The Movie

The Undomestic Nanny

**Warning** This chapter might contain spoilers.. Read at your own risk if you guys haven't seen the movie yet... I apologize in advance. >.<


Chapter 39

(this is the scene they were watching...)

Yongguk and Himchan had to admit watching Annie become entranced in the movie was kind of endearing to watch. Whenever Josh Hartnett's character Danny appeared onscreen, she and Lucy would burst into a fit of giggles and swoon over his good looks. Daehyun and Youngjae, on the other hand, would mentally shoot themselves with imaginary guns formed with their hands. “How long?” whined Daehyun. “It feels like forever...”

 

It's almost over, so stop your whining!” Annie snapped then turned back to the screen.

 

They were well into the second part of the film during the aftermath of the attack on Pearl Harbor. Colonel Doolittle was preparing to launch the Doolittle Raids and both men were assigned the mission. Of course, they were met with personal problems since there was a whole love triangle between both men and their nurse. Rafe (Affleck's character) faced Evelyn (Kate Beckinsale's character) for the first time since the attack on Pearl Harbor and she reveals she was pregnant with Danny's baby. Even though Evelyn still loved Rafe, Annie was happy she chose Danny despite the fact that her feelings were insincere.

 

Then, as both best friends departed for their flight overseas, Rafe walked ahead leaving Danny alone with Evelyn. “You know, the only thing that scares me is that you might love him more than you love me.”

 

Glancing over at Rafe momentarily, Evelyn firmly declared her feelings for Danny. “I love YOU, Danny. And I'll be right here waiting.” (I think she said something along those lines... it's been too long since I've seen the movie >.<)

 

Oh just kill me now!” Daehyun groaned in annoyance.

 

Take me with you,” muttered Youngjae.

 

The scene between Danny and Evelyn was enough to move Annie and Lucy as their eyes glistened with tears. They didn't cry quite yet. Daehyun and Youngjae glanced over at Himchan and Yongguk watching the girls instead of watching the film itself. Sensing two pairs of eyes staring back at them, Yongguk looked up at the two best friends. Daehyun looked annoyed as he mouthed. “Can you believe this?” he motioned to the two girls along with Jongup and Zelo, who were also too focused on the movie to notice. They looked ridiculous.

 

Yongguk chuckled silently and shrugged. “What can you do about it?” he mouthed back.

 

Shhh!” someone hissed. They froze. It was Lucy holding her index finger to her lips. “It's getting to the good part!”

 

Daehyun sighed and leaned back against the cushion of his sofa. In turn, Yongguk turned back to focus on the TV screen.

 

Oh no...” Annie uttered. “This part always gets me...” She gazed at the screen in anticipation. Down to the last part, she and Lucy gasped loudly which in turn startled the other guys. This time, the guys all shifted their attention to her but she didn't seem to notice.

 

Oh God...” grumbled Daehyun running a hand down his face in annoyance.

 

Here we go again...” Youngjae added. “Wait for it...”

 

When Danny fell to the ground, Rafe cried out then ran over to him shooting their attackers along the way. Leaning over Danny, Rafe tried to assure him he was alright. “I'm not—I'm not gonna make it,” Danny managed to say.

 

Oh yes you are,” said Rafe, cradling Danny in his arms. “Look at me.

 

I'm so cold,” said Danny, he was breathing really hard.

 

Annie fiddled with her fingers as she continued to watch on. “Rafe,” he continued. “Can you do me a favor?”

 

What?”

 

Could you have someone else write my name on the tombstone?” he asked.

 

Fighting back tears, Rafe shook Danny. “You're not gonna die. Look at me, you're not gonna die. Danny, you can't die. You can't die. You know why? 'Cause you're gonna be a father. You're gonna be a daddy. I wasn't supposed to tell you. You're gonna be a father.

 

And with his last breath, Danny finally said, “No, you are.

 

When he was out cold, Annie soon burst into tears followed by sniffling. Lucy caressed the small of her back to comfort her. “No matter how many times she watches this movie, that part always makes her cry,” Lucy announced informing everyone else.

 

Jongup picked up a box of tissues and held it out to Annie. “Here you go, noona,” he offered.

 

Thanks,” she said taking a few from the box.

 

It's just a movie, Annie,” Daehyun finally spoke up. “It's not like he's actually dead.”

 

Oh shut up, Daehyun!” she hissed in-between sniffles. “I mean, why'd he have to die of all people? They could have at least killed Rafe again!”

 

Hey, watch it!” snapped Lucy. “Don't talk about Rafe that way!”

 

Oh great, here we go again...” grumbled Daehyun staring up at the ceiling.

 

What?” Yongguk and Himchan asked simultaneously.

 

These two are about to have a fanwar about Danny and Rafe,” Youngjae answered matter-of-factly. Imitating puppets with his two hands, he proceeded to re-enact a common argument between the two best friends. “Danny is better! No, Rafe is better! Danny wouldn't have died if he didn't save Rafe. Well Danny could've had a happier ending if Rafe didn't come back! Are we really gonna go there?! It's on!

 

Annie and Lucy shot him a look, clearly unamused by all of this. “I'm gonna start helping you clean up,” Annie stood up and began clearing the coffee table.

 

You don't have to,” Daehyun stood up as well. “It's my place. I'll have Zelo clean it up.”

 

Daehyun!” exclaimed Annie, clearly outraged at her best friend. “I asked you to take Zelo in as a tenant not a slave.”

 

That's not what you said the first time,” he replied matter-of-factly.

 

At least let me help out a bit,” she offered. “I'll help you, Zelo.”

 

It's okay, noona. You don't have to,” he shook his head.

 

I insist,” she persisted.

 

I'll help too,” offered Jongup standing up then began gathering the plates and glasses.


 

As the others were gathering around the living room, Annie managed to start doing Daehyun's dishes so he and Zelo wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning. Even though she hated having to do them, it had to be done. The perks of this was to have time to herself. Despite the mishaps that happened a little earlier, she grinned to herself. At least Himchan and Yongguk won't think about her any differently. It felt nice to act like herself for once. However, she was slightly embarrassed about having to cry in front of them but they would probably laugh about this later. Even she had to admit herself, it was pretty funny. “Annie!” a voice called out from the living room.

 

Perking up, she realized it was Daehyun trying to get her attention. Turning off the water, she dried her hands then grumbled making her way out of the kitchen. “What!” she hissed impatiently upon entering the living room to find him sitting plopped down on the couch laying down on Youngjae's lap. Lucy was plopped on the floor leaning her back against the couch along with Jongup and Zelo while Yongguk and Himchan chitchatting with Daehyun and Youngjae were sitting on the adjacent couch. The TV was on but no one seemed to be watching it.

 

Where's my cheesecake?” he asked looking up at her.

 

What happened to the last batch I brought for you?” she demanded.

 

He ate it in one sitting,” Zelo answered quickly.

 

Good lord!” Annie's jaw dropped. “Seriously?”

 

Daehyun laughed awkwardly. “Hehe, I got hungry...”

 

And you're not sick of it yet?” she sighed shaking her head.

 

It's cheesecake and Daehyun, Annie. What do you expect?” Lucy chimed in, joyless. “That's a bond you can't break. You can take Youngjae away from him but you can never take cheesecake away from him.”

 

So you'd rather choose cheesecake over me?” Youngjae scoffed.

 

Cheesecake came along before you did,” Daehyun looked up at him innocently. “So of course!” he answered as if it was a trick question.

 

Oh great, another couple spat! Quick Jongup! Pass the popcorn!” Lucy perked up leaning against the couch comfortably.

 

Alright enough!” Annie cried out, garnering everyone's attention. She sighed glancing at Daehyun. “Can I finish cleaning up first before I run over to the bakery to pick some up for you?”

 

Daehyun shrugged. “Well, if you insist,” he said finally. “I'll be waiting...”

 

You know, it's not that hard to get up off your and run over to the bakery to get it yourself!” she barked back.

 

Annie, you know I can't do that,” Daehyun replied wearily.

 

He'd eat the whole store if he can,” Youngjae added.

 

Alright, give me ten more minutes,” she finally said.

 

Ten minutes later...

 

Okay I'm heading to the bakery now. Is there anyone here who would like to tag along with me?” she announced walking over to the living room to grab her bag.

 

I'll go!” Yongguk and Himchan stood up at once.

 

Annie gaped at them in astonishment. “Oh great,” she muttered shaking her head. “You two. Flip a coin. Play 'Rock, Paper, Scissors' or something. I don't have all night,” she said tapping on her left wrist as if she was wearing an imaginary watch. “In the meantime, I'll be waiting outside.” With that, Annie made her way out the door and waited in the hall while the others deliberated inside Daehyun's apartment. Soon, the door burst open, revealing the guy who would be accompanying her to the bakery that night. Giving him an expectant grin, she shook her head and chuckled, “I knew it'd be you.”


A/N: Hello again! Sorry for ruining Pearl Harbor for those of you who haven't seen it yet... And again I'm sorry if this chapter is a little boring. I hate to say that this is the last time I'll be updating for now since I have to return to work for the weekend. I'll try my best to update. And I'm sorry if this chapter is a little short. I had a little bit of trouble writing this one too but I had to include the beginning sequence. And I left you guys with a bit of a cliffhanger. I'm kind of bad at writing cliffhangers, so again I apologize! >.<

Anyways, who do you think it is? Himchan or Yongguk? O.o