Dinner That Night...

The Undomestic Nanny

Chapter 17

Annie found herself laughing at the ridiculous situation she put herself in, “So let me get this straight, you two also work with Himchan too?” The three guys nodded slowly. She burst into laughter garnering the attention of Lucy, Jongup, and Zelo, who were prepping for closing.

 

What's so funny?” Himchan asked curiously.

 

I'm sorry,” Annie said in between her fits of giggles. “It's just so crazy what a small world this is.”

 

Yeah, you sure seem to know everyone,” Daehyun remarked nonchalantly as he grabbed a chair from another table and began picking at Annie's plate. Which in turn earned a slap on the hand from her, “What?! I'm hungry!”

 

You're ALWAYS hungry!” she barked back. “There's something called 'go get your own food'.”

 

Well, I'm not about to wait for my food so this was the quickest way to eat,” he said. “And I forgot my wallet in the car.”

 

You know what,” she slid the plate over to him, “Take it. I just now lost my appetite.”

 

Like a kid at Christmas, Daehyun beamed and immediately dug in. Annie looked away in disgust then looked at Himchan and Youngjae who were also gaping at Daehyun. “You,” Annie turned to Youngjae. “What kind of friend are you? I would assume you would've taken this fool to get something to eat.”

 

Youngjae shrugged. “Sorry,” he said. “The reason we came was to get the leftovers Lucy promised us. And then we saw you with another guy and thought we'd come by to say hi.”

 

Annie scoffed. “Yeah, your definition of saying hi is sizing me up thinking I'd be scared but you're clearly in the wrong,” she sneered.

 

So we're curious, how do you know Himchan?” Youngjae asked curiously. “I didn't know you guys know each other.”

 

Himchan and Annie glanced at one another. “Funny story,” she started to say. “We met on my first day before I started my new job. I was grabbing breakfast and was about to leave when we bumped into each other. My coffee spilled all over my clothing--” she looked up at Himchan.

 

Then, I ended up buying her another one and of course, I felt really guilty so I insisted she hitch a ride with me,” he finished off. “You have no idea how long it took for her to finally give in.”

 

Yeah, we know how she is,” Youngjae muttered which earned a death glare from Annie. “What?”

 

Just then, Daehyun sat up straight as though an idea came to mind as he looked over at Himchan. “Wait, so you must be the cute guy!” Daehyun blurted out. “Annie, is Himchan the cute guy you were talking about?!” He and Youngjae soon burst into laughter.

 

Annie blushed then turned to Himchan sheepishly. “I-I-I don't know what they're talking about,” she stuttered then turned to glare at her best friends. “You know, he's not the only cute guy I encountered--” she soon stopped herself from speaking realizing her blunder.

 

Oh right, I totally forgot about Yongguk hyung,” Youngjae mentioned matter-of-factly. “Ow!” he yelped in pain. Annie seemed to have kicked him from under the table. Bulls eye, she thought narrowing her eyes at the both of them.

 

You two idiots are dead meat...” she said through gritted teeth.

 

Why? We didn't do anything!” Daehyun said clearly amused at seeing his friend all flustered. Himchan soon found himself chuckling at the hilarious exchange ensuing before him. He saw that Annie was turning a deeper shade of pink.

 

You know what? This conversation is over!” she stood up, clearly embarrassed by the situation.

 

Oh c'mon, Annie! You can't just run away!” Youngjae called out to her.

 

Oh shut up, Youngjae!” she barked back then retreated towards the bar.


 

Crap, what just happened?!” Annie exclaimed settling onto a bar stool. Jongup and Lucy were at the counter while Zelo tended to the other guys.

 

Why? What's going on?” Jongup asked curiously glancing from her to the three guys sitting at the table still chuckling what had just happened with Annie.

 

Freakin' Daehyun and that huge mouth of his,” Annie said grumbling. “I should've shoved cheesecake into his mouth just so I can shut him up.”

 

But then, you'd have Jae there to back him up,” Lucy pointed out. “You know those two like to work together...”

 

Annie glanced at her best friend. “Yeah, but then that fool is able to outwit me so I'm screwed either way.”

 

What did they do this time?” Lucy asked raising an eyebrow.

 

Do you remember what happened on my first day? You know, the coffee stain?” Annie mentioned.

 

Nodding slowly, Lucy leaned closer. “Yes, I remember,” she said narrowing her eyebrows. Then realization hit her prompting her eyes to widen. “No way! Is he--?”

 

Annie nodded knowingly. “Yep,” she said glancing back at them.

 

Alright, woman,” Lucy demanded. “When we get home, you will tell me EVERYTHING.”

 

I know, I have a lot of explaining to do,” she said sighing. “This job has been very interesting...” she mused.

 

I noticed,” Lucy remarked.

 

Zelo soon joined them beaming. The girls had to admit, the gleam in his eyes was priceless and adorable. He was just finished tending to the other guys while clearing off the other adjoining tables. “What's the matter with you?” Jongup asked curiously.

 

I was just talking to the other hyungs,” he started. “Himchan said he's willing to talk to Yongguk about giving me the opportunity to record with them!”

 

No way!” Jongup exclaimed with widened eyes. “When?!”

 

I don't know!” Zelo grinned. “He gave me his business card and I gave him my number so he said he'll be in touch. I hope it's soon so I can prepare myself.” he beamed glancing back at his best friend. “I also told him about you too, hyung. Himchan said I can invite you too so Yongguk could work with us.”

 

There was a gleam in Jongup's eyes. The girls took note and found themselves mesmerized in the younger guys. He was just as adorable as his friend. “Wow... I get to work with Bang Yongguk,” Jongup gaped at the thought.

 

Did you hear that noonas?!” Zelo turned to Annie and Lucy. “We're gonna work with Bang Yongguk!!!”

 

I know, I heard. Congratulations!” Annie jumped up and pulled the taller guy close for a tight hug. “I'm so happy for you!”

 

Good job, Zelo,” Lucy smiled. “Make us proud! You too, Jongup.” she turned to the other one. He grinned shyly in return.

 

Annie soon pulled him in for hug too. “Yes, please make us proud!” she grinned from ear to ear. “You two still have yet to showcase your talents to us. We would love to see, you know.” she informed them glancing at Lucy, who in turn nodded in agreement.

 

I don't know about that, Annie noona,” Zelo looked away shyly.

 

We're still learning...” Jongup added diffidently.

 

Alright, no pressure,” she gave them a reassuring smile. “Just don't forget to show us in the near future, okay?”

 

They immediately nodded. “Okay,” both boys replied in unison.

 

Lucy suddenly caught her attention when she gave Annie a light shove. “The guys are coming,” she whispered. Annie sheepishly turned around to face them.

 

Thanks for dinner, Annie. It's been a pleasure,” Himchan grinned then took out his wallet but Annie reached out and stopped him. He looked up at her in confusion.

 

Don't worry about it,” Annie shook her head. “It's on me.”

 

Sighing, he finally caved. “Okay, if you say so but the next one's on me,” he offered.

 

Annie nodded in agreement, “That sounds nice, I guess.”

 

The others watched on, gaping at their friend. Daehyun wolf-whistled which earned attention from everyone in the room, breaking the silence. Glancing around at everyone, he chuckled nervously. “Sorry...”


A/N: Here's another chapter for you guys. I had trouble with this one too... I've been having a pretty sloppy couple of days with these updates so I apologize in advance.

Anyways, there are so many comebacks to look forward this month there's a lot of juggling for me to do! I mean I was at work all day so I missed out on seeing BAP's Hurricane MV. And then I saw Beast's Shadow teaser! Two words: HOT DAMN! XD I felt like I waited forever just to come home to finally see those two anticipated videos and I'm glad I saw them! XD

So many ideas popping up lol. This chapter I felt was light as opposed to the drama filled last update. Enjoy! ^^

New subbies and readers, welcome! Add me as a friend! I don't bite! I'm glad you guys like this story. I'm surprised it's popular lol.