Chapter 11

Hello, Stranger!

UNEXPECTED►

 

"Where are you going?" he murmured as I hurriedly went out of my room. 

"The hospital. Something came up so, I gotta go." 

"But you still haven't eat---" The stranger did not even got the chance to finish what he was saying because I slammed the door and disappeared from his sight.

--

 

"E-excuse me, uh- did you get the ER ready?" I said to the head nurse as I stormed in the hospital.

"Yes doc. Qri and Chanyeol just came minutes before. They were carrying a collapsed man."

"Ah really? Who's doing the operation?"

"Qri...."

"Ahhhh.... can you tell them that I'll just come back tomorrow morning to check on the patient? I ah- I just don't feel good."

"Yes doc. I'll tell them about it." she replied and went off. I also turned around and headed home. 

--

 

"What happened?" Lying on the couch with sleeping mask, the stranger said. When I remained silent and speechless, he took off his mask and got up. "Is there something going on?

"N-nothing..." I replied as I tried to walk past him.

But then he blocked my way and asked, "Did something happen in the hospital?"

I kept my head low because my heart was throbbing like crazy. I don't know why that dream I've just had made me like this. I can't even look at him anymore. A simple conversation also makes me fidget in place. What is actually wrong with that dream Park Jiyeon? 

I was further disturbed when he held my shoulder with his left hand and drew his face closer to mine. "Jiyeon-ah, you're acting strange today," 

Before he could sense that I'm cold frozen like a statue, I replied in a small and weak tone. "I-it's nothing important." Then, I took the courage to look at him straightly in the eyes  and say, "Plus, I'm not acting strange. M-Maybe it's just you."

I walked slowly to my room though undeniably, my heart was insanely racing.

"A-alright. Good night." He said and then turned the lights off.

--

 

The next morning.

- Author's POV-

A tall, normal looking guy is seen lying on the couch, slowly taking his sleeping mask off. Struggling to open his eyes, he stood up and stretched his arms wide. After getting the right senses, he walked to the kitchen only to find a piece of paper pasted in the ref's door.

"I left 50,000 won on the table. Do some grocery. I'm off early to work. Annyeong~~ =3=" It says.

He then looks for the money on the table and sighed heavily. It must've been hard for him to do grocery when he only has a left hand to do the shopping. 

 

-Stranger's POV-

Pushing the cart with one hand, I roamed around in the nearest grocery store in town. I grabbed anything that looked good, thinking that I have that much money.

Suddenly, I realized that I was buying too much for myself. So I took the chips, facial creams, and even shavers one by one. Instead, I thought of buying something for Jiyeon. The only problem is, what will I buy for her? Ugh, it's really hard to buy things for girls. Especially when you don't know what they like or want exactly. 

I continuously walked around, searching for whatever I could buy for Jiyeon. Cookies?.... Carp bread?.... Perfume?....Hand cream?..... Aishhhhh~ I scratched my head in confusion. What should I buy?!?!

Ah! Right!! I should just buy her that.

I rushed to find what I was thinking in my mind. Almost running around the place, I bumped into someone. That someone almost fell down due to the collision.

I went near to her, to check if she was alright. "O-Oh? It's you--"

 

-Jiyeon's POV- 

 

I walked through the hospital hallways so early in the morning. Without delay, I went to see the patient which Qri and Chanyeol brought yesterday. 

As I opened the door, she was already there-  checking on the vital signs of the man. She did not notice me so I went to her. "Qri-ah,"

"Oh--- you shocked me Jiyeon."

"S-sorry. But this man, w-who----?"

She looked at me and purposely met my eyes. "I don't know."

"Did you look for any identification cards? How are we going to contact his family--"

"Oh right! Bag..... he has a backpack!! Now that I remember, I gave it to the nurse. I'll go get it."

She disappeared within seconds, faster than lightning. I was left alone in the room. 

I took a step closer to the man lying in bed, sleeping soundly. I studied his face, examining each and every feature of it. Staring seriously, I caught his fingers moving. 

"H-hey," I tried talking to him but he's not waking up.

Instead, he let a faint whisper out. " K-Kai...."

I tried to keep my ears close so I could clearly hear what he was saying but I was interrupted by the door opening and heavy footsteps tingling through my ear. 

"Jiyeon ah," 

I turned around and replied, "Ch-Chanyeol,"

He went near me, "The nurse told me that you're not feeling good. Are you sick?"

"Ch-Chanyeol. This guy, " I pointed the person lying down on bed. "he said something."

"Really? What did he say?"

"It was something like....... K--Kai?"

"Hhmmm. Kai- sounds like a name of a person."

"But why is he calling that name?" I was in the midst of confusion when the door opened again and come enters Qri. 

"I got his ID Jiyeon."

"What's his name?"

"23 years old. A jeju citizen. Kim Jonghyun."

I looked at Chanyeol as he looked at me. "Jiyeon ah, let's just leave this to Qri. I know he'll wake up soon. You need to take a rest." He said and then grabbed my hands tightly. "For now, let's go first. Grab some fresh air."

"A-Alright." I replied doubtfully while Chanyeol pulled me out of the room.

 

He continued holding my hands as we walked down the hallways. Of course, nurses, staffs, and many other people saw us together. They looked at us with poking eyes; i think I already know what's going on their mind right now. 

Feeling uncomfortable with the unexpected attention, I stopped walking in the middle of the hallway. As careful as I could, I tried clasping off of Chanyeol's hands. 

"Wae?" He said, shocked. 

Once my hand got out from his grip, I replied, "I-Isn't it a bit too obvious?" 

He looked at me, feeling bad. "Wae? You don't like it?"

"No- it is not like that. I just ah- I----"

Without hesitation, Chanyeol held my hand with his and said, "But--- I missed you so much Jiyeon....... Can't I hold your hand? Like the way we used to when we were kids."

I smiled, not even knowing why. Then, I held his hand also, a little bit tighter than he did. "Tch. With that face, you know I'd always grant your nonsense favors."

And we continued walking like that, until we got out of the building.

 

-Stranger's POV-

 

"Oh? It's you. K-Krystal ssi?" I said to the girl who I just bumper into. 

"Oh? Y-you..... you were that guy from the hospital right? The one who saved my life.... I mean-"

"I told you I didn't save your life." I murmured as I went to pick up the things from her cart which fell.

"What brings you here?" she asked.

"Shopping. And you? Did you fully recover?"

"A-Ah. That..... I escaped from my private nurse in the house."

"Tch. How silly of you." I finished picking the things up so I continued, "I'm going. And, sorry again- for the trouble."

"A-ah---" she exclaimed as I turned around, walking away from her. This made me stop in place.

"W-What?" I replied as I looked at her from a distance. 

"That----- uh," 

I took a step closer to her.

"T-That?"

"Ah........ nevermind. Just, thank you."

Uknowingly, I smiled due to her sillyness. "You're welcome." Then suddenly, I remembered that I still have to buy something for Jiyeon.

I walked away from Krystal and went to look around for chocolates. Will Jiyeon like chocolates? Mmmmmaybe not! Aishhhh~ she eats like a dinosaur though. 

Alright. I'll have one ferrero rocher, one hersheys, and one big size toblerone. Keke. I'm sure her sweet tooth will come out. 

 

 

I pushed my cart one handedly to the cashier when I saw a crowd of people murmuring and gathering around something...... or maybe someone. 

I released my grip from the cart's handle and walked to check out what the people are up to. Little did I know that it was not what they're up to..... but rather who.

"K-K-Krystal ssi?!" 

After the people made way for me, I found Krystal lying down on the cold floor, unconscious. 

"Y-yaaaa--- Krystal ssi, wake up!" I tried to lift her up, imagining a princess like position, but I remembered I only had one functional hand; not even enough to hold her up. 

Most probably, the crowd sensed that I was someone like her guardian angel and so they eventually disappeared and did not even bother to help us out. Luckily, one staff helped me in lifting Krystal up until we sat on a bench just inside the store. 

She seemed to be getting her senses again; just a little bit confused and maybe, nauseatic.

"Are you alright?" I asked when she slowly opened her eyes. 

"W-Where am I...." 

"We're still in the store." I grabbed her bag and searched for her handphone. "Let's call your family."

She held my hand- preventing it from taking anymore actions. "D--Don't. I'm alright. I don't want them to worry over me."

I stared at her pitiful yet very innocent looking face. "No. They're your family so they should know how you're doing." I started looking for phone numbers in her contacts and almost dialled one if only she had not said, "It's no use. I know I'm not gonna last long here though,"

I stared back at her, astonished by the content of what she said. 

She then snatched the phone in my hand, "I said I'm alright. You can go. Thank you again........ for today."

I withdrew my hand from being suspended in the air and faced her. "Do you think I don't know that you're not really alright? Look at your face in the mirror- its almost as white as snow! Do you think I didn't notice how you've lost too much weight from when we last met? Do you think that I'm of no use because I'm handicapped with one hand?"

"That's not what I mean. You don't understand--" She picked up her bag and stood up. "I'm going." 

She took 3 steps but failed to make the fourth. Fortunately, I caught her. "You can't even walk properly. Do you think I will not notice that?"

--

 

I took a taxi together with Krystal. She agreed that I take her home (for safety purposes) but we openly argued about seeing the doctor and knowing her present condition. But then, I made up her mind.

 

"You promised me that you'll come to the hospital right?" I said as we stood in front of her house.

"I knowwww. I'll just see you there. T-Thank you........ again."

I smirked and followed, "I don't know how many times you've said thank you today. I told you, you're welcome."

*ring ring*

"Oh- Hello?" she said as she answered the phone. "Oppa? Ahh~~ Yes~~ I am alright---- And you?. . . . . ." 

She continued talking to the phone while I suddenly felt eerie and weird. I felt like my whole body was shaking and several thoughts just came into my mind.

 

 

Could it be?!

 

*ANNNNNYEEEOONGG :DD I'M BACK WITH A NEW CHAPIEEE <3 Are you all enjoying the summerbreak? For me, yes! Because I get to write again and entertain my beloved readers!! :) So, why do you think the stranger felt something weird? And- will Krystal be an obstacle to Jiyeon and the stranger? Then Chanyeol..... is he really worth waiting for Jiyeon's love? Find out more in the next chapter! Comment | Subscribe ^^*