Bang's Dilemma and the Doorstep

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 34

Okay so this is what happened...” Daehyun started off.

 

Earlier at the studio that day...

 

Hey hyung, I'm about to go grab some coffee from the break room, did you want something?” Daehyun asked standing up.

 

Yongguk looked up from his sheet music at the young man standing beside him. “No thanks,” he replied monotonously.

 

Okay,” Daehyun said slowly furrowing his eyebrows then made his way out the door. He ran into Youngjae briefly. “He's all yours, bro.” he muttered to his best friend.

 

Why? What's wrong?” Youngjae asked peering inside to see Yongguk's back turned as he was reading through his notes.

 

Daehyun shrugged. “Beats the hell out of me,” he said patting his best friend's back. “You talk to him.”

 

Why me?” Youngjae gaped at Daehyun.

 

Because people tend to talk to you more than me. It's like you have some sort of super power. Now use it and get him to fess up about something,” Daehyun said giving Youngjae a slight push into the room. “I'm counting on you, Jae,” he gave his best friend an assuring wink.

 

Wait, Dae!” Youngjae called out to his best friend, but Daehyun was already trotting off into the break room. Grumbling, he finally entered the near empty room. Yongguk was still focused on what he was reading to notice him. “What have you got there, hyung?” he asked within earshot which was enough to startle the older guy.

 

Yongguk appeared to be a deer caught in headlights dropping what he was reading to look over at Youngjae standing over him. “Nothing,” Yongguk immediately shook his head. Youngjae had to admit, it was funny seeing Yongguk appear as if he committed a crime trying to hide the evidence. Yongguk grabbed the object that fell to the floor and hid it behind him.

 

Oh sure, I believe you,” Youngjae said smirking, then using his cat-like reflexes he immediately grabbed the book from Yongguk. “This sure looks like nothing all right...”

 

Youngjae, I'd like that back, please,” Yongguk extended his hand to the younger guy.

 

Not until you tell me what it is,” Youngjae said as he examined it. “This looks familiar,” he eyed it suspiciously. When he opened it, his eyes widened upon recognizing the familiar handwriting and the familiar label on the back cover. “This is Annie's journal.”

 

Yongguk swallowed hard and looked away. “Yes, it is,” he muttered in defeat.

 

Youngjae chuckled as he skimmed through the pages. “What are you doing with her journal?” he asked. “Wait, the question I should be asking is how do you have this? She never lets anyone read it. Not even me or Daehyun are allowed to read it.” He eyed the older guy suspiciously.

 

Scratching his head awkwardly, he finally said, “She may have dropped it. But she ran off before I could give it back to her.”

 

Huh,” Youngjae mused softly to himself.

 

Before they could further discuss this, the door opened with Daehyun entering munching on a pastry along with sipping from a Styrofoam cup. “I'm back,” he announced, glancing from one guy to the other. “What did I miss?” His eyes soon landed on the book in Youngjae's hand. “What's that?” he asked observing the familiar cover. His eyes widened as he gaped at his best friend. “Is that what I think it is...?” he pointed to it with his fidgeting index finger.

 

It's exactly what it is, Dae,” Youngjae nodded before Daehyun could finish his sentence.

 

Setting down the Styrofoam cup on the coffee table, he walked over to Youngjae and took Annie's journal from him. “How...?” he looked up in confusion.

 

Yongguk hyung had it,” Youngjae chimed in. “She dropped it and he's had it all this time. I bet she's been searching for this like crazy.”

 

Yeah, I can only imagine,” Daehyun muttered as he opened it. “She brings this thing everywhere.”

 

Really?” Yongguk managed to say. “Then, should I return it to her? I mean she is looking for it after all...”

 

That's not a bad idea,” Youngjae advised. “Why didn't you return it to her sooner?”

 

I was about to do it today but, nevermind,” he stopped himself short and looked away sadly from the two best friends.

 

But?” Daehyun and Youngjae repeated simultaneously.

 

I was going to do it this morning when she was grabbing breakfast at the cafe, but she seemed to be enjoying herself with Himchan. And I didn't want to make it awkward or anything since she invited him to breakfast and all,” he finally said in a bitter tone. “It would have been rude of me to barge in unexpectedly.”

 

That makes sense,” Youngjae remarked.

 

Wait, so you're the cute guy she was talking about?!” Daehyun blurted out. Youngjae and Yongguk gaped at him in response. “Holy cow!”

 

What the hell are you talking about, Dae?” Youngjae asked, his tone sounded as if he seemed annoyed at that moment.

 

I think Annie may have told me about some guy saving her life from an oncoming car and said something about her savior being really cute and all,” Daehyun shrugged.

 

She thinks I'm cute?” Yongguk uttered.

 

Did you save her life from an oncoming car?” Daehyun asked for confirmation.

 

Yes,” Yongguk replied with a nod.

 

Then, there you go! You have your answer!” Daehyun exclaimed.

 

Wait, you saved Annie's life? From an oncoming car?” Youngjae eyed the older guy in confusion once again. “How come I didn't know about this?!” he said glaring at Daehyun.

 

Daehyun chuckled nervously. “Right, I forgot to tell you,” he said scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

 

She was rushing that day and was about to cross the street until a car was about to speed pass her. I stepped in and prevented her from getting hit. The drove off right after,” Yongguk finally said.

 

Good thing you were there,” Youngjae replied. “She could've gotten seriously hurt or worst...”

 

I'm glad she's okay,” Yongguk relaxed a bit. “She seemed a bit shaken up about it after it happened. I was worried about her.” He sighed.

 

About the journal, should we return it to her?” Daehyun finally asked turning to Youngjae.

 

I don't think that's a good idea, Dae,” Youngjae immediately shook his head.

 

Why?” Daehyun looked at his friend in confusion.

 

It's Annie, remember?” Youngjae said wearily. “Think about it, if she found out we had it and probably read through it... Imagine what she'd do...”

 

She'll chop our balls off,” Daehyun said matter-of-factly.

 

Exactly,” Youngjae nodded in agreement.

 

Both best friends turned to Yongguk. “What is it?” he couldn't help but ask.

 

You should stick to your original plan and return it to her as soon as you can,” Youngjae advised.

 

Yeah, I agree,” said Daehyun nodding in agreement. “I wish you luck, hyung.”

 

That doesn't sound too good coming from you, Daehyun,” said Yongguk wearily turning to the younger guy.

 

You don't know Annie as well as we do,” Daehyun pointed out patting Yongguk on the back for moral support. “We wish you luck.”

 

Yeah, good luck,” Youngjae chimed in also patting Yongguk on the back.


 

I really don't see why you're walking me to my door,” Annie whined as they were making their way into her apartment building to the front of her door. “I'm perfectly fine walking by myself.”

 

I know this is annoying but I don't feel safe letting you walk alone,” Yongguk insisted.

 

But I've lived here longer than you,” Annie argued back. “It's been fine so far. You could go home now.”

 

Come on, Annie,” he begged. “Humor me just this once.”

 

Fine,” she grumbled allowing him to enter the building with her. “This is the entrance,” she narrated as they entered. “That is a staircase.” They both made their way up the stairs. “I would take the elevator but that thing is always broken.”

 

Why are you describing every nook and cranny to me? I know what these things are,” Yongguk said, slightly annoyed at her behavior.

 

Well, since someone doesn't think I live in a safe environment,” she said turning back to him. “This place is very old, I'll give you that but it's practically safe!”

 

It's located in a sketchy neighborhood,” Yongguk pointed out.

 

True. But we'll be fine,” she assured him. “However, I'm not sure about your car though.”

 

He froze. “Why?” he asked cautiously.

 

Isn't it obvious? You're driving an expensive car in a 'sketchy' neighborhood. Put two and two together,” she said mockingly poking his forehead with her index finger.

 

He slightly swiped her hand away. “Will my car be okay?” he asked worriedly.

 

It will be, if you leave soon enough,” she answered with a smirk.

 

You don't sound too concerned about it,” he frowned.

 

That's because I'm not,” she shrugged.

 

I wonder how Daehyun puts up with you,” he muttered.

 

I heard that!” she hissed. “And to answer that question... He just does. We've been friends for a long time. He's used to my behavior by now. You, however, still have some adjusting to do.”

 

I noticed,” he muttered.

 

She finally stopped in front of a door.. “Alright, here we are,” she said turning to face him. “I'm home safe and sound. You can go now.”

 

Whoa, whoa, whoa,” he held up his hands in defeat. “What's the rush? We just got here.”

 

You already walked me to my door, what more could you want?” she sighed, rolling her eyes.

 

Could I take you out again?”

 

Like on an actual date?” she gaped at him.

 

If you want it to be a date, then sure,” he smirked. “It can be whatever you want it to be.”

 

Annie sighed and nodded slowly. “Well if you insist, then sure. It's a date!” she grinned. “I'll even get dolled up as opposed to how I look tonight.”

 

You can wear whatever you want,” he shrugged. “Heck, the less clothes, the better.” he grinned mischievously which earned a punch on the arm from Annie. “Ow! What was that for?!” he whined rubbing the arm where she punched him.

 

Watch it, Bang,” she warned him.

 

It was a joke!” he chuckled.

 

Haha, very funny,” she sarcastically replied, unamused by his erted remark.

 

Soon, the atmosphere turned quiet as Annie fumbled in her bag for her keys. She'd seen these types of moments in the movies but was unsure of how to approach the situation. The girls would usual find ways to stall in the hopes of the guy making the first move. Maybe she was asking too much but it was something she kind of wanted, especially for a guy as attractive as Yongguk. The shy girl took over once again.

 

A part of her wanted to pull him into a tight hug and not let go. Just so she could creepily take in his scent. Yes, it was creepy but she couldn't help herself. But then another part of her wanted to go the polite route and shake his hand like the polite person she was. He would probably be weirded out nevertheless.

 

Clearing his throat, he finally broke the awkward silence. “I should get going now. Good night, Annie,” he said holding out his arm for a brief hug.

 

Laughing awkwardly, she returned the slight hug. “Right. Good night, Bang!” she then took his right hand in hers and gave him a handshake like she had planned. He looked at her in confusion then shook her hand tenuously. Lingering a bit, she was about to pull him close for an embrace once again but was interrupted by someone opening the door.

 

Annie and Yongguk turned to see Youngjae, Daehyun, and Lucy gaping at the both of them. “Whoa...” Daehyun uttered finally.

 

Still realizing she was holding his hand, Annie immediately took it away. “I had a nice time. Thanks again, Bang! Good night! Drive safely!” she exclaimed before pushing her way into her shared apartment with Lucy.

 

Good... night, Annie,” he called out to her but she disappeared into the apartment before he could actually finish his sentence.

 

Breaking the silence, Youngjae finally spoke up. “So... did you return it to her?” he finally asked thinking back to what had happened earlier at the studio.

 

Not yet,” Yongguk shook his head.

 

Take your time with it,” Lucy advised him, smirking as she glanced from him to Annie's room. “I get the feeling we'll be seeing more of you in the near future.”

 

Uh...” Yongguk grew speechless about Lucy's last comment.

 

Sensing the atmosphere was going to get more awkward, Youngjae and Daehyun cleared their throats. “Alright, I think that's enough for tonight, Luce,” Daehyun chimed in, saving the older guy from further questioning. “Jae and I are about to leave.” he announced.

 

Right,” Youngjae nodded in agreement.

 

And I'm sure Zelo is waiting for me to return home,” Daehyun declared. “I hope he made food.”

 

But you just ate,” Lucy said.

 

I know, I'm still hungry,” Daehyun whined.

 

Lucy shook her head and rolled her eyes. “Alright, good night boys. And Dae, don't give Zelo a hard time. He's still a kid,” Lucy warned him.

 

Yes, ma'am,” Daehyun saluted her then turned to Yongguk. “Alright, hyung where did you park? Youngjae and I will walk you to your car, okay?” he offered.

 

Uh...” Yongguk was still speechless at that point.

 

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Youngjae led him away along with Daehyun. “Let's just go, shall we?”

 

Absolutely,” Daehyun nodded as they made their way out.

 

Good night again!” Lucy called out. Daehyun and Youngjae waved back finally then continued on out the building with Yongguk in tow. Shutting the door behind her, Lucy grinned mischievously. “You are so dead, missy!” she announced then trotting towards Annie's room.


A/N: Hello again! Here's another update before I head to work today!!! Enjoy! This contains a lot of Annie and Yongguk moments lol. I'll try to work on the next update again immediately after. Don't mind the minor errors! XD