Myungsoo understood this quickly and so he followed Chanyeol.

"What is it?" The stranger carefully asked Chanyeol when they stood on the emergency staircase. 

"There is something strange with that Myungsoo." Chanyeol opened up, Myungsoo was shocked at first to hear his name but soon he realized Chanyeol was actually referring to Kai.

"Why?"

"I saw him earlier, in the staff room, getting treated by Jiyeon."

Myungsoo recalled what had happened and he knew it was possible for Kai to be treated by Jiyeon. "And?"

"I saw him holding Jiyeon's hand,"

"What?"

"I'm very sure of it. I saw it with my eyes---"

Myungsoo looked enraged.

"And then, he had this fake smile, it was scary."

"Where is Jiyeon right now?" Myungsoo asked.

"I don't know."

Then, Myungsoo ran towards the exit and left Chanyeol confused. 

--

Jiyeon was in her office, all alone. She slightly opened the curtains so that she was overlooking the outside environment. She was immersed into deep thought, and she was just waiting for someone to break the moment.

True to what she required, someone came rushing inside. She turned around and learned that it was Myungsoo, from the omnniscient point of view, but Kai to her sight. 

Myungsoo was panting, "Are you alright?" he asked.

"Is there any reason why I shouldn't?" she replied.

Myungsoo sighed in relief. "I'm glad you are-" He continued and walked to Jiyeon in an attempt to hug her. But Jiyeon stepped back. Myungsoo was surprised following her action.

Jiyeen had walked further. "I'm confused. I don't know what to think anymore." she said.

"What is this about?"

"About you." Jiyeon muttered while she was looking outside.

Myungsoo has finally managed to get hold of the situation. "What do you want me to do?"

"I don't know- but for now," she turned around and looked at Myungsoo, "I think it's best for us to have some time off."

"What do you mean?" Myungsoo looked at her in return.

She gasped and avoided his gaze, "I think it's best if...... you leave the house."

 

 

*I'm doing what I promised guys^^ in 3 weeks, Hello, Stranger will end! So don't hold back and keep on anticipating!!*