Chapter 14

Hello, Stranger!

AN ENEMY?►

 

"Oh? Krystal!" I approached her. "You're done with the check-up? How did it go?"

"The results will be out next week."

"Ahhh. Is that so?"

I kinda felt like I was paying too much attention on Krystal so she said, rather uncomfortable, "I-Is it okay that I'm here?"

"Of course! They're just my friends... except Dr. Park Jiyeon." I winked at Jiyeon. "Oh hey, let me introduce Jonghyun."

"Hi," Krystal shyly said. 

"Hello! Nice meeting you, K-Krystal ssi?" Jonghyun replied. When they were about to shake hands, Krystal's phone rang.

"Yes oppa?"

"What?!"

"Where are you right now?!" Krystal said, shocked. "Dongguk hospital?! Alright, I'm coming there..."

"What happened?" I told her.

She looked at the people in the room and said, "Oppa said he crashed into another car... Now he's here in the hospital," She went out of the room and we all followed. 

"You mean this very hospital right?" Jiyeon asked as she was in pursuit of the flustered Krystal. Qri and Jonghyun were also behind.

"He should be in the ER right now..." I calmly commented.

"Definitely." Jiyeon replied. "Wait-" She turned around and grabbed my hand while Krystal, Qri and Jonghyun went ahead. "You cast has just been taken off so it must not be overworked. You should go home and rest."

"B-But-"

"Ya~ Don't worry. Krystal's oppa will be okay." She muttered and went running to the ER; I was left behind alone in the hallway. 

 

-Krystal's POV-

How the hell did oppa crash his car? Aissh! I always tell him to be careful; what happened now? I said to myself as I ran to the ER. I'm sure its not pretty serious. He's someone who's had more lives than a cat anyway.

I saw someone being carried by a stretcher on its way to the ER. I was sure I followed it when the door closed in front of me. But before that, I saw a glimpse of the man lying on the stretcher; it was certainly oppa.

"You can't come in Krystal." Dr. Park Jiyeon said while she closed the door to the ER. Qri was beside her saying, "Leave this to us."

Both of them went in and I stayed out.  I sat on one of the benches, patiently waiting for an update from inside the room. 

"Its difficult right?" A voice came from beside me. 

I turned around. "E-Eh?"

"Your heart feels very heavy and your mind is filled with worried thoughts."

"W-What do you mean?"

"That feeling when you know that someone is in pain, but you can't do anything about it. To go and see him, ask if he's okay.... wanting to help, I am quite sure you're feeling and thinking of these things right now."

"You..... H-How did you--?"

"I also went through that when I went to find him. And there's nothing that felt even more better when I, at last, found him."

"What are you talking about now?" I replied with eyes shaking in confusion. 

"We still haven't shook our hands earlier. I'm Jonghyun." He smiled.

I shook his hands because it would be a pity not to when his smile was reaching onto his ears.

"Oh, your hands are cold, should I buy coffee?"

"No. Its okay. I'm in much need of someone to talk to rather than coffee."

"Is that so? Then would 'me' be enough?"

"W-What?!" I replied flustered.

"Well I'm not a robot or something, so I guess you can talk to me?"

I cleared my throat after hearing that. "As expected, you're far more different than him." I whispered.

"What?" he asked.

"Nothing."

"Ohhhhh. So what does your oppa look like? I'm sure he's handsome because you're beautiful."

"That's right! He has such round eyes and oh-so-fluffy hair... he's a bit taller than me and has a pretty much good body."

"Really? Based on what you said, he might have the looks of a celebrity."

"Except that his tone is 5 times darker than mine. Pffft." I giggled. 

"Aha! You're a bad dongsaeng huh.... When he wakes up, I'll tell him about this. Muwahahaha."

"Tch. He won't listen to youuuuuuuu, " 

"What does he do by the way?"

"Ahhh........ he's a--"

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

When I reached the ER, Chanyeol was already there. We did not exchange glances because both of us were busy in getting ready for the surgery. Qri also, was the same. So apparently, there were the 3 of us in the room with a few nurses. 

In just a while, Chanyeol started working on the patient's leg which was ripped open due to the accident. Qri injected the anesthesia and I attached the oxygen mask to the patient. The nurses started monitoring the patient's breathing and pulse. 

Chanyeol was an outstanding surgeon so everyone in the room was calm watching him. Skillfully, he finished taking out the pieces of metal that was stuck into the leg's flesh. It was only a matter of time when he was done sewing the ripped open part. 

"Qri ah, continue to monitor the patient for infections." He said as he put down the tools that he used on the sterilized tray and took off his mask. "He'll be awake in 12 hours."

Seeing that he did not even bat an eye at me, I went out of the room to inform Krystal. There, I saw her talking to Jonghyun sitting in one of the benches. 

She caught me and stood up, "Doctor, how is my brother?"

I walked to her saying, "The surgery went fine. He'll be awake soon. We are still observing for possible infections."

"Really? Phew..." she sighed in relief. I smiled at her.

"Jiyeon ah," Chanyeol appeared from behind. 

I merely threw a look at him and told Krystal, "I'll go ahead. You should go home too."

But Chanyeol caught a hold of my hand before I could even take a step. The slight pull was enough for me to turn around, facing him. "W-What?"

"Do you have time?" 

I let go from his hand when I felt awkward knowing that Krystal and Jonghyun were just behind us.

"I wanted to talk to you." Chanyeol added whilst looking into my eyes. 

I ignored him and started walking away; he was following me. "Jiyeon, I just want to talk to you..... about some things."

I continued walking and ignoring Chanyeol until the nearby nurses caught us being awkward. 

"Jiyeon, why are you being like this?" Chanyeol erupted when we reached the door to my office.

"Chanyeol, I'm quite busy right now...."

"Busy?! I was just asking for a 10 minute talk. How can you be so busy to not even lend time to a friend?"

"What is it?" I asked him.

"Why do I feel like you're avoiding me these days?"

"Haaah, Chanyeol its not like that-" I opened the door to my office and the scenery of the stranger lying down on the couch appeared before my eyes. Fortunately, Chanyeol wasn't able to see that. "I m-mean, I was just reaaaaally busy." I added, then slowly closing the door. 

"Jiyeon, you know I never fall for your obvious lies."

"W-Why? I'm not lying though." I replied. "It's getting late. You should go home." I added and opened the door.

"Yaaa, I'm still not done talking to you." Chanyeol exclaimed, blocking me from opening the door. 

Afraid that he might discover the stranger, I hastily closed the door.

"Oh? Are you hiding something from me?" "What is it?" Chanyeol added, opening the door.

"Yaaaa!" I unconsciously kicked his ankle to prevent his actions to go through. He groaned in pain. "There you go again, playing detective. Tch." I successfuly closed the door again.

Really. This guy won't go home. I thought to myself, partly annoyed. I may have no other choice.

I approached him, tiptoed, and slightly planted a kiss on his cheek. "You should go home, punk." "Good night." Then followed an eyesmile. 

I entered the room and closed the door. Sigh. It was hard trying to cover up for you. I thought while walking towards him, lying on the couch. Tch. I told you to go home, not sleep in my office. 

I sat on the table just inches away from where he was lying, watching him falling into deep sleep. His arms were crossed and his legs rested on a stack of pillows. Idiot. His arm would hurt again if he crosses it like that. 

I stood up and unfolded his arms from being crossed and placed it straightly beside his body. He flinched a little but his face remained peaceful. 

I don't quite understand.... why I'm doing crazy things for you. I've been fooling everyone that you're just being my patient. I'm also unable to give Chanyeol, my time now. 

My life literally had no sense before you came.... now, I'm still contemplating whether you gave sense to it. 

I took off my coat and covered him with it. "You must be feeling cold," I whispered as I adjusted the heater's temperature. 

That time, I saw his head fall from the couch because the pillow slipped off. I went to make sure that his head laid perfectly on the pillow. 

But I did not expect that he'll grab my head and in a split second, my lips landed into his. He let go of me after a few seconds and was into peaceful sleep again. 

I froze in my place and my mind went blank the whole time. I looked at him and it looked like he was really in deep sleep. He could not be faking it right? I looked at him again, because he moved his body. But he seemed to just making himself comfy and was sleeping again in just a while.

 

I could only walk to the restroom after confirming that something really had just happened. I looked at myself in the mirror, thinking carefully of that sudden kiss. I touched my lips, reminiscing the feeling I had the moment it touched his. Eventually, I had to hit my chest because I felt that my heart would pop out soon. 

"F-F---First....... kiss." 

 

 

 

 

-The next morning-

 

"Oh..... you're already awake?"

"Ahhh, yes. They told me to come here at your office as soon as I got up."

"Ahh... yeah. That's right. What's your name?"

 

"My name is.......... M--Myungsoo."

 

*Chappie 14 is here :D Hope you enjoy! ^_^ Happy vacation my dearest subbies :3*