Everybody's Got Somebody...

The Undomestic Nanny

(listen to this song as you read the chapter ^^)

Chapter 79

One year later...

Welcome to your new home, Zelo,” Lucy announced as she led him towards what would have been Annie's old room.

 

Zelo set his bags down on the floor as he stepped inside his new room. It was smaller than the room at Daehyun's but he couldn't turn down Lucy and Annie's promise to take him in as soon as they have a room available. He couldn't let them down. The girls have been very good to them and for that, he was extremely grateful. “Thank you, noona,” he spoke up.

 

Sorry, it's not much,” Lucy replied sheepishly. “If you want, you could take down her old posters. As you can see,” she glanced over to the posters hanging above the dresser, “Annie was an avid B2uty,” she chuckled, walking over to examine the old poster. Her bubbly facade soon morphed into a grave one.

 

Zelo took notice right away, placing a comforting hand on her shoulder. “Do you miss her?” he asked.

 

Lucy sighed, nodding. “Not a day goes by when I'm not thinking about her,” she said, her voice shaking. “It just feels different without her, you know? We were always together but now she's off living her own life.”

 

Maybe this is a good thing,” Zelo reasoned, garnering Lucy's attention as she shot him a puzzled look, “Well Annie noona is getting a fresh start. Maybe it's time for you to have your own fresh start, noona. Think of yourself for once instead of thinking of others. I mean you've already done enough for me and I'd like to repay you.”

 

I know how you can repay me,” she offered. He looked back at her expectantly. “Do well on your college entrance exams.”

 

He chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his head. “I'll try but I have another year or so before I can take them. If anything, Jonguppie hyung could use the encouragement.”

 

Right,” Lucy said softly, nodding in understanding. “Well make yourself at home, okay? Don't feel like you're a guest. This is your home now.”

 

Zelo reached over to hug her tightly. “Thanks again, noona.”

 

You're welcome, Zelo,” she said, her voice muffled through his shirt.

 

You know,” Lucy managed to pull away from him. “I think I know what I want to do now.”

 

He looked over at her curiously.

 

I've been considering going back to art school for quite some time,” she mused. “What do you think?”

 

Zelo grinned back at her and nodded. “That sounds like a plan,” he said. “Well, whatever you do, noona, I'll always support you no matter what.”

 

Thanks kid,” she beamed, looking down at the time on her phone. “I'm running late,” she stood up, turning to face him. “Will you be okay on your own?”

 

Where are you going?” he asked curiously.

 

Yongnam's in town and invited me out,” she grumbled. “It's the least I can do since his younger brother's keeping busy with my best friend.”

 

I see,” Zelo nodded, understanding right away. He smiled knowingly to himself. Since Annie was already off finding her own happiness, Lucy was perfectly capable of having her own happiness, he thought.

 

Anyways, do you have any plans for tonight?” she asked curiously as she was getting ready for her outing.

 

Well, Daehyun and Youngjae hyung asked for me and Jongup to help out for a little guerrilla concert they're throwing at some bar,” he told her.

 

Lucy stepped out from her room, peeking her head inside. “Concert?” she raised an eyebrow. “How come I didn't know about this?”

 

Zelo chuckled, shaking his head. “No one knows about it,” he replied with a hint of ambiguity to his tone. “In case you and Yongnam hyung run out of things to do, you guys should stop by.”

 

Thanks,” Lucy grinned slightly. “I'll think about it.” Soon, her phone went off. Looking down at the caller ID, she groaned in annoyance before picking it up. “What?”

 

Is that the way you answer all your calls?” Yongnam's voice rang out, chuckling.

 

You're the only exception on this part,” she muttered through gritted teeth.

 

Don't I feel special?”

 

Not really,” she barked back.

 

Well, I called to tell you that I'm downstairs,” he said. “Now me being my old fashioned self would prefer to walk over to your doorstep and use the doorbell or knock for all that matters myself but you clearly insisted on me giving you a courtesy call which is exactly what I'm doing so—“

 

Alright, shut up!” Lucy hissed. “I know you're downstairs, I can see you from up here.”

 

Great!” he exclaimed cheerily. “See you then!”

 

Lucy sighed heavily before turning to find Zelo gawking at her. “What?” she said.

 

He immediately shook his head, looking away from her. “Nothing,” he said, a hint of a smile appeared on his lips.

 

Well anyways, I should get going,” she announced grabbing her purse as she made her way towards the door. Once she was at the door, she looked over her shoulder. “Don't forget to lock the doors on your way out.”

 

Will do, noona,” he gave her a thumbs up.

 

Be good,” she finally said, shutting the door behind her.


 

There you are,” Yongnam said as soon as Lucy stepped out of the building. “I waited forever for you.”

 

You waited for five minutes,” she snapped.

 

I was just teasing,” he sneered.

 

Whatever,” she muttered under her breath. “So let's get this thing over with so I won't have to deal with you any longer.”

 

He frowned. “Ouch, that hurts,” he whined. “And I'd like to think of this 'thing' as an actual date. But the way you're referring to it makes it sound like it's the plague or something.”

 

Now it was Lucy's turn to feel bad. “Great,” she muttered. “Now I've officially look like an .”

 

A little,” he pointed out.

 

Lucy sighed, looking back at him. “So is this a date?” she slightly smiled.

 

Yongnam shrugged. “It could be whatever you want it to be,” he winked before smirking back at her.

 

Lucy rolled her eyes as she followed him to the car. “Wait, that reminds me. I won't forget the fact that you told everyone I had a drinking problem...” She narrowed her eyes at him.

 

Yongnam froze. “Hehe, you see,” he chuckled nervously. “I'm sure Natasha noona took what I said out of context and—“

 

She raised a hand to stop him. “You know what?” she sighed in exasperation. “Forget it! I don't wanna hear it!”

 

Whatever you say,” he mused, opening the door for her.

 

Well, aren't you the gentleman,” she snidely remarked.

 

What can I say? My mother taught me well,” he beamed proudly, shutting the door for her before making his way over to the driver's side. Lucy rolled her eyes once again. “You know, you're a lot prettier when you smile.”

 

Lucy found herself blushing. “Alright, start driving, mister,” she demanded, pointing ahead.

 

He started up the car. “Okay, where to?” he asked, looking over at her expectantly.

 

You're the one who asked me to come out with you, shouldn't you know where to go?!” she snapped.

 

Well, I'm only asking out of consideration, woman!” he snapped back at her. “And believe it or not, I actually had a back-up plan, thank you very much.”

 

Well since you do, then drive on,” she pointed ahead once again.

 

And I ask myself why I still tolerate you,” he muttered under his breath.

 

What did you say?”

 

Nothing,” he shook his head immediately before shifting the car into gear.


 

Okay,” Daehyun said as soon as he spotted Jongup and Zelo making their way over to him and Youngjae. “I'm gonna need you guys to set up on stage. We've got a show to run. In the meantime,” he turned to Youngjae. “We need to warm up.”

 

We won't have enough time,” Youngjae replied worriedly.

 

Daehyun sighed heavily. “I know, Jae but we have to take advantage of the little time we have before everyone comes,” he said. “I expect this to be a good show.”

 

We're only performing one song, Dae,” Youngjae pointed out.

 

Whether or not we're performing one song or a hundred songs, I still expect this to be a good show!” he exclaimed earnestly. “You need to be a little optimistic, Jae. Besides, I saw a bunch of pretty girls coming in. Let's win them over, huh?” He lightly elbowed his best friend.

 

Youngjae sighed in defeat, nodding. “You're right,” he said. “Did you talk to the others yet?” He asked, referring to Annie and Lucy.

 

Yongnam hyung should be bringing Lucy right now and I haven't heard from Annie all day,” Daehyun said.

 

I bet that boss of hers is hounding her with a bunch of work,” Youngjae muttered bitterly.

 

As if on cue, Daehyun's phone chimed. Hey, I'm sorry but I can't make it. Something came up... :/ you and Jae knock 'em dead. I promise I'll make it up to you guys. <3 Annie.

 

Daehyun sighed, placing his phone back into his pocket. “Who was it?” Youngjae asked curiously.

 

Annie,” Daehyun replied solemnly.

 

I'm guessing she can't make it,” Youngjae assumed.

 

Yep,” Daehyun nodded curtly. “This , big time.”

 

Hey,” Youngjae spoke up in a concerned manner, “We shouldn't be all -hurt about her not being able to make it. If something came up, then something came up. That shouldn't stop us from putting on a good show. As her best friends, we should be more understanding. And besides, there are other shows for her to see.”

 

A grin slowly made its way onto Daehyun's lips as he took in Youngjae's spiel. “You're right,” he said. “Let's get the show on the road!”

 

Hyungs,” Jongup's voice rang out from nearby. “I got the mics all set up.”

 

Great,” Youngjae grinned, patting the young man's shoulder. “We're gonna need you to stick around as the backup singers.”

 

Cool,” Jongup grinned back at him in return. “Do you need me or Zelo to do anything special? I can perform a really cool dance number and Zelo could work his magic with his LTE rap.”

 

No!” Daehyun shook his head right away. “None of that is necessary for this kind of song. You guys are just going to be background vocals, not that its necessary. We need you to act as wing men for us.”

 

Wing men?” Jongup scratched his head in confusion.

 

You need to make us look good, Jongup,” Youngjae stressed to the younger guy.

 

Find a bunch of pretty girls and bring them up front so me and Youngjae could work our charm,” Daehyun added. “Could you do that for us?”

 

Jongup hesitated a moment. “I don't know about that...”

 

Daehyun and Youngjae glanced at one another before bursting into laughter. “Don't tell us you don't know how to talk to girls?” Youngjae asked, raising an eyebrow.

 

Jongup shook his head innocently.

 

Daehyun and Youngjae both sighed heavily. “I knew this was hopeless,” Youngjae muttered.

 

Hey, it's worth a try,” Daehyun said, turning back to Jongup. “You and Zelo use your cutesy charms to win them over. Think of this as practice for when you do start dating.” He advised. “Good luck, Jongup.”

 

Jongup nodded wearily before running off to find Zelo.

 

Daehyun turned to Youngjae, smirking. “You ready, Jae?”

 

As ready as I'll ever be, Dae,” Youngjae said, taking a deep breath before entering the stage with Daehyun.

 

They spotted Lucy and Yongnam in the crowd. Lucy was clearly confused as to why she was there until she spotted them. The gleam in her eyes was priceless as she waved over to them. In turn, Daehyun and Youngjae waved back to her, smiling widely.

 

Another figure emerged from the crowd, making his way over towards the bar, Himchan proceeded to take a seat, ignoring the attention from the females in attendance. He soon looked over at the two best friends and gave them an encouraging smile.

 

How's everybody doing out there?” Daehyun spoke into the mic.

 

The crowd cheered in return, prompting both best friends to chuckle in return. At least they got the crowd going.

 

Alright this song is for all you single people in attendance,” it was Youngjae's turn to speak. “This is a special song. Now as you all should know, this isn't normally a song you'd catch me or Daehyunnie, here”—he placed a hand on his best friend's shoulder as emphasis—“would normally sing. So in the meantime, I hope you enjoy it.”

 

The crowd applauded in return before eventually dying down.

 

Soon, the band in the background proceeded to play a plucky, mid-tempo country pop melody, which got the crowd to dance along.

 

Daehyun began the first verse of the song, which showcased his soft vocals as opposed to his usual strong vocals:

 

I wish the couple on the corner would just get a room
Seems like everyone around me's on their honeymoon
I'd love to take a pin to a heart-shaped balloon
Everybody's got somebody but me

 

On cue, Youngjae stepped in to sing the second verse:

 

Well I don't know how I landed on this movie set
It's like a casting call for 'Romeo and Juliet'
I never would have noticed if we'd never met
But everybody's got somebody but me

 

Together, both guys proceeded to sing the chorus, which allowed both guys to point emphatically to the ladies in attendance.

 

And I miss you
Without you I just don't fit in
I know we're through
But I'm wishing we could try it again

 

Right after the end of the chorus, Daehyun and Youngjae proceeded to sing the second verse altogether. Their voices harmonizing perfectly with each word they sang:

 

I hear loves songs playing on the radio
People slow dancing everywhere I go
Well I'm a good slow dancer but you'd never know
Cause everybody's got somebody but me
Yeah they do

 

Everybody's got somebody....

Eventually, Lucy dragged Yongnam onto the dance floor to dance along. Daehyun and Youngjae glanced at one another smiling knowingly before proceeding to sing the chorus:

 

And I miss you
Without you I just don't fit in
I know we're through
But I'm wishing we could try it again

 

With Daehyun finishing off the chorus before going into the bridge part of the song, with Youngjae, Zelo, and Jongup handling the background vocals. From the crowd, they all spotted a very attractive female nearly tripping in which Himchan had caught her in time so that they were in a compromising position. They would stay that way until the song ended.

 

Around the same time, they spotted Lucy and Yongnam, sharing a tender moment as she slow danced with him. Before long, Yongnam leaned in to press his own lips against hers, catching her off guard. She hesitated at first before eventually giving in, smiling into the kiss.

 

Sitting here lonely at a table for two
Watching lovers being lovers in the corner booth
Seems like even cupid don't know what to do
Everybody's got somebody but me

Yeah, I don't know if I'll ever find another you

 

Youngjae harmonized with Daehyun towards the end of the bridge with Daehyun singing the last of the chorus once again.

 

But everybody's got somebody but me

Everybody, got somebody
Oh everybody, everybody, everybody but me now

 

Zelo and Jongup eventually got off the stage to boldly approach a pair of pretty girls, asking them to dance along with them. Daehyun and Youngjae frowned at one another before shrugging indifferently. They still had a song to finish.
 

(Everybody's got somebody)
Everybody has got somebody
(Everybody but me)
Everybody but me
(Everybody's got somebody)
Everybody
I miss you
(Everybody but me)
Everybody's got somebody but me

 

As soon as the song ended, the crowd gave Daehyun, Youngjae, Jongup, and Zelo a standing ovation. Lucy and Yongnam broke away from the kiss, seemingly flustered.

 

A crowd of fangirls soon made their way over to the four guys in a fit of giggles and muffled screams. Daehyun and Youngjae smiled in satisfaction. The plan had seemed to work, they thought. Thank you, Hunter Hayes for writing such an awesome song. They grinned widely.


 

As a result of the fall, Himchan's shirt was soaked and stained from the girl's drink. “Omo!” she gasped, placing a hand over . “I'm so sorry!” She apologized frantically, grabbing a random piece of napkin to wipe his shirt.

 

He reached up to stop her. “It's fine, don't worry about it,” he assured her.

 

This is all my fault,” she said, biting her bottom lip. “If I wasn't so clumsy, none of this would have happened...”

 

He chuckled, placing a hand over her shoulder. “It's fine,” he told her. “It happens so you shouldn't be so hard on yourself.”

 

At least let me pay for your dry cleaning,” she offered.

 

Don't worry about it,” he shook his head. “How about I just buy you another drink instead?”

 

The girl grinned widely, which showcased an eye smile that was enough to make Himchan smile. She seemed harmless and nice, unlike those other girls who liked to throw themselves at him. From what he could tell, she didn't mean to literally fall onto him like that so she had stuck around out of sheer embarrassment. Not that she minded from what Himchan noticed.

 

I'd like that,” she said finally, nodding in agreement.

 

Great,” he grinned back at her before extending his hand, allowing her to settle beside him. “My name's Kim Himchan, by the way.”

 

Himchan,” she repeated, shaking his hand in a seemingly sophisticated manner. “My name's Lee Yejin but you can call me Ailee, if you like. I don't mind either.”

 

Nice to meet you, Ailee,” he said with a suave smirk before signaling for the bartender to come serve them. “You can have whatever you want. It's on me.” he gave her a wink with a charming smile.

 

Ailee blushed before shifting her attention back to the bartender, sheepishly tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. She proceeded to order her drink turning back to Himchan once again. “I'm sorry again about your shirt, Himchan,” she began, giving him a sheepish smile.

 

Himchan chuckled. “Again with the apologies,” he placed a firm hand over hers. “Don't worry about it. You're making it up to me by joining me for a drink as it is. It's no big deal.”

 

Well, at least give me a chance to make it up to you,” she firmly processed.

 

He shot her a puzzled look. “How?” he raised an eyebrow.

 

Have dinner with me,” she told him. “It'll lift the burden off my shoulders.”

 

Himchan took a moment to consider it, his mouth curled into a warm smile. “I'd like that,” he said, nodding in agreement. “So what time am I picking you up?”

 

Ailee blushed once again before bursting into a fit of flustered giggles.


 

What was that all about?” asked Lucy, still reeling from the unexpected kiss from the other Bang twin.

 

Yongnam shrugged innocently. “I just wanted to show you how I feel, that's all,” he said ambiguously.

 

Lucy felt her heart racing rapidly as she felt her face heat up. “Yongnam...”

 

He placed an index finger over her plump lips to prevent her from speaking any further. “As you can see,” he began, clearing his throat sheepishly. “I'm not really good with these things but yes, Luce, I do like you. It's been going on for a while now.” He grinned. “As a matter of fact, I was looking forward to hanging out with you when I got into town.”

 

Her eyes widened. “Wow,” her lips curled into a small smile. “I'm just surprised you still like me despite the fact that you still can't tolerate me.” She sneered.

 

And you sure know how to ruin a good moment,” Yongnam muttered under his breath, sneering back at her.

 

Lucy chuckled, shrugging. “What can I say? I admit I'm a pain,” she said.

 

So,” he spoke up once again. “About that kiss... did you like it?” He gave her a hopeful smile.

 

To , she responded bu shrugging indifferently. “It was, eh...”

 

Luce,” he said her name in a reprimanding tone.

 

I didn't like it, nor did I hate it,” she patted his arm before winking. “I'll give you that.”

 

Is that supposed to make me feel any better?” he grumbled.

 

Lucy gave him a mischievous smirk in return, rolling her eyes.

 

Yongnam only sighed in relief, realizing she was just teasing him. This was going to be the start of something new and interesting, he thought smiling to himself.

 

As a matter of fact, the both of them knew it too.


A/N: Okay, I lied! I've split this chapter into two parts because Annie and Bang's story was longer than I thought so I decided to save theirs for last. I have a funny scenario in mind... Please watch out for it! And the song... I'm in love with the song, not to mention, I'm a Hunter Hayes fangirl (gah! He's just too cute! XD) I felt the song was very fitting for DaeJae's situation since their two best friends are off dating and of course I opened a door for their characters to eventually find someone of their own. In the meantime, enjoy! ^^